Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If bought from Sprint there is another color. I think it's silver

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does this phone Support upload CA?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Figures... So I'm outside taking out the garbage and miss the call from Sprint about the magic Box. But they left a voicemail and said that due to my location, I am not qualified to get the magic Box. But that they have other things that are available.

Oh well. 

I sent my information this morning requesting a magic box.  With the response you received, it makes me wonder if Sprint will approve.  I have two b41 towers within a mile (straight line) of my home but due to topography,  I am not able to connect to a b41 signal.

I live on the downslope of a hill, 8% grade at one point, with many large trees in the direction of one tower, then homes and large trees from another direction. I believe due to these circumstances, I am not able to receive a b41 signal inside my home.  Checking the signal strength inside this morning, I have -108 on b25 and (if the phone switches channels) -114 on b26. 

Data speeds and ping times are decent.  The last test I completed was connected to b25.  Ping was 48. download was 9.88 with upload at 0,87.

Just have to wait and see...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-support-next-generation-iot-devices-across-its-nationwide-network.htm

"SANTA CLARA, Calif. (BUSINESS WIRE), May 16, 2017 - Today at IoT World 2017, Sprint (NYSE: S) announced it will complete its deployment of LTE Cat 1 technology across its nationwide network by the end of July 2017. In addition, Sprint announced plans to begin deploying LTE Cat M in mid-2018 followed by LTE Cat NB1."

Also: "The company is the seventh largest provider of IoT devices in the world."

Had no idea!

• Like 3

It is not really much Spectrum.   11.5mhz compared to Sprints 120 mhz or so on 2.5.

Might not be worth anybody setting up to use that little bit of Spectrum.   Might even be directional, like all download direction.

It is not really much Spectrum.   11.5mhz compared to Sprints 120 mhz or so on 2.5.

Might not be worth anybody setting up to use that little bit of Spectrum.   Might even be directional, like all download direction.

Honestly, the Feds or someone like Google need to just purchase that and add it to WiFi.  Give us Channel 14 dang it!   2.4GHz could REALLY use it.  

I sent my information this morning requesting a magic box.  With the response you received, it makes me wonder if Sprint will approve.  I have two b41 towers within a mile (straight line) of my home but due to topography,  I am not able to connect to a b41 signal.

I live on the downslope of a hill, 8% grade at one point, with many large trees in the direction of one tower, then homes and large trees from another direction. I believe due to these circumstances, I am not able to receive a b41 signal inside my home.  Checking the signal strength inside this morning, I have -108 on b25 and (if the phone switches channels) -114 on b26. 

Data speeds and ping times are decent.  The last test I completed was connected to b25.  Ping was 48. download was 9.88 with upload at 0,87.

Just have to wait and see...

Poorly optimized B26, welcome to my world.

unbiased experience of magic box

Hmm... Based on all the times he reported in the video, the Magic Box didn't seem as impressive as I thought it would be. I figured this guy would sound more enthusiastic about it.

unbiased experience of magic box

"It was working a lot better -- their cell signal was working a lot better -- and they asked, you know, what did we do? And we said 'Well, do you see the clock we put in?'"  :hah:

• Like 1

Hmm... Based on all the times he reported in the video, the Magic Box didn't seem as impressive as I thought it would be. I figured this guy would sound more enthusiastic about it.

Well i dont want it to sound like its all fake enthusiasm. I hate it when its ober the top. So it should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well i dont want it to sound like its all fake enthusiasm. I hate it when its ober the top. So it should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I've got to say it.

II read the article posted about the Magic Box, showing the photo of Gunther explaining the usage of the Sprint Magic Box. In every video I've seen of him speaking, he sounds like one of the most genuine, honest people I've seen in any wireless carrier video, etc. One idea I thought of, is if Softbank buys T-Mobile for Sprint and Legere leaves and if Marcelo decides not to take the job, Gunther would make a great CEO, at least by appearance. I'm not sure if he's qualified in other ways or even if he's interested, but its a thought to have someone I think could help turn Sprint's pr image around as the nice CEO who really cares about the company and its customers.

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article150780282.html

Nice article about how magic box can help with concrete exterior walls.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Logistically, I think sprint will encounter more problems with buildings that do not have as many sprint customers.  There is really no incentives for building owners to have these on their windows.

Logistically, I think sprint will encounter more problems with buildings that do not have as many sprint customers.  There is really no incentives for building owners to have these on their windows.

You do know that anyone can get them, just sign up. If they deem you a good candidate, they will send you one free.
  • Like 1