Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If my company wants me to open files while I'm driving down the road in a conference call then they better damn well find someone stupid enough to do it cause I'm not doing that. Otherwise I'm at an airport or motel with WiFi available making the SvLTE a moot point.

Hope you are using hands free when talking on the phone while driving! But I meant voLTE more for when you are in a train, waiting for a flight, etc. Not all hotels have free WiFi and even then sometime soon I wouldn't trust an open WiFi network if you have sensitive files. VoLTE also still allows you to receive iMessages if you are an iOS user or WhatsApp too. All carriers will have voLTE. I expect Sprint to launch it within two years. It will not only help with roaming agreeements but once Verizon drops CDMA, suddenly manufacturers might not want to make CDMA phones anymore (without a premium) as they will no longer many supporting carriers.

• Like 3

Hope you are using hands free when talking on the phone while driving! But I meant voLTE more for when you are in a train, waiting for a flight, etc. Not all hotels have free WiFi and even then sometime soon I wouldn't trust an open WiFi network if you have sensitive files. VoLTE also still allows you to receive iMessages if you are an iOS user or WhatsApp too. All carriers will have voLTE. I expect Sprint to launch it within two years. It will not only help with roaming agreeements but once Verizon drops CDMA, suddenly manufacturers might not want to make CDMA phones anymore (without a premium) as they will no longer many supporting carriers.

I really like VoLTE and hope its adoption into the networks continue to be quickly implemented so that 2G can be shutdown and have that spectrum used for 4G instead.

• Like 2

It was just a little joke with all the speculation behind why the T-Mobile and sprint executives were going to Japan and the Far East.

Far East ended up being read into a little too much. He ended up going to a Yankees game...

https://twitter.com/johnlegere/status/858128448505688065

• Like 2

I've spent my day today looking around online regarding my television decision, trying to finalizing my thoughts this weekend before going to Abt on Monday, which I'm going to make a video tour of especially for S4GRU readers here.

In the process of searching online today, I ended up reading a bit about former, now defunct retail stores and noticed one that use to be "Incredible Universe" I hadn't heard of before today, and found out its concept very similar to what I've been promoting here the past few days for wireless carriers to open up physical corporate retail in.

Incredible Universe only lasted for about five years from what I was reading about it, and had plenty of unprofitable stores when it closed. I'm not a fan of retail, but this being the only retail concept that interests me, yet failed, has me more skeptical of retail in general. Interesting thing to note though, Incredible Universe was owned by the company that use to own Radio Shack.

2 or 3 years is quite a long time and the chance that VoLTE will be available on the Sprint network. As far as SvLTE I wouldn't want to talk confidential things on a commuter rail/bus or out in public. As for public WiFi there are VPNs. I made up my mind on this issue when I read on a website about an EMT bashing Sprint for the lack of SvLTE. He mentioned something along the lines of medical records over cell phone to which my thought was that I would very likely file a complaint on any company that allowed their employees to go without a proper laptop for life or death situations. A lot of information can be overlooked on this very small screen. Simply, I avoid the use of my phone in the car as much as I can by keeping it in my pocket. Definitely do have hands free, but it still seems like I'm trying to do too much if I'm talking on the phone while driving.

2 or 3 years is quite a long time and the chance that VoLTE will be available on the Sprint network. As far as SvLTE I wouldn't want to talk confidential things on a commuter rail/bus or out in public. As for public WiFi there are VPNs. 

I understand your point. SVLTE was never Sprint's fault, but manufacturers not supporting it. SVLTE is hardware based, you need to have a pathway for the 1xRTT signal and LTE signal at the same time. Right now when you receive a call the phone rolls back to 1xRTT network for Sprint and Verizon if you do not enable voLTE. The point I am trying to point out is CDMA is going away (for Verizon by the end of 2019, but estimates keep bumping earlier). While I like CDMA and think it is generally more robust for calls, it is going away as the industry has settled on LTE and thus voLTE for voice. This will though make it easy for roaming agreements, handset compatibility, etc. 

If my company wants me to open files while I'm driving down the road in a conference call then they better damn well find someone stupid enough to do it cause I'm not doing that.

I'm not expecting employees to browse and talk while driving, especially on company vehicles.

