Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

3 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Too many companies do not pay taxes. I would like something like a VAT based on revenues rather than profits. No loopholes, no exemptions.

Zero companies pay taxes. Employees, share holders and customers pay taxes. VAT has merits but because it is a consumption tax not because companies "pay". The best tax system is a progressive sales tax. 

58 minutes ago, Rawvega said:

If he's going to do all of the wonderful things that are being claimed then great. Do it first and then tout your accomplishments afterwards.

Lowering tax expense sets the stage for having more available funds to increase CapEx to improve the network, hopefully bring back Care jobs to the States, and paying down debt faster to accelerate Sprint’s turnaround.

I think Marcelo is simply stating that can now happen.

Not all of Tim Cook’s opinions make his Twitter feed. He also states them in interviews, Earnings Calls and in company letters.

I’d like to hear more about this during Sprint’s next earnings call.

25 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Lowering tax expense sets the stage for having more available funds to increase CapEx to improve the network, hopefully bring back Care jobs to the States, and paying down debt faster to accelerate Sprint’s turnaround.

I think Marcelo is simply stating that can now happen.

Again, that's great, but like I previously stated, I just think it'd be better to do it first and then tout the accomplishments afterwards. I'm sure that his intentions were good, but it came off as favoring one side of a heated political issue. I don't think that's a good idea in Marcelo's position.

Not all of Tim Cook’s opinions make his Twitter feed. He also states them in interviews, Earnings Calls and in company letters.

I'm sure that they don't, but if you go back to my original post on this matter you will see that I was specifically talking about social media. Most customers aren't paying attention to Marcelo speaking on earnings calls and Sprint company letters. Most customers and potential customers are probably on social media though.

Moreover, Sprint isn't Apple simply put. The Apple machine is nigh unstoppable at this point so their CEO can afford to be a bit more vocal on some topics. Sprint, not so much.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Dr. Saw with the Year-End Network Update and what’s on the horizon for 2018 and beyond:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/celebrating-and-accelerating.htm

Yeah those HPUE numbers are b.s. I haven't seem any difference since going from my Note 5 to my S8+. Just more or less the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah those HPUE numbers are b.s. I haven't seem any difference since going from my Note 5 to my S8+. Just more or less the same.

I disagree. Although it may not be dramatic, there IS a difference.

1 hour ago, Rawvega said:

Again, that's great, but like I previously stated, I just think it'd be better to do it first and then tout the accomplishments afterwards. I'm sure that his intentions were good, but it came off as favoring one side of a heated political issue. I don't think that's a good idea in Marcelo's position.

I'm sure that they don't, but if you go back to my original post on this matter you will see that I was specifically talking about social media. Most customers aren't paying attention to Marcelo speaking on earnings calls and Sprint company letters. Most customers and potential customers are probably on social media though.

Moreover, Sprint isn't Apple simply put. The Apple machine is nigh unstoppable at this point so their CEO can afford to be a bit more vocal on some topics. Sprint, not so much.

If he had combined his Tweet with announcing that Sprint was increasing CapEx by $1 Billion as a result or bringing back US Care jobs, that would be better? I’d be happy about it too. I hope it happens.

Even if Marcelo doesn’t Tweet it, anything he says during an earnings call or other interview can get picked up by a site and spread around to Social Media the same way.

It’s true that Apple (and Tim Cook) is in a financial position to not care what anyone thinks about most things... but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t closely scrutinized on everything coming out of that place.

12 minutes ago, though said:

Hopefully by the time an HPUE iPhone is released for my annual upgrade in the Fall, Sprint will have Band 41 on many more of its cell sites and there will be a greater difference in performance between HPUE and Non-HPUE Devices.

Hopefully by the time an HPUE iPhone is released for my annual upgrade in the Fall, Sprint will have Band 41 on many more of its cell sites and there will be a greater difference in performance between HPUE and Non-HPUE Devices.
I have noticed that on most devices ... Band 25 is still set as the priority band.. which is should be band 41.. next year via updates that's supposed to change and I think that will help hpue more often

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If he had combined his Tweet with announcing that Sprint was increasing CapEx by $1 Billion as a result or bringing back US Care jobs, that would be better? I’d be happy about it too. I hope it happens.

I think it would be better to announce those initiatives on their own after they've been completed or at least started and without referencing any hot button issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Don't hold your breathe, Apple and Qualcomm still have issues

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

7 hours ago, though said:

I agree. There absolutely is a difference. I hold onto a weak B41 signal with my LG G6 in places I have never seen it before compared to my G5, including in my house where I though a B41 connection would never be possible.

We don't allow political discussion at S4GRU for good reason. We're bordering on that now. And that illustrates how what Marcelo did was not smart. The tax bill ended up being highly partisan. So joining the bandwagon looks political and alienates millions of customers. 

Exactly why we insist on staying out. 

• Like 20

We don't allow political discussion at S4GRU for good reason. We're bordering on that now. And that illustrates how what Marcelo did was not smart. The tax bill ended up being highly partisan. So joining the bandwagon looks political and alienates millions of customers. 
Exactly why we insist on staying out. 
Good cause I don't wanna read nor see that crap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

https://twitter.com/SprintCTO

Looks like John Saw activated his twitter! The only way I was drawn to this, I saw an odd like on a comment complaining of low speeds(on a Sprint thread imagine that) I moved to highlight it and there is the Sprint CTO. Lolok, interesting choice, maybe he sees a challenge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

wut.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Is HPUE limited to Qualcomm devices?

Sprint's system optimizations on Qualcomm SOCs, specifically the current snap dragons  are the only ones doing it. Apple is busy slowing down 6's and 7's depending on the battery state unless you get the battery replace and we all know about Apple slowing down Qualcomm modems in there devices to equal speeds with Intel models. 

• Like 3

Sprint's system optimizations on Qualcomm SOCs, specifically the current snap dragons  are the only ones doing it. Apple is busy slowing down 6's and 7's depending on the battery state unless you get the battery replace and we all know about Apple slowing down Qualcomm modems in there devices to equal speeds with Intel models. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Apparently the S8 Oreo beta makes some nice improvements network wise with the phone.  Based on what I read in the smartphone forums here, HPUE makes a noticeable difference on the LG G6 and not so much on Samsung's latest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Meanwhile, Sprint came last of the 4 carriers in customer satisfaction according to a Consumer Reports survey:

http://bgr.com/2017/12/21/best-wireless-network-2017-sprint-vs-t-mobile-consumer-reports/

This entire thing falls apart when you see that the top ranked carriers are all Sprint and T-Mobile MVNOs despite Sprint getting the lowest ratings. All you have to do to see that BGR loves to fan the flames on the Sprint hate train is search for Sprint on their website. Literally every article where Sprint is mentioned is an attack on them. Searching for T-Mobile shows an article for every single deal they have. They even have an article telling readers that a T-Mobile BOGO deal ends in 8 hours. The site borders on T-Mobile advertisement.

Even TmoNews isn't that biased and they're a site strictly about T-Mobile.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

Apparently the S8 Oreo beta makes some nice improvements network wise with the phone.  Based on what I read in the smartphone forums here, HPUE makes a noticeable difference on the LG G6 and not so much on Samsung's latest.

I had the first beta briefly, didn't see any changes but I guess the latest one might have changed things.