Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Contact Sprint Customer Care via live chat. Have them manually add Hulu to your line(s). You should receive a text on your line(s) almost immediately. Make sure Wi-Fi is off on your device(s) and click the link in the text. You’ll then be able to set up your Hulu account(s).

Thanks for the advise. Ill give that a try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully you'll get a rep that knows what they are doing.   I had no luck  dealing with Customer care after 2 tries.   I have to work up the stamina of trying again.   

The on line chat person said I was good to go, but couldn't get the Hulu working. ( I had also called Hulu for help and they said it was strictly in Sprint's court)  Online finally told me to call 888-477-4727 Sprints normal help #.   Called twice... one was overseas and could not speak clear enough English to understand and kept putting me on hold to "Check with someone".    A few hours later tried again.  Told that only the new Freedom Unlimited plan was the only one that is truly free for customers.  If you have a different plan, you will get the first 30 days free then a charge will begin automatically.   I asked for escalation to a supervisor... was put on hold for 10 mins then the agent came back on to say nobody was available and to call back.    This was my experience over the weekend.   I was nice the entire time as being mean or forceful gets you no where.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That doesn’t seem right at all. As long as you’re on an Unlimited plan, it should add to the account and there shouldn’t be a charge. Go back to the online chat and tell them to add it to your line.

Try doing a Profile Update on your device after it’s added. Then turn off your WiFi and go to the Hulu sign up page on your device: hulu.com/sprint

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the self-enroll a couple of days ago and had no luck. Tried again last night and it worked without a hitch. I did nothing different at all.  Maybe availability was rolled out to accounts in phases? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

I tried the self-enroll a couple of days ago and had no luck. Tried again last night and it worked without a hitch. I did nothing different at all.  Maybe availability was rolled out to accounts in phases? 

I had to do the profile update after I selected it in my sprint account, then hit the hulu.com/sprint site, in which it saw it and I was up and running, took all of 5 minutes friday

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kg4icg said:

I had to do the profile update after I selected it in my sprint account, then hit the hulu.com/sprint site, in which it saw it and I was up and running, took all of 5 minutes friday

 

That’s what worked for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Hyde is also leaving the company. What is the game plan here going forward with Sprint? Is this this slimming down of roles since they are going to go it alone?

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-s-affiliates-and-wholesale-president-jim-hyde-also-leaving-company

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Sprint is going to replace these two that are leaving the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

That doesn’t seem right at all. As long as you’re on an Unlimited plan, it should add to the account and there shouldn’t be a charge. Go back to the online chat and tell them to add it to your line.

Try doing a Profile Update on your device after it’s added. Then turn off your WiFi and go to the Hulu sign up page on your device: hulu.com/sprint

thanks RedSpark... I'll try again.   It's about getting the right person on the other end that kinda-sorta knows what they are doing.      I'm afraid to have them change my plan because then it will kick off have to reapply for my corporate discount and all that rig-a-mo-roll...

 

Oh, by the way, thought you'd all enjoy this... one of the overseas customer service agents said I wasn't eligible for a devise upgrade / contract termination because of my new device I had recently purchased??   (Magic Box).    After explaining to them what it was and much more confusion they rescinded what they earlier said..   What ever.  As long as my bill is correct at the end of the month.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

Wonder if Sprint is going to replace these two that are leaving the company.

Dr. Saw will absorb Günther’s responsibilities into his position as the current CTO and report directly to Marcelo.

Not sure what they’ll do for Jim Hyde yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

thanks RedSpark... I'll try again.   It's about getting the right person on the other end that kinda-sorta knows what they are doing.      I'm afraid to have them change my plan because then it will kick off have to reapply for my corporate discount and all that rig-a-mo-roll...

 

Oh, by the way, thought you'd all enjoy this... one of the overseas customer service agents said I wasn't eligible for a devise upgrade / contract termination because of my new device I had recently purchased??   (Magic Box).    After explaining to them what it was and much more confusion they rescinded what they earlier said..   What ever.  As long as my bill is correct at the end of the month.   

No prob. I had luck with getting this done via chat. I was having trouble adding it via self-service. Although it said it added, I still wasn’t getting the activation text. Chat was able to get it done. Doing the Profile Update probably helped too.

Wow. That’s nuts. Sprint needs to do a much better job training its overseas support people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Dr. Saw will absorb Günther’s responsibilities into his position as the current CTO and report directly to Marcelo.

