Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

maybe i dont understand the situation but wouldnt they just subtract any and all bills from the credit balance and keep doing so until there is no longer a credit balance left on the account?

That’s what I had thought, but apparently Sprint (and maybe the other carriers, I don’t have any experience with them) doesn’t do that. They only subtract the price of your plan, and you have to pay separately for the equipment.

We had the same issue back when easy pay was relatively new and my father would make large payments to our Sprint account so that he didn’t have to log on and pay for a couple months. And then he gets an email that says that our account might be terminated if we don’t pay off the amount due, even though there was several hundred dollars worth of credit on the account.

-Anthony

That sounds very bass-ackwards. Why not just request a credit balance refund for the amount on your account?

I’m not exactly sure we can, considering the credits were supposed to be applied monthly as deductions, similar to how your base Framily rate gets deducted 5 dollars for every extra person you have on your Framily plan. Technically it’s not our money because it was something Sprint offered as a promotion, and not as cash.

-Anthony

New Sprint Ad:

Considering that there network is more put together and the amount of customers they have, the network is holding up pretty fine.

Since this will be a full quarter of them having unlimited, it's gong to to be interesting to see their numbers as well as Sprints given that they are giving people a year of free service. Honestly I'm expecting big numbers from Sprint. If it's still the same amount or lower then this free year promo was a bust and will show that even when giving it out for free people still refuse to be bothered with Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here comes the buffett...

I wonder if the Comcast /charter talks aren't proving to be as promising as hoped

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2017/07/14/john-malone-warren-buffett-sprints-son-are.amp.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well there is still a Charter connection via Malone in these talks.

Robert

• Like 1

I’m not exactly sure we can, considering the credits were supposed to be applied monthly as deductions, similar to how your base Framily rate gets deducted 5 dollars for every extra person you have on your Framily plan. Technically it’s not our money because it was something Sprint offered as a promotion, and not as cash.

-Anthony

never know until you try.  i would start with chat support asking for a credit of the negative balance to zero out your account and then move up from there and eventually use marcis support email address to get it done.

Warren buffet is a great idea, I don't think charter/Comcast is dead. Maybe buffet gets part ownership for 5 billion... then with charter/Comcast contributing to a "partnership" sky is the limit! They can still buy tmo!

• Like 1

If it's still the same amount or lower then this free year promo was a bust and will show that even when giving it out for free people still refuse to be bothered with Sprint.

I don't know if I agree with this. The free year of service thing wasn't widely advertised at all. It mostly spread through word of mouth, people who came across it on the Sprint site, and certain tech circles online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know if I agree with this. The free year of service thing wasn't widely advertised at all. It mostly spread through word of mouth, people who came across it on the Sprint site, and certain tech circles online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is quite true. Besides, those that "can't be bothered " with Sprint or whatever are largely only saying that because those around them are saying that, barring any empirical evidence whatsoever. You know, basic people who tend to follow and not lead. And they certainly don't conduct their own research nor - GASP - conduct their own tests!

Warren buffet is a great idea, I don't think charter/Comcast is dead. Maybe buffet gets part ownership for 5 billion... then with charter/Comcast contributing to a "partnership" sky is the limit! They can still buy tmo!

Supposedly Buffett wants to invest up to $10B.

Edited by bigsnake49

Well there is still a Charter connection via Malone in these talks.

Robert

Yeah Malone owns Liberty Media who owns a substantial chunk of Charter.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Reuters reported upto $20B.

Sprint only has a market cap of 30 billion. I think an imvestment of two thirds the value of the company would be a hell of a bet. Hard to see why anyone would do that.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Sprint only has a market cap of 30 billion. I think an imvestment of two thirds the value of the company would be a hell of a bet. Hard to see why anyone would do that.

Market cap vs what the company is "actually" worth is quite different, at this point in time, its hard to gauge what Sprint with its over 200Mhz of spectrum (and sizable dept) is truly worth.

Its probably not just a stock deal if it turned out to be on the high side of the reported investment. 

• Like 1

Market cap vs what the company is "actually" worth is quite different, at this point in time, its hard to gauge what Sprint with its over 200Mhz of spectrum (and sizable dept) is truly worth.

Its probably not just a stock deal if it turned out to be on the high side of the reported investment.

It can't be a loan. Sprint's balance sheet is already messed up. Market caps is what the market believes the company to be valued at. If you think it is under valued by 20 billion you should invest.

I kinda did already...

Bought at just under 4 bucks a share... *cough* *cough*

Would you buy it at 8.5? That is the question. I bought it at around 2 back in NV 1.0 days, it was definitely undervalued then.

Would you buy it at 8.5? That is the question. I bought it at around 2 back in NV 1.0 days, it was definitely undervalued then.

In my opinion its worth that and some, it's hard to argue with what Sprint potentially can end up being, the foundation is mostly in place and we all know here what's truly possible. Let's just hope Sprint finds the funds to build on it's solid foundation.

In my opinion its worth that and some, it's hard to argue with what Sprint potentially can end up being, the foundation is mostly in place and we all know here what's truly possible. Let's just hope Sprint finds the funds to build on it's solid foundation.

If buffet puts that kind of money into sprint he would be agreeing with you.

If buffet puts that kind of money into sprint he would be agreeing with you.

I'm definitely an optimist, so I'm hoping for whatever results in Sprint's potential and vision finally taking a hold.
  • Like 1

It can't be a loan. Sprint's balance sheet is already messed up. Market caps is what the market believes the company to be valued at. If you think it is under valued by 20 billion you should invest.

If Buffett buys Sprint stock it will probably be from the 80% that Softbank owns. It will not be new stock so there will not be a dilution.

Edited by bigsnake49

If Buffett buys Sprint stock it will probably be from the 80% that Softbank owns. It will not be new stock so there will not be a dilution.

Would that get Softbank around the covenants with the Japanese banks? Because if it wouldn't then Softbank cant invest that money into sprint.

Would that get Softbank around the covenants with the Japanese banks? Because if it wouldn't then Softbank cant invest that money into sprint.

Yep.