Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint 8T8R equipment has been deployed on sites that didn't have the Clear equipment to begin with, so 3xCA is intermixed with 2xCA. As long as the Clear equipment meets the needs of the area, it will stay. When it can no longer hold up, they have a couple options to use multiple mini-macros or a full upgrade to 8T8R if that is what they determine is needed.

How many sites didn't have Clear equipment?

Is the pace of 8T8R equipment upgrades rate limited by Funds or Equipment Availability?

How is sales tax handled?

For Leases it's broken up over months.

For Monthly Installments it's paid upfront.

i dug through the info more and when you buy the phone it's a lease so the tax is monthly on the bill. At the end of the lease is when you have the option to sign an EIB for the remainder of the phone. It does not say how tax is collected at that point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint is trialing a leasing program in 6 markets (some of them are pretty large markets) currently. How is works is everyone phone is sold on Sprint Flex which is an 18 month lease with the option to make 6 additional payments to own the phones full price. it's just like the current lease but instead of making a one time bulk payment you get the option of breaking it up. basically it stream lines the sales process and no long requires the customer to decide upfront if they want eib or lease because now they will be one in the same and you make your decision at the end. Either give the phone back or make a few more paymentsand own it. Another benefit is no sales tax upfront like currently needed on eib.

I like the idea of combining the lease and ownership installment payment options together, but I don't like the 18-month deal part of it. I'd rather there be a higher monthly fee based on a 12-month payment schedule, offer the option after 12-months, then extend it beyond that for those who want to continue making payments for ownership.

If done this way, people who choose to get a flagship device at launch, can do so, then 12 months later when the new model gets released, they can end the lease right then. I'm very much supportive of an idea I've had for awhile around the $45 monthly price point. I'd very much like to see Sprint or any carrier introduce a plan where if a customer enters in a 12-month deal for a flagship device at a $45 monthly cost, they can get an unlimited plan for $45 monthly, and package it as an under $100 monthly deal.

I like the idea of combining the lease and ownership installment payment options together, but I don't like the 18-month deal part of it. I'd rather there be a higher monthly fee based on a 12-month payment schedule, offer the option after 12-months, then extend it beyond that for those who want to continue making payments for ownership.

If done this way, people who choose to get a flagship device at launch, can do so, then 12 months later when the new model gets released, they can end the lease right then. I'm very much supportive of an idea I've had for awhile around the $45 price point. I'd very much like to see Sprint or any carrier introduce a plan where if a customer enters in a 12-month deal for a flagship device at a $45 monthly cost, they can get an unlimited plan for $45 monthly, and package it as an under $100 monthly deal.

galaxy s8/8+ and IPhone 7/7+ still get the yearly upgrade for no extra cost in the flex markets. Every other phone you can add yearly upgrade for $5 a month

• Like 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/6d561u/volte_trials/

Apparently VOLTE is going into trial??

Mhm.

Calling+ = volte. Will be available initially on a few select Android devices with further devices enabled later.

Will hard drop to 1x but smooth to wifi calling both ways.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 5

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/6d561u/volte_trials/

Apparently VOLTE is going into trial??

yes it's being called Calling Plus. it's launching on the j7 and stylo 3 initially. They are using the Wi-Fi calling software/app to make it work and will allow a seamless transition from a Wi-Fi call to a VOLTE call. I was shocked when they announced it yesterday.

• Like 2

Any statistics on handoff rates to 1x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will drop a call. There is no Handoff.

i dug through the info more and when you buy the phone it's a lease so the tax is monthly on the bill. At the end of the lease is when you have the option to sign an EIB for the remainder of the phone. It does not say how tax is collected at that point.

Thanks for the info on that. I'm guessing it's paid all at once for Installments at that point?

Honored to be nominated for @Softbank Board of Directors to help lead the next phase of the tech revolution @MASASON bit.ly/2riDB7kfd3ae434d2ff8d119aaa8d3582ef9b5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

yes it's being called Calling Plus. it's launching on the j7 and stylo 3 initially. They are using the Wi-Fi calling software/app to make it work and will allow a seamless transition from a Wi-Fi call to a VOLTE call. I was shocked when they announced it yesterday.

This doesn't sound right.

Did they not implement SIB13 to allow for a smooth handoff to 1x even part of the time?

There is no such thing as "smooth handoff to 1x" as Sprint has discovered. There will be 0 fallback just like Verizon.  

Honored to be nominated for @Softbank Board of Directors to help lead the next phase of the tech revolution @MASASON bit.ly/2riDB7k

You have been nominated to the SoftBank board of directors?

giphy.gif

AJ

• Like 1

Mhm.

Calling+ = volte. Will be available initially on a few select Android devices with further devices enabled later.

Will hard drop to 1x but smooth to wifi calling both ways.

VoLTE is supported on iPhone 6 and later: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078

We'll see how far back Sprint goes for enabling it on iPhones.

• Like 1

Sprint 8T8R equipment has been deployed on sites that didn't have the Clear equipment to begin with, so 3xCA is intermixed with 2xCA. As long as the Clear equipment meets the needs of the area, it will stay. When it can no longer hold up, they have a couple options to use multiple mini-macros or a full upgrade to 8T8R if that is what they determine is needed.

I would rather see Sprint worry about sites with No B41 then clearwire sites. The clear sites I've connected to preform just fine.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

VoLTE is supported on iPhone 6 and later: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078

We'll see how far back Sprint goes for enabling it on iPhones.

They better enable it. Their are incorrect claims online that iPhone 7 and the Samsung S8 don't support VoLTE.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk