Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I think Sprint is testing VoLTE or Calling Plus in my area. While I was on my way home I noticed I was still connected to LTE on my iPhone 7+ (iOS version 11.1 & carrier 30.1) one thing I did notice though it only worked if I was connected to band 41, I couldn’t replicate the “VoLTE” connection if I was on band 25 or band 26.

I wasn’t connected to WiFi prior

pretty cool.

FA72DB11-B23A-4A33-9313-C917177CFFA3.thumb.jpeg.62b03e3004b1820cd4127d5d7134bcaf.jpeg

I️ had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I️ posted it in the (VCC) thread.

39 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

I think Sprint is testing VoLTE or Calling Plus in my area. While I was on my way home I noticed I was still connected to LTE on my iPhone 7+ (iOS version 11.1 & carrier 30.1) one thing I did notice though it only worked if I was connected to band 41, I couldn’t replicate the “VoLTE” connection if I was on band 25 or band 26.

pretty cool.

iPhone catches up to Android again.... :P

It does look like they have rolled out some version of Calling Plus to iPhones now. 

• Like 2

Now if we could just get calling plus in the Galaxy S7...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Someone told me it was on the S7 edge. So why wouldn't it be on the S7.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Someone told me it was on the S7 edge. So why wouldn't it be on the S7.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the latest update BQJ3 and no VOLTE. Calling plus is mentioned in the wifi calling setup but just as the last few updates there still is no option to turn on calling Plus. Same with my wifes S7E

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, swintec said:

Sprint seemed to have updated the premium caller id service to support a bunch more handsets.  What is surprising to me is that my Nexus 5X is also included.   All day today calls were coming in with caller id name being shown which was never the case before.  Then i get a text from sprint talking about the premium caller id add on and how its $2.99 per month and how they just added the 10 day trial to my account, which explains why the above happened.  I loved this service on my Bolt but didnt think it would ever come to the nexus devices because you had to use sprints caller id app, well not anymore i guess. 

anyone else seeing this?

could it explain why the network initiated a profile update late tuesday night, in prep for this?

also, i ask this every time i talk about it, but how does this work in the background technically, since now it is being used without the caller id app?  it works whether im connected to LTE or not.  any reason why this has not always been available on smart devices?  is this something at the network level?

That's odd. Google has their own type of Caller ID that shows the names of businesses and services. It only works with Sprint if you have WiFi (since we have no simultaneous Voice+Data).

Are you sure it wasn't that? Sprint still hasn't gotten around to adding visual voicemail or Wifi calling to Android BYOD (except for the Essential, but that's a huge exception). I doubt Android BYOD devices will ever see Calling+ tbh.

15 hours ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

pretty cool.

FA72DB11-B23A-4A33-9313-C917177CFFA3.jpeg

Neat stuff.  Do you have wifi calling turned on in settings?  Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi calling     ?

Just trying to find out what settings have to be on to possibly get this to work.  

I've heard from several trustworthy sources at Sprint that Guenther Ottendorfer is leaving the company and that Dr. John Saw will be promoted to report directly to Marcelo. As a result, Dr. Saw will have full oversight and responsibility for the network.

Curious what the story is behind this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I've heard from several trustworthy sources at Sprint that Guenther Ottendorfer is leaving the company and that Dr. John Saw will be promoted to report directly to Marcelo. As a result, Dr. Saw will have full oversight and responsibility for the network.

Curious what the story is behind this.

That's too bad considering he has definitely been a positive and consumer-friendly personality at Sprint. Saw, not so much. But as far as technical skills, Saw came from Clear, and has probably the most extensive experience in the high band realm.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

That's too bad since he has definitely been a positive and consumer-friendly personality at Sprint. Saw, not so much. But as far as technical skills, Saw came from Clear, and has probably the most extensive experience in the high band realm.

Yeah. I really hope someone steps up into the consumer-friendly role he established. That's something T-Mobile does very well. Neville Ray (https://twitter.com/NevilleRay) is very active on Twitter, as are many other T-Mobile executives.

When customers tweet network questions to Neville, he readily responds. Sprint needs that.

Dr. Saw isn't on Twitter as far as I know. He does have a "Facebook Page" though: https://www.facebook.com/Sprint-CTO-1060594950693311/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, greenbastard said:

That's odd. Google has their own type of Caller ID that shows the names of businesses and services. It only works with Sprint if you have WiFi (since we have no simultaneous Voice+Data).

Are you sure it wasn't that? Sprint still hasn't gotten around to adding visual voicemail or Wifi calling to Android BYOD (except for the Essential, but that's a huge exception). I doubt Android BYOD devices will ever see Calling+ tbh.

This was working without wifi even on but i know what you are talking about but it was not that.  this is true caller id with name.  it is also listed in the add-ons for my account as a 10 day trial.  Strangely, it was shown as $2.99 for my 5X but $4.99 for the essential.

So sprint chat told me that I can't get Hulu till the 12/8 because it came out today but only in some areas I will call and see if it's different

UPDATE:

Just went online to my account and just added myself 

1 minute ago, Kevster1321 said:

So sprint chat told me that I can't get Hulu till the 12/8 because it came out today but only in some areas I will call and see if it's different

What? It says "Online Only" until 12/8. Then it will be available through retail and other channels.

Here's the full Hulu FAQ's: https://www.sprint.com/content/sprint/sprint_com/us/en/support/solutions/services/hulu.html?INTNAV=LP:HuluPros:FAQs

Did you log into your Sprint account and check services? As long as you have an unlimited account you should see it there. Once you add it, you just have to wait until you receive the text confirming the service was added. Then click the link in the text message and go from there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevster1321 said:

In some areas.. what kind of mess is that? I don't think that chat rep is informed well enough. They're making it sound like it's being deployed like a network build lol. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Did you log into your Sprint account and check services? As long as you have an unlimited account you should see it there. Once you add it, you just have to wait until you receive the text confirming the service was added. Then click the link in the text message and go from there.

How is this handled for accounts with multiple lines? Does each line need to sign up to get its own Hulu subscription?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

What? It says "Online Only" until 12/8. Then it will be available through retail and other channels.

Here's the full Hulu FAQ's: https://www.sprint.com/content/sprint/sprint_com/us/en/support/solutions/services/hulu.html?INTNAV=LP:HuluPros:FAQs

Yeah, we can't sign up because we are on the Hulu no commercials plan.  But it's a good offer for others.

10 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Actually, after you  check and confirm it in adding services and receive the email, you hit prl update on your phone before going to hulu.com/sprint, then just follow instructions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, derrph said:

In some areas.. what kind of mess is that? I don't think that chat rep is informed well enough. They're making it sound like it's being deployed like a network build lol. 

Yeah I was like OK thanks then went into my account and added it. they really need to fix there customer service 

• Like 1

Yeah I was like OK thanks then went into my account and added it. they really need to fix there customer service 

And fast lol. I would've had fun with that rep asking is there a timetable as to when it will be available in my area? lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1