Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Ah ok ...so how much has Sprint boosted capacity for the up and coming super bowl?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ah ok ...so how much has Sprint boosted capacity for the up and coming super bowl?

They have pretty good B41 here. Not sure why no 4x4 mimo 256 QAM tho.5ca12f38de41eab7b09da3d05e1a90f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They have pretty good B41 here. Not sure why no 4x4 mimo 256 QAM tho.5ca12f38de41eab7b09da3d05e1a90f9.jpg

Hmm that's interesting....they would have it even better there.

Hmm that's interesting....they would have it even better there.

They do have small cells around the stadium. That pic is just inside

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Hmmmmmmm wait til there's a GINORMOUS load on all the networks :\

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, Rawvega said:

Nice! I wish that they'd sign a similar deal with Cox as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost prophetic....

Sprint and Cox partnership

January 18, 2018

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., and ATLANTAJan. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Sprint (NYSE: S) and Cox Communications today announced a new multi-year business agreement designed to strengthen each company. The agreement, reached as part of a settlement of patent litigation between the parties, will allow Sprint to leverage Cox’s broadband infrastructure to accelerate the densification of the Sprint network while simultaneously increasing efficiency of its macro backhaul and small cell deployment. Additionally, the agreement will increase and strengthen other business ties between the two companies.

"This is another opportunity to work with a strategic partner to accelerate our densification plans to improve our network performance and experience for Sprint customers throughout Cox’s national territory," said Sprint’s Chief Technology Officer John Saw. "Moving forward, we will continue to look for new opportunities to work with Cox in ways that are mutually beneficial."

"We are pleased to continue our positive, long-term working relationship that benefits both companies and consumers," said Steve Rowley, executive vice president, Cox Business.

Through the deployment of small cells and other solutions, Sprint is working to significantly densify its network to enhance performance and improve the customer experience. Sprint’s Densification and Optimization toolkit includes a variety of solutions from traditional macro towers to small cells including Sprint Magic Box, airpoles, strand mounts and repeaters. Through this agreement with Cox, Sprint will significantly accelerate deployment of that toolkit throughout Cox’s national footprint. With spectrum holdings of 204 MHz of spectrum and more than 160 MHz of 2.5 GHz in the top 100 markets, Sprint has more spectrum capacity than any other U.S. carrier enabling it to keep pace with customer’s growing demand for Unlimited data now and well into the future.

• Like 10

This is good. So Sprint teaming up with other companies is going to be their way of speeding up getting the network together this year it seems like?

This is good. So Sprint teaming up with other companies is going to be their way of speeding up getting the network together this year it seems like?
Hope so. Their Network is still the slowest of the 4. They need to change that.

20 minutes ago, derrph said:

It’s awesome! I would love to see a partnership with RCN next! It would definitely help out here in DC! I don’t see Comcast going for it given its partnership with Verizon.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmm wait til there's a GINORMOUS load on all the networks :\

Right. For Sprint’s sake, I hope that was a fluke. Put a couple hundred Sprint customers on that and it’s dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

It’s awesome! I would love to see a partnership with RCN next! It would definitely help out here in DC! I don’t see Comcast going for it given its partnership with Verizon.

That's true. So Since Sprint has Partnerships with Altice and Cox, They should really be hitting the running with massive network changes this year that will be noticeable. Too, they would also be dodging alot of permits too correct?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, derrph said:

That's true. So Since Sprint has Partnerships with Altice and Cox, They should really be hitting the running with massive network changes this year that will be noticeable. Too, they would also be dodging alot of permits too correct?

Yeah, assuming Sprint has the Capex available and the equipment is available in sufficient supply, these Network improvements should happen quite rapidly because they’ll be sidestepping the permit process.

16 minutes ago, JeffDTD said:

Right. For Sprint’s sake, I hope that was a fluke. Put a couple hundred Sprint customers on that and it’s dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint is only using 2xCA on the DAS. But im willing to bet, it will hold up really nicely because of one major thing..

Quote from Sprint blog post

"We're using a brand new state-of-the-art Distributed Antenna System (DAS) with more than 800 antennas inside the stadium powered by Sprint small cells"

This leads me to believe that peak speeds will be somewhat limited but average speeds will stay quite high despite traffic due to antenna density.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Yeah, assuming Sprint has the Capex available and the equipment is available in sufficient supply, these Network improvements should happen quite rapidly because they’ll be sidestepping the permit process.

Cool! One can only hope things are ready to go and put into the wild. This is their make or break year. 

Sprint is only using 2xCA on the DAS. But im willing to bet, it will hold up really nicely because of one major thing..
Quote from Sprint blog post
"We're using a brand new state-of-the-art Distributed Antenna System (DAS) with more than 800 antennas inside the stadium powered by Sprint small cells"
This leads me to believe that peak speeds will be somewhat limited but average speeds will stay quite high despite traffic due to antenna density.
Why only 2xca? Even the Mall of America has 3x.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Why only 2xca? Even the Mall of America has 3x.

800 DAS antennas for around 72,000 users is 90 users on average per DAS antenna with most of them not Sprint customers.  You will probably see an average of less than 20 Sprint users per DAS antenna. 224mbps down and 8.8mbps up (2xCA Band 41) should be perfectly fine for well more than 20 users to share although it could be a little slow uploading pictures and video clips.

• Like 2

800 DAS antennas for around 72,000 users is 90 users on average per DAS antenna with most of them not Sprint customers.  You will probably see an average of less than 20 Sprint users per DAS antenna. 224mbps down and 8.8mbps up (2xCA Band 41) should be perfectly fine for well more than 20 users to share although it could be a little slow uploading pictures and video clips.
So the 800 DAS is actually between all 4 carriers?

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

So the 800 DAS is actually between all 4 carriers?

Verizon built the DAS and Sprint is using it so I assume it is available for all the carriers.  In addition to the 800 DAS antennas, there are 1300 WiFi access points in US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

4 minutes ago, radem said:

Verizon built the DAS and Sprint is using it so I assume it is available for all the carriers.  In addition to the 800 DAS antennas, there are 1300 WiFi access points in US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

Hopefully there’s enough conspicuous signage to tell people to use the WiFi.

Hopefully there’s enough conspicuous signage to tell people to use the WiFi.
No matter the signs. I'm not using public WiFi.

• Like 1

@Tengen31

mind explaining why?

Personally I won't log into anything (email, online accounts, ect) over a unsecured wifi connection but after I log in over the cell network I don't mind browsing it over unsecure wifi.

Perhaps I'm naive about other possible security issues so I''m just trying to learn if there's something else I'm not aware of :)