Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Cleared cache/cookies and even tried on an incognito tab after the first attempt.  Got different ads each time I tried though.  I was surprised to see a new account activation offer before I cleared everything.  I think Sprint is starting to run several more offers now to see if they can get anyone to sign up on free service,cash offers, or reduced service and phone cost.

6 hours ago, twospirits said:

Sprint now offering a credit card. Expanding it nationwide.

I'll definetly jump on that if I'm able to, when I joined Sprint back in 2012 I had a sub 600 credit score, I was able to build it back up to 700 or so, then contracts went away and I did easy pay and now I have no score lol since nothing has touched it since I had a contract. Maybe this will be a way for me to build it back up again, after all I've been a loyal upstanding customer for so many years without ever a missed or late payment. 

• Like 2

Hulu deal is a go! Starting on Friday..

Looking forward to giving Hulu live TV another go since I'm already a subscriber and would love to have the option of adding live TV at a discount.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/11/15/sprints-latest-bid-lure-customers-free-hulu/863818001/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Hopefully, Sprint will accelerate its CapEx in light of this development.

The Hulu signup window is from 11/17 to 12/8.

Hmm wow such as short time to sign up so this is a promo pretty much. So I guess we will see a credit for the $7.99 on our Sprint bill. 

52 minutes ago, derrph said:

Hmm wow such as short time to sign up so this is a promo pretty much. So I guess we will see a credit for the $7.99 on our Sprint bill. 

It's an interesting move for Sprint.

13 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

It's an interesting move for Sprint.

Very much so.

What's funny is the Tmo Reddit is ripping it apart saying it's an inferior service.I personally like Hulu more than Netflix. I'm sure if John offered Hulu it'll be the best move ever. I even saw one comment that TMo doesn't need to hand out free things...umm sir where have you been? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, derrph said:

Very much so.

What's funny is the Tmo Reddit is ripping it apart saying it's an inferior service.I personally like Hulu more than Netflix. I'm sure if John offered Hulu it'll be the best move ever. I even saw one comment that TMo doesn't need to hand out free things...umm sir where have you been? 

Yeah, they'd all be like "Hulu rulez. Netflix sux."

Some salty folks over there! :lol:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Yeah, they'd all be like "Hulu rulez. Netflix sux."

Some salty folks over there! :lol:

Exactly. It makes no sense at all. They thew a fit even when John said to get the FREE netflix, You had to have the One plan. But I wonder if this Hulu deal is not just limited to UF but to the other plans like UMY and ED1500. If so that right there makes what Sprint is offering better.

*edit: the forum topic has been locked on the Tmo Reddit page. The mod threw a jab saying, If you want to talk about it there's a page dedicated to 100% Sprint... lmao. 

• Like 3

Guys when T-Mobile offers free things it's because they're adding value to the already best unlimited plan.  When Sprint offers free things it's because they're desperate and no one uses the free offered service anyways.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, avb said:

Guys when T-Mobile offers free things it's because they're adding value to the already best unlimited plan.  When Sprint offers free things it's because they're desperate and no one uses the free offered service anyways.

:lol: :lol::lol:

53 minutes ago, avb said:

If that is not sarcasm, somebody grab a shovel.  Because the bullshit, er, I mean nifty shit is piling up around here.

AJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiWavelength said:

If that is not sarcasm, somebody grab a shovel.  Because the bullshit, er, I mean nifty shit is piling up around here.

AJ

Definitely sarcasm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clbowens said:

But this doesn't apply if you currently subscribe to Hulu commercial-free plan, correct?  If I am reading the terms right.

I don't think it applies as a credit. However, Sprint/Hulu are planning to offer this as an upgrade:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-says-hello-to-hulu.htm

Sprint and Hulu soon plan to offer Sprint Unlimited customers an upgrade option for Hulu’s sports and news-centric live TV plan. Stream the top sports networks and live games from major pro and college leagues, including the NFL, NCAA football, MLB, NBA and European Premier League soccer. Score!

Curious to see what this will be!

9 hours ago, derrph said:

Very much so.

Funny because I haven't found a thing to watch on Netflix in months and everything I wanna watch has been on Hulu. 

• Like 3

Sprint seemed to have updated the premium caller id service to support a bunch more handsets.  What is surprising to me is that my Nexus 5X is also included.   All day today calls were coming in with caller id name being shown which was never the case before.  Then i get a text from sprint talking about the premium caller id add on and how its $2.99 per month and how they just added the 10 day trial to my account, which explains why the above happened.  I loved this service on my Bolt but didnt think it would ever come to the nexus devices because you had to use sprints caller id app, well not anymore i guess. 

anyone else seeing this?

could it explain why the network initiated a profile update late tuesday night, in prep for this?

also, i ask this every time i talk about it, but how does this work in the background technically, since now it is being used without the caller id app?  it works whether im connected to LTE or not.  any reason why this has not always been available on smart devices?  is this something at the network level?

I think Sprint is testing VoLTE or Calling Plus in my area. While I was on my way home I noticed I was still connected to LTE on my iPhone 7+ (iOS version 11.1 & carrier 30.1) one thing I did notice though it only worked if I was connected to band 41, I couldn’t replicate the “VoLTE” connection if I was on band 25 or band 26.

I wasn’t connected to WiFi prior

pretty cool.

FA72DB11-B23A-4A33-9313-C917177CFFA3.jpeg

• Like 5