Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It looks like Sprint's speed is imporiving in a lot of markets.  Look at the speed graph in this crowd-coursed article.

http://speedsmart.net/wireless_index/april_2017/

Some markets are still too slow but they are very competitive in a lot of them.

Yea, I saw that. This is an encouraging quote from that article..

"The Sprint LTE network saw a boost in nationwide average download speed also showing some improvements are happening. Nationwide average download speed is up over 15% to 16.82 Mbps. Sprint also has the fastest or second fastest network in 8 cities that we track showing that performance is getting better overall. Both Sprint and T-Mobile saw gains in network performance for April 2017 while Verizon and AT&T did not."

Yea, I saw that. This is an encouraging quote from that article..

"The Sprint LTE network saw a boost in nationwide average download speed also showing some improvements are happening. Nationwide average download speed is up over 15% to 16.82 Mbps. Sprint also has the fastest or second fastest network in 8 cities that we track showing that performance is getting better overall. Both Sprint and T-Mobile saw gains in network performance for April 2017 while Verizon and AT&T did not."

Make me want to grab a new Sprint sim through an MVNO and just test the network around town. haha still got my Nexus 5x as a backup device.

• Like 1

Make me want to grab a new Sprint sim through an MVNO and just test the network around town. haha still got my Nexus 5x as a backup device.

Haven't seen you around in a while. Thought maybe Fabian Cortez found you and tied you up in its basement!

• Like 2

Of course, you'll experience the best speed and coverage with a Sprint device which supports HPUE and 3CA (Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ or LG G6 so far). :-)

• Like 1

Of course, you'll experience the best speed and coverage with a Sprint device which supports HPUE and 3CA (Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ or LG G6 so far). :-)

Are all of the S8 the same hardware just like the S7? Might be grabbing an S8 soon.

If you are still in the Jacksonville market don't bother testing it. I have not seen the "demanded" growth in capacity yet. I still find it very good compared to a lot of places but it is still the the second worst market in Florida with a lot of improvement to go. 

• Like 1

If you are still in the Jacksonville market don't bother testing it. I have not seen the "demanded" growth in capacity yet. I still find it very good compared to a lot of places but it is still the the second worst market in Florida with a lot of improvement to go.

Jacksonville Florida? Has some B41 with 10x10 B25 that should become 15x15 in a month or two.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Are all of the S8 the same hardware just like the S7? Might be grabbing an S8 soon.

That's a great question. I'm not sure. Samsung hasn't listed different carrier models or LTE Bands on its website.

Does anyone know this?

Jacksonville Florida?

Yes I have always had a good experience there but that market has complained like you do about Minnesota. I have not seen enough change in the last couple years in technology to say "hey you will really like it now". Just like your standard is your standard up north. Jacksonville still a lot of clearwire and not enough 8t8r or Nokia mini macros to satisfy their standard. 

• Like 1

Yes I have always had a good experience there but that market has complained like you do about Minnesota. I have not seen enough change in the last couple years in technology to say "hey you will really like it now". Just like your standard is your standard up north. Jacksonville still a lot of clearwire and not enough 8t8r or Nokia mini macros to satisfy their standard.

The wideband LTE when that happens to B25 should help.

That's a great question. I'm not sure. Samsung hasn't listed different carrier models or LTE Bands on its website.

Does anyone know this?

All 950/955u models. Sim cards determines what technologies and frequencies are active.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am not sure it means anything but Masa will be present during tomorrow's conference call.

I feel like it's been awhile since he's been on a call (almost 2years) so who knows. I'm going to say it doesn't mean anything but since John Saw, Marcelo, and Guther were all in Tokyo recently, 600mhz auction is over, daily m/a speculation, I would hope it's something big.

what time is the earnings call?

• Like 1

Does anyone know this?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s8-64gb--sprint--arctic-silver-sm-g950uzsaspr/

e0f41a798a6040607828eae7509ccb27.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like Sprint's speed is imporiving in a lot of markets.  Look at the speed graph in this crowd-coursed article.

http://speedsmart.net/wireless_index/april_2017/

Some markets are still too slow but they are very competitive in a lot of them.

That 44.67/7.36 in Sacramento from Sprint left everyone in the dust. If they would do nationwide what they are doing in Sacramento.....

conference call at 830 AM eastern time.  Here is an interesting note:  last year same time, total postpaid add for the 4 carriers was almost 2 million.  For the 3 carriers that already reported this year, total net postpaid add is about 0.  If we extrapolate, then sprint should add about 2 million postpaid phones.  However analysts only predict 50K

That 44.67/7.36 in Sacramento from Sprint left everyone in the dust. If they would do nationwide what they are doing in Sacramento.....

About every macro site here has 8t8r with an addition 150ish clearwire mini macro sites.

If you get on B41 you will get good speeds here...

It's where you don't get B41 that things are... Interesting.

• Like 1

About every macro site here has 8t8r with an addition 150ish clearwire mini macro sites.

If you get on B41 you will get good speeds here...

It's where you don't get B41 that things are... Interesting.

There is some areas of the country where Sprint might be able to get away without B41 as in the 10x10 B25 areas. It's the areas with only 5x5 that needs more capacity.

• Like 1

There is some areas of the country where Sprint might be able to get away without B41 as in the 10x10 B25 areas. It's the areas with only 5x5 that needs more capacity.

Aka here. 3 5x5s that hover around 2-5 mbps each with each b41 carrier hovering 10-70 mbps depending on site and sector.

Aka here. 3 5x5s that hover around 2-5 mbps each with each b41 carrier hovering 10-70 mbps depending on site and sector.

Don't worry, B25 CA is close ;)

• Like 1

Don't worry, B25 CA is close ;)

I'm sure Tim knows that. Someone did reported it live in New Orleans. Can't wait for it to come to other markets like Samsung.

I would get excited for B25 CA but I never see B25 lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Why's that? Unless your always seeing B41 then that's good.