Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If that's NoVA where Trip's profile says he is then Verizon fiber is a plenty over there. I'm sure they just ran a strand of fiber from the nearest terminal to the building for it. 

I did link to the City of Alexandria building permit site. ;)

- Trip

• Like 1

I just noticed that HD is not appearing when I call Sprint phones. Like when I talk to gf it would show HD now it doesn't. Her phone is the S7.

What do I check?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Did you or the other party turn on wifi calling?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

checked both and they are off.

You have to disable it on the Sprint webportal, disabling it device level is not enough. It's a limitation with Sprint not the device itself.
  • Like 1

You have to disable it on the Sprint webportal, disabling it device level is not enough. It's a limitation with Sprint not the device itself.

Argh. It was working few days back. It's always something....

I'll check that later.

Where were you? Tukee is my part of the woods. :)

That was in Chandler mall. It is the first sign of a mini macro I have seen in the valley. Speeds were above 60 mbs.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Oh. Yeah, Chandler mall had them for a while now. Inside the mall is covered solid.

That was in Chandler mall. It is the first sign of a mini macro I have seen in the valley. Speeds were above 60 mbs.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Who wants to post a comment and set Ms. Reardon straight on speed caps versus usage caps, e.g. gaming and music "mbps of usage"?

https://www.cnet.com/news/single-again-whats-the-best-unlimited-wireless-plan-for-me/

AJ

• Like 2

Who wants to post a comment and set Ms. Reardon straight on speed caps versus usage caps, e.g. gaming and music "mbps of usage"?

https://www.cnet.com/news/single-again-whats-the-best-unlimited-wireless-plan-for-me/

AJ

CNET has become worse than Consumer Reports in many ways. They both are very dumbed down regarding technology and are there for those uneducated consumers who don't really want to take the time to properly learn about their purchases. So I'm not too surprised by this article being written as it is.

Here is an article explaining the different plans from the various carriers :

http://www.businessinsider.com/unlimited-plans-comparison-verizon-att-sprint-tmobile-2017-7/#att-8

Lately with the discussion on S4GRU regarding data abuse has me rethinking my very long time support of speed capped plans. I'm now more supportive of scrapping unlimited data in favor of low per gb rates after an initial set bucket of data, similarly to what I preferred prior to speed caps that I no longer believe really can be successful or even appropriate for anything, except perhaps as an overage option.

If a non-unlimited plan or promotion were to happen, I would love to see one without carryover data, just a monthly allotment - in order to keep the per gb data rates less expensive. :

Taxes included. 30gb monthly full-speed data allotment with HD a/v streaming and tethering included for $55 monthly per line with autopay, $60 monthly per line without autopay. Instead of deprioritization, there would be options to add additional data for $1 per gb for full-speed data, or unlimited data for the remainder of the month speedcapped at 3mbps for $15 monthly per line.

• Like 1

Its been so long that I had to think about this up here, but are sites that are recently band 25 enabled (GMOs) broadcasting at full power from the get go or do they still need to go back and optimize power levels so they leave them running at 80% or less of full power level?

Fwiw, the one GMO site most important to me went to broadcasting band 25 this past friday...my life is complete.  Drove up to the site to see if I could catch them working but there was no one around.  Interesting that in todays site update there was only a few new complete sites in maine as I know there is much much more with LTE complete these days. 

• Like 2

Its been so long that I had to think about this up here, but are sites that are recently band 25 enabled (GMOs) broadcasting at full power from the get go or do they still need to go back and optimize power levels so they leave them running at 80% or less of full power level?

Fwiw, the one GMO site most important to me went to broadcasting band 25 this past friday...my life is complete. Drove up to the site to see if I could catch them working but there was no one around. Interesting that in todays site update there was only a few new complete sites in maine as I know there is much much more with LTE complete these days.

Source info is often incomplete and inconsistent anymore. If there are sites you are certain are broadcasting in your area, you can message them to me and I can include them. Thanks! :)

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Cool I have a lot sites to report in delaware, what info do you need.

Responded via message.

Robert