Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm seeing a lot more GMO LTE upgrades happening.. has this become a priority for sprint? It sure is nice seeing some of the 3G footprint converted to LTE...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! GMO's have been getting LTE at a pretty good pace the last few months..

• Like 4

Our Sunday project found some (AT&T) band 2 pop up in our neck of the woods. Didn't even have it tuned yet.

This is from a GMO running bands 4/12 and now 2; must have been testing since H was here last week. Once I get signal set I will see if I can get bands 4/2 or 12/2 to aggregate, I have only seen 4/4 here, they have two blocks. 

This was also the first Sprint band 25 GMO in our area so hopefully it can be modernized somewhat from the ground as well with wider channels.

https://goo.gl/photos/mnte4AYiTp1HcHZy8

• Like 2

Our Sunday project found some (AT&T) band 2 pop up in our neck of the woods. Didn't even have it tuned yet.

This is from a GMO running bands 4/12 and now 2; must have been testing since H was here last week. Once I get signal set I will see if I can get bands 4/2 or 12/2 to aggregate, I have only seen 4/4 here, they have two blocks.

This was also the first Sprint band 25 GMO in our area so hopefully it can be modernized somewhat from the ground as well with wider channels.

https://goo.gl/photos/mnte4AYiTp1HcHZy8

Sorry to be off topic but what kind of cat is that in the picture?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry to be off topic but what kind of cat is that in the picture?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Looks to be a beautiful bangel. I got a female bangel and she's a handful haha.

• Like 1

Looks to be a beautiful bangel. I got a female bangel and she's a handful haha.

Susanna Hoffs?

AJ

Heads up we are here in Hopkinsville, Kentucky and though we roamed on AT&T and Bluegrass Cellular LTE on the way in, we have good Sprint native LTE coverage here on band 25. I'm including a screenshot that shows my phone connected to Sprint band 41 6th carrier (?) while sleeping after 3 a.m. last night. This was also in Hopkinsville. I think it might mean Bluegrass Cellular? I know there is no 6th Sprint band 41 carrier so maybe Mike or AJ could shed some light (see what I did there?) on what may truly be going on.

Screenshot_20170821-103130.png

• Like 1

Could be network preparations for the eclipse even though it's not listed specifically?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/17/here-is-where-cellular-carriers-are-increasing-coverage-for-the-solar-eclipse.html

"Sprint will add capacity to its existing towers, in addition to deploying temporary cell towers. The company also said it is adding its high-band spectrum to locations, which Sprint said is "good at moving large amounts of data traffic and supporting large crowds.""

"The company also said customers in remote locations can improve service by managing data usage, disabling app updates on their devices temporarily and using text messaging when in a crowded or congested location."

• Like 5

fyi, Android Oreo. I figured this even before Nougat was named :

Well you got your cookie, now eat it. Of course now Google needs to pay license fees to Nabisco for using the trademarked name

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well you got your cookie, now eat it. Of course now Google needs to pay license fees to Nabisco for using the trademarked name

I'm very happy about Google's decision to name this version of their Android OS "Oreo". I never liked the Nougat name, and have been looking forward to Android 8. Its a decision that may lead me to getting a Pixel XL2 over the LG V30.

While I'm patiently waiting on more information regarding the V30, if LG indeed is coming out with a "Plus" version of the V30 only for South Korea, if there are plenty more features for the Plus I can't get with the regular V30, that may make the decision for me.

btw, I love Oreo cookies, especially in Cookies n' Cream ice cream.

• Like 1

I know there is no 6th Sprint band 41 8 so maybe Mike or AJ could shed some light (see what I did there?) on what may truly be going on.

6th carrier is listed because begining gci 025 says b41 and 0F is where samsung 6th carrier should be.

I don't know the gci pattern (market)you are in now to tell if it's a bad gci.

Anyone else having problems with the My Sprint app on Android? It throws up errors everywhere in the app. Updated it and still errors.

Negative. Paid my bill today no issue, did weekly network complaint at home 2 days ago. Nexus 6p. Your connectivity is good?

I'm very happy about Google's decision to name this version of their Android OS "Oreo". I never liked the Nougat name, and have been looking forward to Android 8. Its a decision that may lead me to getting a Pixel XL2 over the LG V30.

While I'm patiently waiting on more information regarding the V30, if LG indeed is coming out with a "Plus" version of the V30 only for South Korea, if there are plenty more features for the Plus I can't get with the regular V30, that may make the decision for me.

btw, I love Oreo cookies, especially in Cookies n' Cream ice cream.

I assume in LG fashion the v30 will have O at launch.

That said the rumors point to....

Pixel 2 (standard) being an HTC with its “stupid” squeeze sides.

Pixel 2xl being an LG v30 redo.

I assume it’s more of a cross license deal.

• Like 1