Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It's about time! Hopefully they're firing up 26+25 CA

I don't believe that B25+B26 is planned. B26 is the last resort band, I don't think they want it tied up providing capacity to devices that have a decent B25 signal.

• Like 3

I don't believe that B25+B26 is planned. B26 is the last resort band, I don't think they want it tied up providing capacity to devices that have a decent B25 signal.

I understand that but I specifically said 26+25. Think about it, you're stuck on B26 but B25 still has enough range to use as DL, that means you can utilize that bandwidth and not overburden 26 as much. 

Also the network does not at all treat B26 as a "last resort" around here or in most parts of the country. They never did get optimization right in many places. 

We keep thinking about it as last resort band, but the other national carriers don't. At&t and T-Mobile have no issue whatsoever using Band 13 and Band 12, even if they are congested.

It definitely helps.

Some rumor the mysterious bidder for straight path is SoftBank. If that is true that It will be interesting. They did not spend anything at all on low band but willing to blow at least 3 billions for the microwave.

Some rumor the mysterious bidder for straight path is SoftBank. If that is true that It will be interesting. They did not spend anything at all on low band but willing to blow at least 3 billions for the microwave.

CNBC seems to think it's Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

make it so, Number One.

BahJ9.png

AJ

• Like 5

CNBC has learned that the new bid came from Verizon Communications. Sources familiar with the matter also told Reuters that the unnamed company was Verizon. Verizon declined to comment.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/08/unnamed-company-makes-higher-offer-against-att-for-straight-path.html

We keep thinking about it as last resort band, but the other national carriers don't. At&t and T-Mobile have no issue whatsoever using Band 13 and Band 12, even if they are congested.

It definitely helps.

That's cause that's all the Spectrum T-Mobile has. Att could get away with out doing it to B12. When they Densify, I think you will see more CA using 2,4,29,30,66.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It definitely helps.

VZW is the only one that uses B13.

For our next article on The Wall, we are considering this headline...

"BGR is a trashy tech news site, but here is S4GRU's RF look at the Samsung Galaxy S8"

AJ

Yeah when I saw that earlier this afternoon I was beyond "SMH."  I was more like, ready to wield a verbal axe.  But instead of commenting on that b*llsh@t article directly to BGR staff, I opted to just brush it off and quit viewing their site as often.  Absolute rubbish.

But that nasty little vindictive monster that lives deep down in the darkest recesses of me had any manner of linguistic lashes thought up for just such a cause.  The best part about it would have been that I am the exact antithesis of what Epstein & Co. hold dear and true; I am a diehard, 19 year veteran Sprint user...............with an Android phone!

Oh, and, one more thing.  Band 25 carrier aggregation is alive and well here in Atlanta.  I am trying to upload the photo but am having difficulty.  May send directly to S4GRU staff because I wasn't aware this was possible yet.  From the other reports that are beginning to flood in, apparently it is.

Oh, and, one more thing. Band 25 carrier aggregation is alive and well here in Atlanta. I am trying to upload the photo but am having difficulty. May send directly to S4GRU staff because I wasn't aware this was possible yet. From the other reports that are beginning to flood in, apparently it is.

Try uploading it to imgur/dropbox and embedding it. That always works better for me.

B25CA is being implemented yes.

You need non contiguous spectrum and can do 5+5 / 5+10 / 5+15 / 10+10.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well, I guess you can count this as officially stating that Sprint on is on the sale block?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3265743-sprint-t-mobile-higher-softbank-talks-deal?uprof=45&utoken=13667b4a38ddb18402d5bcc917a67944#email_link

Mr. Son isn't limiting Sprint's (NYSE:S) choices to T-Mobile: "We're basically open to anything."

Looks like it was part of the Softbank earnings call.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/softbank-profit-climbs-keen-talk-072014151.html

Well, I guess you can count this as officially stating that Sprint on is on the sale block?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3265743-sprint-t-mobile-higher-softbank-talks-deal?uprof=45&utoken=13667b4a38ddb18402d5bcc917a67944#email_link

How is this different than what he has said in the past? He basically reiterates this every single quarter since everyone asks about it every single quarter and everyone freaks out about it as evidence that Sprint is up for sale.

• Like 5

I would file this under ssdd.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

How is this different than what he has said in the past? He basically reiterates this every single quarter since everyone asks about it every single quarter and everyone freaks out about it as evidence that Sprint is up for sale.

I would rather see Sprint become Softbank USA. After the network improves even more.

• Like 5

Oh, and, one more thing.  Band 25 carrier aggregation is alive and well here in Atlanta.  I am trying to upload the photo but am having difficulty.  May send directly to S4GRU staff because I wasn't aware this was possible yet.  From the other reports that are beginning to flood in, apparently it is.

That is pretty awesome.  I've been waiting for this.  Doesn't ATL only have 30MHz on PCS?