Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I've been on the 6 month trial for Tidal that was pushed out back in February and let me tell you something. HiFi uses hella data. But the sound quality is awesome. Thank goodness for unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I've seen that photo before. Those are fake and are put there to discourage birds from landing on the tower. Snakes don't climb towers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not Sprint related, but look what was found on top of a T-Mobile tower. As if being a tower climber wasn't dangerous enough.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

I've had it with these mothafuckin' snakes, on this mothafuckin' cell tower! ????

• Like 11

FYI, for people like me who had stuck with version 1.2.3 of Network Signal Guru, I'm now getting a message that it's outdated and requires an update.  Looks like the end of the line.

- Trip

• Like 1

FYI, for people like me who had stuck with version 1.2.3 of Network Signal Guru, I'm now getting a message that it's outdated and requires an update. Looks like the end of the line.

- Trip

Me too. But I upgraded, and it's working for me on my Nexus 6. All screens. Including the Band selection. No extortion requests, so far. I haven't upgraded on any of my other devices, yet. It's only on N6 that I was getting the outdated message.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Me too. But I upgraded, and it's working for me on my Nexus 6. All screens. Including the Band selection. No extortion requests, so far. I haven't upgraded on any of my other devices, yet. It's only on N6 that I was getting the outdated message.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

So it does.  I didn't realize they'd backed down.

- Trip

• Like 1

So it does. I didn't realize they'd backed down.

- Trip

However, I just upgraded manually on my Nexus 6P via Play and it is asking me to purchase a month at $48.99. So wait for it to prompt you to upgrade in the app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

However, I just upgraded manually on my Nexus 6P via Play and it is asking me to purchase a month at $48.99. So wait for it to prompt you to upgrade in the app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It may only prompt on some devices that it deems new enough? I use it for band locking just fine on my Kyocera Hydro Icon (logging device).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I haven't seen this story posted here yet, so I figured to do so with some brief commentary of my own afterwards :

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article155312894.html

The story is about Sprint buying out the other half of a retail store business partnership they've had for a few years with Dixons Carphone. Of course I don't know all the details about this, nor do I pretend to, but from what I've read, this seems like a great move by Sprint.

While I'm not a fan of wireless carrier retail, I think its good for Sprint to take full ownership control of these stores, while still working with such partners. I was wondering what others here on S4GRU think about the idea of Sprint possibly stop selling devices directly, but have partners selling devices through Sprint retail stores as means for Sprint not taking losses on devices they can put through on funding the network?

I dont know if anyone has posted about it, but Sprint's coverage map is displaying a massive expansion in pseudo native coverage in the south west and Nevada.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Commnet

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dont know if anyone has posted about it, but Sprint's coverage map is displaying a massive expansion in pseudo native coverage in the south west and Nevada.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7721-coverage-map-update-6917/&do=findComment&comment=509318

From USA TODAY

Sprint to be exclusive carrier of 'Essential' phone

https://usat.ly/2taGi7y

NEW YORK—The Essential phone that is the brainchild of Android co-founder Andy Rubin now has an exclusive U.S. carrier — Sprint.Why Sprint?“We like to bet with where we think the market is going as opposed to where the market was,” Essential President Niccolo de Masi told USA TODAY. “I feel like we are a new brand and a new consumer electronics company and we are partnering with the network of the future.”Sprint has been making progress in advancing its network but it still trails Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile in subscribers.De Masi points as well to the friendship Rubin has with SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son. SoftBank owns 83% of Sprint and Rubin is an advisor to the SoftBank Vision Fund.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 10

From USA TODAY

Sprint to be exclusive carrier of 'Essential' phone

https://usat.ly/2taGi7y

NEW YORK—The Essential phone that is the brainchild of Android co-founder Andy Rubin now has an exclusive U.S. carrier — Sprint.Why Sprint?“We like to bet with where we think the market is going as opposed to where the market was,” Essential President Niccolo de Masi told USA TODAY. “I feel like we are a new brand and a new consumer electronics company and we are partnering with the network of the future.”Sprint has been making progress in advancing its network but it still trails Verizon Wireless, AT&T and T-Mobile in subscribers.De Masi points as well to the friendship Rubin has with SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son. SoftBank owns 83% of Sprint and Rubin is an advisor to the SoftBank Vision Fund.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hmm...that is a interesting comment he made. Interesting yet honest. Could he be signaling at something with Sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not sure if others here have seen it, but Sprint has a new "Status Page" with FAQ's for the Magic Box:

https://www.sprint.com/content/Sprint/sprint_com/us/en/shop/services/magic-box/status.html

This page is accessible via a link at the top of the Magic Box "Info Page":

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/magic-box.html

• Like 5