Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

As for Slidell, I can't say. I hope to see B41 for the first time ever when we are in Slidell. We will be at the Wingate on Gauze...so I should be in a perfect spot to get B41..

The only B41 site in Slidell is the one southeast of I-10 and Old Spanish Trail which was confirmed in February 2015.

I have heard rumor of B41 in/around Huntsville...but I personally haven't been there to see it.

In Birmingham/Hoover/Inverness, I have seen a 2nd B25 carrier according to SCP...

And I know for a fact in McComb, MS, LTE on C-Spire is treated as native LTE on Sprint. I had it last year when I was there in ~August or so. I actually used my phone as a hotspot with C-spire LTE...but it was showing native.

As for Slidell, I can't say. I hope to see B41 for the first time ever when we are in Slidell. We will be at the Wingate on Gauze...so I should be in a perfect spot to get B41..

Last time I was in Slidell, the speeds were great.

Locally, Sprint is overselling it's network faster than the upgrades can provide service. When I first saw LTE in my little town, the speeds were around 30mbps down, 12mbps up...

Now, 3 years later, the speeds hover around 6-7mbps down, and 2-3mbps up..

So the service has definitely expanded ...but backhaul and 2nd carrier aren't ..yet.

Still hoping to see 10x10 in central AL soon...

I will be driving through your neck of the woods Wednesday night to have an extended Memorial weekend at Lake Martin. I have not been since October.  Sprint at that time had no coverage on the south end of the lake.  Hopefully with  the new agreements Sprint has in place, there will be some coverage that is not Extended 1X. 

We do have wifi through Troy Cable, which is antiquated (best speed to purchase is 20dn/2up), but with the amount of people that will be there over the weekend, the speeds will slow tremendously to the point of not being able to stream any programs. :(

I believe you would find b41 in Auburn but it has been six months since I have been there.

Auburn is in a different market but they do have B41 there. Well Opelika to be more specific to where I connected to it.

B41 in AL I believe will be hard to spot because SCP most likely will only show "Sprint" due to them being Nokia mini macro.

Also for those asking for a ban or have post removed just add them to your ignore list under your name on the top right. I haven't seen anything bad just long winded and off topic a lot of times.

• Like 1

Seriously.

Not to mention, the use of his "condition" as an excuse to rant on this site. It is quite annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to restart this debate, especially as everyone who can fairly view the post history of this thread can tell that after the initial discussion of my health/medications, etc., can tell I made several attempts to get back on topic about Sprint by posting about their open source initiatives, and then later about Sprint's lawsuit against the FCC, for which utiz and JW responded to, and I replied back, all on topic, all respectfully and completely within the rules of this site.

To quickly reiterate, I never mentioned my health as a rant, as an excuse, or anything I'm being accused of for mentioning it. As I've said before in answering this issue, I only brought up my health during the discussion over the smoking issue as it related to the John Legere drunk comments made about Marcelo, and the validity of the possibility and whether that was worse than smoking as it relates to athletics. While the issue was loosely on-topic, it still was, considering it had to do with these figures in wireless.

FYI, and hopefully this will be the end of it, what I'm on does not interfere in my posting, and I'm just one in millions of pain patients perfectly cable of being on a forum. I'm also sorry to hear you weren't treated for pain exactly as you may have wanted, JohnathanM, but what matters now is that you are doing well with whatever it is, and if you've managed without it, that is great. I don't wish any ill will on anyone here, and I am not the vicious poster it seems some try to make me sound as.

Anyways, hopefully that clears things up. I'm only writing this to address what I've read in response to my previous post. Again, not bringing these topics up for re-discussion. Regarding Sprint, hopefully their lawsuit doesn't cause any issue for the potential merger, but this is an administration that has made some odd comments and really I wouldn't doubt there not being some hostility in the minds of the FCC for this. Although, hopefully I'm wrong about that.

<snip>

FYI, and hopefully this will be the end of it, what I'm on does not interfere in my posting, and I'm just one in millions of pain patients perfectly cable of being on a forum. I'm also sorry to hear you weren't treated for pain exactly as you may have wanted, JohnathanM, but what matters now is that you are doing well with whatever it is, and if you've managed without it, that is great. I don't wish any ill will on anyone here, and I am not the vicious poster it seems some try to make me sound as.

<snip>

Nobody thinks you're vicious, you just can't make a point in a reasonable amount of words, or stay on topic. I like reading some of your ideas, but I have to say I groan when I see your name because I have to wonder if I'm going to spend 10 seconds or 5 minutes reading. Most of the time I scroll past, and I'm sure miss out on good content.

• Like 2

Nobody thinks you're vicious, you just can't make a point in a reasonable amount of words, or stay on topic. I like reading some of your ideas, but I have to say I groan when I see your name because I have to wonder if I'm going to spend 10 seconds or 5 minutes reading. Most of the time I scroll past, and I'm sure miss out on good content.

