Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I thought it was Florsheim. Not all of them come to Florsheim. Because Florsheim makes shoes for old men.

11002-01.jpg

AJ

Give me a five dollar bill

And an overcoat too

A five dollar bill and an overcoat too

A five dollar bill and a Florsheim shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Give me a five dollar bill

And an overcoat too

A five dollar bill and an overcoat too

A five dollar bill and a Florsheim shoe.

As soon as I saw overcoat my mind went straight to this scene.

c7f6f3847c5f311a43308f5741dc32b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can honestly say I've never had my a****** l***** by a fat man in an overcoat. But as they say, "don't knock it 'til you've tried it"...

• Like 1

Maybe sprint talking itself up to promote a sale? Making things "sound good"? I definitely think Masa wants a global superpower and US won't let him get it. I am sure he wants dish and Tmo/sprint to eventually make SoftBank a global wireless powerhouse. That said I don't think he has much patience nowadays. Sprint isn't flipping fast enough, I believe he really thought sprint would bought Tmo by now and would be flourishing. He wasn't ready for American politics or thought he was bigger either way he wasn't ready for what he got.

I don't see a merger happening. The FCC would likely block it as Chief Eunuch Ajit Pai is just on loan to the guberment from Verizon and I cant see Verizon wanting a tmo sprint tie up. He has his eye on a cherry job with Vzw after he finishes his time as an instrument of evil so will be remembering who bought him his current job and what he stands to earn after he goes back to the industry.

• Like 1

I don't see a merger happening. The FCC would likely block it as Chief Eunuch Ajit Pai is just on loan to the guberment from Verizon and I cant see Verizon wanting a tmo sprint tie up. He has his eye on a cherry job with Vzw after he finishes his time as an instrument of evil so will be remembering who bought him his current job and what he stands to earn after he goes back to the industry.

Wouldn't a merger benefit att/vzw as well? With only 3 sprint can raise prices build out the network. Vzw wouldn't have to play with these cheaper brands anymore as all 3 will be somewhere close to the same.

Sounds like they make a huge difference.

Sprint should just drive around in a truck and hand these out like Thanksgiving turkeys at locations where major coverage issues have been reported in My Sprint.

• Like 5

You can bet Dish is speaking to both. They need the infrastructure to deploy their spectrum and are probably trying to diversify their portfolio now that cable TV is dying.

I also wouldn't rule out foreign investors.

The cable TV business is in trouble—in fact, it is "failing" as a business due to rising programming costs and consumers switching from traditional TV subscriptions to online video streaming, according to a cable lobbyist group.

"As a business, it is failing," said Matthew Polka, CEO of the American Cable Association (ACA). "It is very, very difficult for a cable operator in many cases to even break even on the cable side of the business, which is why broadband is so important, giving consumers more of a choice that we can't give them on cable [TV]."

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/06/cable-tv-failing-as-a-business-cable-industry-lobbyist-says/

So they are talking to cable cos and of course Dish. Don't be surprised if let's say a cable co or two acquire both Dish and either T-Mobile or Sprint. Or if T-Mobile and Sprint merge then don't be surprised if the cable cos acquire Dish if only for the spectrum.

Did you read the entire post at the link? The reference is toward the very end.

Are you referring to: "mfg go"  What does that mean?  Manufacturing is a go... as in make millions of these and get them shipped now?

Edit: nevermind, I see he put the following: (“mit freundlichen grüssen” which means “with kind regards”)

Yeah. They had to explain it immediately afterward likely due to prevalent common shorthand and how many Americans might initially interpret it. At least that is how I took it. Why else go into such explanation?

As an aside, I registered for the magic box in the first days of availability and only just got approved last week. The voicemail they gave me indicated a lead time of some eight weeks. Once I get it I will definitely post my experience with the device here.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-new-jobs-and-stores-to-connecticut-massachusetts-new-hampshire-rhode-island-and-upstate-new-york-over-the-next-18-months.htm

Nice to see Sprint making investments in the New England Area, but I don't understand the need for additional store locations.

Good progress on the network though.

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-bring-new-jobs-and-stores-to-connecticut-massachusetts-new-hampshire-rhode-island-and-upstate-new-york-over-the-next-18-months.htm

Nice to see Sprint making investments in the New England Area, but I don't understand the need for additional store locations.

The network investments definitely sound good!

I have a question though regarding VoLTE. As many here probably know, I've always liked Sprint's VQ over CDMA, having been impressed by it over the few times I had Sprint, which to me was a noticeable improvement versus T-Mobile's GSM VQ. While I'm not comparing, or even sure of the differences with VoLTE, as I don't believe I've used VoLTE or HDVoice as of yet other than noticing an improvement when I've used Skype, I'm curious about the different codeca being used for VoLTE.

I've read people here mention Sprint using AMR WB, which I'm wondering what the other carriers are using, and how they compare in quality. I still haven't switched from T-Mobile yet, though I have a preorder out for the HTC U11 for using in switching to Verizon. The HTC U11 doesn't have a CDMA radio, so it will be using VoLTE on Verizon. I'm interested in knowing how the quality will be if Verizon is using a different codec for VoLTE than Sprint will be, and how they compare, in the case I decide to go with Sprint instead.

Also, to further show I probably am the worst around here to make up my mind over stuff, there is a chance I may end up staying with T-Mobile, because of my possibly getting the Sony Z9D television, in which I'll want to get the Sony Xperia XZ Premium being released in a few weeks, that'll only work over GSM. At least I know I'm not going back to AT&T.

They should finish LTE deployment in MA/CT/RI/NH before opening more stores...

3xCA is not live in Boston yet. Their density is also paper-thin... especially when you compare them to Magenta.

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 3

This is a 18 month plan. Not really an expansion any time soon. 

They should finish LTE deployment in MA/CT/RI/NH before opening more stores...

3xCA is not live in Boston yet. Their density is also paper-thin... especially when you compare them to Magenta.

I agree. I haven't seen anyone here defend Sprint adding more retail stores right now, and I think that is quite telling, aside from the obvious aspect of us being advocates for network development.

Which leads me to a question I have for a poll I might create, once I think of how to arrange it best.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/872657940762824706

Tidal info incoming tomorrow.

-ugh nevermind. He deleted it :/

Link not working (page does not exist). What did it say?

Just said exciting info on Tidal for Sprint subscribers coming tomorrow.

I guess he reposted. It looks like a movie Sprint users are able to gain access too. I hope there's more news than that. Discounted subscription rates would be nice

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/872659289642545152