Not sure what they’ll do for Jim Hyde yet.

I love Gunther, but I never understood why Dr. Saw wasn't  overseeing network upgrades and reporting directly to Marcelo since that is what CTO Neville does at Tmobile anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derrph said:

Jim Hyde is also leaving the company. What is the game plan here going forward with Sprint?

Hyde is being let go because of anger management problems.  Don Jekyll will be taking over his role at Sprint.

AJ

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SprintNYC said:

I love Gunther, but I never understood why Dr. Saw wasn't  overseeing network upgrades and reporting directly to Marcelo since that is what CTO Neville does at Tmobile anyways. 

During the conference talk that Marcelo gave recently, he commented/answered that Dr. Saw would be happy with the increased CapEx Sprint was planning to do. He didn’t mention Günther’s name in that sentence or two to the interviewer. I was a bit curious why at the time. Perhaps Günther’s departure was already planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 11:52 AM, RedSpark said:

Just fixed it. Each line on a family plan has its own Hulu subscription with its own email/password.

How? I'm being told only 1 line on the account can have Hulu added. I'm on the framily plan btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tbs123456 said:

How? I'm being told only 1 line on the account can have Hulu added. I'm on the framily plan btw.

Weird. I was able to add it to all lines.

However, Framily functions as a bunch of separate accounts. You may have to have the other lines request it be added directly for their lines via chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Weird. I was able to add it to all lines.

However, Framily functions as a bunch of separate accounts. You may have to have the other lines request it be added directly for their lines via chat.

I was also told it is for new activations only and the first month is free afterwards it is $7.99 a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tbs123456 said:

I was also told it is for new activations only and the first month is free afterwards it is $7.99 a month.

Neither of those are true as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Weird. I was able to add it to all lines.

However, Framily functions as a bunch of separate accounts. You may have to have the other lines request it be added directly for their lines via chat.

It is supposed to be one account per Sprint account. So one line only on your account. That is in the fine print.

52 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Neither of those are true as far as I know.

Anyone with Unlimited Freedom can add Hulu to *one* line per account. Other plans can ad Hulu for one month free and then a discount. However, it doesn't seem to be ironed out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

It is supposed to be one account per Sprint account. So one line only on your account. That is in the fine print.

Anyone with Unlimited Freedom can add Hulu to *one* line per account. Other plans can ad Hulu for one month free and then a discount. However, it doesn't seem to be ironed out yet.

That’s what I thought as well... but Hulu is on each of our Unlimited Freedom lines as individual accounts. When Sprint’s customer care people added it to all the lines on their end, it sent a separate sign up text to each line, which meant a separate Hulu account for each line was created. Not sure if this is the case for others, but it’s what happened for us.

As far as the charge for Hulu for other plans, I saw Tweet replies from customer care that any Unlimited Data plan qualified for the free Hulu offer. Perhaps that was in error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Hopefully you'll get a rep that knows what they are doing.   I had no luck  dealing with Customer care after 2 tries.   I have to work up the stamina of trying again.   

The on line chat person said I was good to go, but couldn't get the Hulu working. ( I had also called Hulu for help and they said it was strictly in Sprint's court)  Online finally told me to call 888-477-4727 Sprints normal help #.   Called twice... one was overseas and could not speak clear enough English to understand and kept putting me on hold to "Check with someone".    A few hours later tried again.  Told that only the new Freedom Unlimited plan was the only one that is truly free for customers.  If you have a different plan, you will get the first 30 days free then a charge will begin automatically.   I asked for escalation to a supervisor... was put on hold for 10 mins then the agent came back on to say nobody was available and to call back.    This was my experience over the weekend.   I was nice the entire time as being mean or forceful gets you no where.    

It work flawlessly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what Sprint's Black Friday deals will be this year?  I've seen T-Mobile's ad, but unless I've missed it, nothing from Sprint...

- Trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trip said:

Any idea what Sprint's Black Friday deals will be this year?  I've seen T-Mobile's ad, but unless I've missed it, nothing from Sprint...

- Trip

It says "Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from Sprint" at the top of the Promotions Page: https://www.sprint.com/landings/promotions/index.html

I think those offers are what they're running with this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

I was just reading this lol. I think this memo sent out was the start of the new Sprint. It sounds like they are able to get get their hands dirty and actually compete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×