That is a fair assessment. I've really tried lately to shorten my posts, and I know some still do turn out longer. I'm not using a desktop mode any longer, which was really a problem for me not seeing how long those older posts were appearing in mobile form, so I'm using the mobile version now, and try to limit it to a few paragraphs at most. Although, I'm not sure how they appear on Tapatalk or other specialty web viewers.

Here is something regarding Sprint small cells that is worth reading :

https://www.wirelessweek.com/blog/2017/05/they-paid-how-much-sprint-shares-insights-fees-small-cell-siting-debate

I still would prefer macro site development in densification, as I've discussed with others here. Deployment of the band 41 spectrum being what I still think ought to be a priority.

Verizon and AT&T are about to be taken over coverage wise by sprint by end of 2018.

Hmm. It's possible but we've all been saying that for quite some time. Let's just see how all of this play out.

We still don't know if Sprint and T-Mobile will merge and if the Sprint brand will continue

• Like 3

Verizon and AT&T are about to be taken over coverage wise by sprint by end of 2018.

We've been here this for far too long. If it was true, why is Sprint roaming on Verizon and now AT&T in many areas?

We've been here this for far too long. If it was true, why is Sprint roaming on Verizon and now AT&T in many areas?

Because they did not have their act together, now they are leveraging their whole spectrum.

Look, let's be honest.  Sprint has made absolutely no promise to expand coverage to match either of the big 2's coverage footprints, nor should that even necessarily be their goal.  Why is it so important to some of you that Sprint match that footprint?  The ROI per square mile diminshes GREATLY as a function of population density.  Hence there really isn't much incentive for Sprint to expand (as they already cover super dense [urban cores of huge cities], moderately dense [most other urban areas], and even the slightly dense [think suburbs and some exurbs] population centers).  Why stop there?  Because THE MONEY STOPS THERE.

So why even insist on Sprint matching either of Verizon's or ATT's footprints?  It may simply just not be their goal.  And ya know what?  I'm perfectly fine with that.  So should be the vast majority of you.

...unless you live in a corn field.  In that case, go to Verizon!

• Like 4

Look, let's be honest. Sprint has made absolutely no promise to expand coverage to match either of the big 2's coverage footprints, nor should that even necessarily be their goal. Why is it so important to some of you that Sprint match that footprint? The ROI per square mile diminshes GREATLY as a function of population density. Hence there really isn't much incentive for Sprint to expand (as they already cover super dense [urban cores of huge cities], moderately dense [most other urban areas], and even the slightly dense [think suburbs and some exurbs] population centers). Why stop there? Because THE MONEY STOPS THERE.

So why even insist on Sprint matching either of Verizon's or ATT's footprints? It may simply just not be their goal. And ya know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. So should be the vast majority of you.

...unless you live in a corn field. In that case, go to Verizon!

Then sprint eitber needs to be the fastest carrier (something sprint has promised and failed to deliver on), become the bottom basement carrier (I don't think their cost structure will allow it) or need to merge with t-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Look, let's be honest. Sprint has made absolutely no promise to expand coverage to match either of the big 2's coverage footprints, nor should that even necessarily be their goal. Why is it so important to some of you that Sprint match that footprint? The ROI per square mile diminshes GREATLY as a function of population density. Hence there really isn't much incentive for Sprint to expand (as they already cover super dense [urban cores of huge cities], moderately dense [most other urban areas], and even the slightly dense [think suburbs and some exurbs] population centers). Why stop there? Because THE MONEY STOPS THERE.

So why even insist on Sprint matching either of Verizon's or ATT's footprints? It may simply just not be their goal. And ya know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. So should be the vast majority of you.

...unless you live in a corn field. In that case, go to Verizon!

I agree. The problem with Sprint is that they are not even consistent in urban areas with speed and coverage. If they would just be competitive on the coverage and speed front in urban areas, i will be happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@JonnygATL

Your entire post is a mess.

Yeah, Sprint should totally stay put and not expand. [emoji23]

• Like 2

I agree. The problem with Sprint is that they are not even consistent in urban areas with speed and coverage. If they would just be competitive on the coverage and speed front in urban areas, i will be happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a CapEx issue. Maybe Magic Boxes will help some?

• Like 1

Lets hope Sprint gets band 41 up on the sites with the LTE work they're doing.

Hopefully this is moving along.

3CA needs to be pushed to all markets it can be.

I recall there being deployment "delays" due to certain equipment in certain markets.

• Like 1

A MB is a high powered indoor femto that can reach a bit outdoors.

It will do nothing for service gaps which needs substantially higher power small cells or macro cells to cover.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Magic Boxes are fine, but still hoping Sprint goes for the macro sites.

Regarding the issue of whether Sprint should expand the network for more coverage area versus densifying moderate and major markets, I side with those who want density over overall coverage. It is important for Sprint to get these more populated areas covered with more sites and get band41 up on most of them, along with at least 2xca, if not 3xca.

• Like 3