Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I like Milan a lot but deducing coverage from speed tests is just wrong. 

Edited by S4GRU
Moved response outside the quote bubble

21 hours ago, MarshieZballer said:

That's what I'm scared of. Since I actually still will need to be able to roam, I don't want to test my luck. But it looks promising thus far!

I've yet to ever roam on Verizon as far as I know.

Actually, went to a fair today that had a Verizon COW set up i believe.  I roamed on it much of the time while there.  Sent some traffic through and my roaming totals did update from that traffic so USCC roaming, not counted (even in native coverage totals for some reason).  Verizon roaming IS counted.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Just a heads up, there is no data roaming in major metro areas and the counties that form it's MSA. CDMA data roaming on Verizon is just about dead and it's only used for voice now. AT&T LTE works, but once you cross certain county lines, you're SOL. Also, certain services/sites are blocked by Sprint (mostly videos).

Sprint should update it's data maps to better reflect the new LTE roaming agreement with At&t.

Did I miss something about Sprint having a roaming deal with ATT?  This is the first I have heard of it.  Is this nation wide or just in specific markets?

2 minutes ago, Johnner1999 said:

Is this in place of vzw or best choice for location?   And is it LTE only ie data or voice? 

Oh I assume limited to 250mb per month. 

LTE only, and voice still roaming on Verizon.

300mb roaming limit as far as I know..

5 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

LTE only, and voice still roaming on Verizon.

300mb roaming limit as far as I know..

On most plans you will get cut off after 100mb. My brother on the way to New Mexico encountered roaming and managed to use 100mb and was cut off. 

• Like 3

On 9/27/2017 at 10:02 PM, though said:

I may be wrong but I think it may sometimes take a day or 2 to tally up.

Nope still nothing. The first time I went up to Wausau was almost 1.5 weeks ago with LTE roaming, and now it's been over 24 hours since I was last on LTE roaming and still at 0. Both after using Cellcom and U.S. Cellular roaming data.

Tomorrow we're headed down to Prarie Du Chien and will be roaming from La Crosse until we get there. I'll recreate the experience again and see what I roam on... but still looking very promising as long as I stay off of Verizon!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kevster1321 said:

Does anyone know where att roaming is allowed/not allowed I'm in CT and would love to roam for data because I can't with Verizon 

There's no map, but we do know that Sprint doesn't allow AT&T LTE roaming inside most major markets and the counties surrounding them. Sprint handsets just won't connect to AT&T in cities such as New York, Dallas, or LA. 

With Connecticut being so small, chances are that your county is too close to Hartford. You'll probably have to drive North into Vermont before you see any AT&T.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kevster1321 said:

Does anyone know where att roaming is allowed/not allowed I'm in CT and would love to roam for data because I can't with Verizon 

i roamed in vermont on AT&T back in the beginning of June but the speeds are throttled to be really really low.

6 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

how slow are they?

You’re usually looking at sub megabit speeds. That being said, pings are low and lightweight activities like web browsing work pretty well - miles better than Verizon roaming at least. Streaming video is usually a no go. 

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Pretty much right away.

Snake.... don't you think they won't do any network openings until the Merger is finalized and "closed"... meaning complete?   

I'm not thinking they will immediately open LTE or any of their network for Sprint for  just "announcing" a plan to merge...   Just my thoughts..  I'd love it if they did, but I'm not feeling it...

Edited by dro1984

3 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Realistically, I'm curious about how soon after a merger is announced will we see them make it where TMO LTE is native for Sprint and vice versa

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Pretty much right away.

Right after an announcement?  Not likely.  The FCC, FTC, and DOJ would have a field day.

Soon after a consent order?  Okay.

AJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiWavelength said:

Right after an announcement?  Not likely.  The FCC, FTC, and DOJ would have a field day.

Soon after a consent order?  Okay.

AJ

I thought that AT&T opened up their network soon after the announcement or their merger with T-Mobile. I could be wrong though... :). Maybe I am confusing it with the break up fee...

Edited by bigsnake49

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

Snake.... don't you think they won't do any network openings until the Merger is finalized and "closed"... meaning complete?   

I'm not thinking they will immediately open LTE or any of their network for Sprint for  just "announcing" a plan to merge...   Just my thoughts..  I'd love it if they did, but I'm not feeling it...

As soon as the merger is approved they will open up roaming on each other's networks.