Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

so add enough magic boxes in poor coverage areas and it will fix coverage issues...sounds like a step in the right direction.

I live in good to great coverage -- because I have two Sprint sites one half mile north and south, respectively, and receive band 41 at -110 dBm or band 25 at -95 dBm even inside my house.  However, one half mile east of my house, Sprint has a coverage challenged spot, where the perfect storm intersection of 3-4 cell edges leaves band 26 at -110 dBm or lower.  More recently, I noticed -95 dBm band 41 for a few blocks while driving through that same area.  I thought it possibly an anomaly, but I confirmed today that it is a Magic Box.

That is how Sprint should be and is using the Magic Box.  Not just to appease Joe Schmo, who has adequate signal outside but lives in a masonry Faraday cage.  Sprint should be and is placing Magic Boxes with users in strategic locations to improve coverage for everyone.

AJ

• Like 9

I live in good to great coverage -- because I have two Sprint sites one half mile north and south, respectively, and receive band 41 at -110 dBm or band 25 at -95 dBm inside my house.  However, one half mile east of my house, Sprint has a coverage challenged spot, where the perfect storm intersection of 3-4 cell edges leaves band 26 at -110 dBm or lower.  More recently, I noticed -95 dBm band 41 for a few blocks while driving through that same area.  I thought it possibly an anomaly, but I confirmed today that it is a Magic Box.

That is how Sprint should be and is using the Magic Box.  Not just to appease Joe Schmo, who has adequate signal outside but lives in a masonry Faraday cage.  Sprint should be and is placing Magic Boxes with users in strategic locations to improve coverage for everyone.

AJ

i m anxious to see what sprint does...they should do everything possible to improve service... i m all for an increase in monthly prices in order to improve its network...i have noticed serious improvements in speed at my condo..none the less i m on the third floor and with in a mile of a tower thats several hundred feet tall..it only has 2X CA but it gets 95 megabits down which is great...i hope to see continued improvements...

I live in good to great coverage -- because I have two Sprint sites one half mile north and south, respectively, and receive band 41 at -110 dBm or band 25 at -95 dBm even inside my house. However, one half mile east of my house, Sprint has a coverage challenged spot, where the perfect storm intersection of 3-4 cell edges leaves band 26 at -110 dBm or lower. More recently, I noticed -95 dBm band 41 for a few blocks while driving through that same area. I thought it possibly an anomaly, but I confirmed today that it is a Magic Box.

That is how Sprint should be and is using the Magic Box. Not just to appease Joe Schmo, who has adequate signal outside but lives in a masonry Faraday cage. Sprint should be and is placing Magic Boxes with users in strategic locations to improve coverage for everyone.

AJ

Maybe they get priority but they will be sendinf it out to those joe schmos too.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Maybe they get priority but they will be sendinf it out to those joe schmos too.

Nope, not all of them.  Sprint has rejected plenty of Magic Box requests.  And if a Magic Box would benefit only a single family residential address and not the surrounding area, Sprint should deny that request -- other Sprint provided or user provided solutions are available and more appropriate.  Additionally, Sprint needs to ensure that the Magic Box does not become an enabler for users to drop home broadband because, woo hoo, they now can use their "unlimited" data inside at home.  The Magic Box should not be "free candy."

AJ

• Like 4

The calling plus feature update for the galaxy s8&s8+ rolled out today . Any idea if the I phone 7 can make use of. This feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the s7 edge capable of using it?

Magic Box pre-order has closed:

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/magic-box.html?ECID=vanity:getmagicbox

"At this time we have closed our priority request form as we prepare for product launch. If you have already submitted your registration, but haven’t heard from us, you should be contacted soon!"

The Magic Box status page was also updated on August 11th: https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/magic-box/status.html

• Like 3

Sprint should intersperse Magic Boxes and their bigger brothers at apartment complexes, big box stores,  large businesses, etc where their coverage is less than optimal. They do pretty well out in the streets but not inside.  If there is a gap, stand mount femptocells work really well. If there should be something coming out of the talks with cable cos, it should be an agreement for discounted fiber prices and strand mounts in exchange for bandwidth.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

I've been seeing alot of Sprint ads online lately, which is good they are marketing online more, not being so focused on tv ads. Not that Sprint isn't doing tv ads or shouldn't be, but I think online ads are a better investment, despite many people having ad blockers. FYI, I use an ad blocker on my computer and I was using one back on my Android device when I had one. Unfortunately, the ad blocker I use isn't available on my Lumia nor on my tv internet, which is why I'm seeing these ads.

Anyways, these ads are for various Sprint deals, one of them being $20 monthly per line for five lines. While that is a great deal for those who want five lines, it would be nice if Sprint introduced a two line for $75 monthly deal, which might help win over T-Mobile subscribers who have the two for $100 deal, with or without the Hookup offer. It would also be competitive to T-Mobile's 55+ Program, which costs $80 monthly if HD streaming is added on both lines. Sprint not requiring the age limit, of course.

Not sure that sprint should make further statements which attribute network improvement to the box. Should they be doing it? Absolutely. Can a competitor twist or spin it against them? Perhaps. I never dreamed competitors would spin the network upgrade map against them, but they did. Let the box be strategic, keep it close to the chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Essential phone up on Sprint's site for pre order with official release date looking like August 28th.

They are doing 50% off with flex payments ($15 dollar a month credit so $15 a month instead of $30)

At that price it's definitely a device to look into..

• Like 6

Let me start by saying...Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong thread, but I wasn't able to find the correct thread...

The other day I while I was working with the Sprint Tech, to resolve the issues with my new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 properly connecting to the Sprint Network, the tech mentioned that I would be able to save about $50.00 per month by switching from the ED 1500 to the Unlimited Freedom plan. At the time spoke to the tech, I mentioned to the Tech that the new plan did sound good, but that wasn't sure I wanted to switch.

This morning I just got an email from Sprint informing me that I have already been switched to the new Unlimited Freedom Plan.

So my question is, should I just accept the plan change or should I fight with Sprint to get my ED 1500 plan restored ?

Any guidance or assistance you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1