But if you're not driving and still don't want to open a file while on call, you bet your butt I'd fire you.

Sprint really needs to get on the VoLTE bandwagon even if its in select markets just so that transition is not so abrupt. Sprint needs to ease their way into it and I would be curious to see if Sprint uses B25 and B26 as the VoLTE bands and B41 strictly for data.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint really needs to get on the VoLTE bandwagon even if its in select markets just so that transition is not so abrupt. Sprint needs to ease their way into it and I would be curious to see if Sprint uses B25 and B26 as the VoLTE bands and B41 strictly for data.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

When VOLTE happens it will happen on B41. Densifying the network are mostly B41 small cells.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

When VOLTE happens it will happen on B41. Densifying the network are mostly B41 small cells.

Does VoLTE really require that level of capacity?  Isn't coverage more important?

Does VoLTE really require that level of capacity? Isn't coverage more important?

No. Their densifying to keep data capacity up or help with drops to 3G. If sites only have B41 then that's the only one that can make VOLTE calls.

Does VoLTE really require that level of capacity? Isn't coverage more important?

Yes, coverage is key and Sprint is currently filling coverage holes with B41 only small cells. Accordingly, VoLTE will need to run over B41 at times.

I'm looking to change plans from the unlimited my way here in the next few days. I'm not sure I'm correct on this but if I'm not someone correct me. When Verizon launched unlimited there was revisions with Sprints current plans and some current customers were mad that they couldn't take advantage of those plans. Marcelo eventually said he had something in store for current customers. I'm I'm not sure where I saw it at that time but didn't Marcelo make available a loyalty customer plan? I looked on my account and when I went to change plan all I saw was a unlimited plan plan for $65 with a $5 auto pay. The plan was the same plan that new customers get but it's at the price point that they would get after a year. Is this the loyalty plan or has that offer expired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf7c45f069b4fcd705b830fec1d42c278.png

I'm looking to change plans from the unlimited my way here in the next few days. I'm not sure I'm correct on this but if I'm not someone correct me. When Verizon launched unlimited there was revisions with Sprints current plans and some current customers were mad that they couldn't take advantage of those plans. Marcelo eventually said he had something in store for current customers. I'm I'm not sure where I saw it at that time but didn't Marcelo make available a loyalty customer plan? I looked on my account and when I went to change plan all I saw was a unlimited plan plan for $65 with a $5 auto pay. The plan was the same plan that new customers get but it's at the price point that they would get after a year. Is this the loyalty plan or has that offer expired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New customers still get a promo price that returns to this level after a year (or so)

New customers still get a promo price that returns to this level after a year (or so)

Ok so that plan that I am seeing the is plan Marcelo is allowing existing customers to have if they want that was released a month of so ago. The only difference is the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why only B41 VoLTE? It should work seamlessly across all available LTE layers.

In the areas I frequent, AT&T has VoLTE on 5 different bands (2/4/5/17/30). Verizon has 4 (2/4/5/13) and TMobile has 3 (2/4/12.)

• Like 1

Why only B41 VoLTE? It should work seamlessly across all available LTE layers.

In the areas I frequent, AT&T has VoLTE on 5 different bands (2/4/5/17/30). Verizon has 4 (2/4/5/13) and TMobile has 3 (2/4/12.)

Not completely true. VZW small cells are only bands 2/4. VOLTE will happen on B25/26 on macro sites. Sprint needs it over B41 as that is there faster LTE band. Most likely TMobile small cells will not include B12 same as att. Anything not mid to high band is coming from macro sites.

Not completely true. VZW small cells are only bands 2/4. VOLTE will happen on B25/26 on macro sites. Sprint needs it over B41 as that is there faster LTE band. Most likely TMobile small cells will not include B12 same as att. Anything not mid to high band is coming from macro sites.

Not always true. Verizon also have small cells that include B13 likewise with ATT and b12/17.

Volte will be deployed over all three sprint lte bands like that of the other carriers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Not always true. Verizon also have small cells that include B13 likewise with ATT and b12/17.

Volte will be deployed over all three sprint lte bands like that of the other carriers.

I was talking about small cells. From what I've been told thos are only B41.

I was talking about small cells. From what I've been told thos are only B41.

There exist B26 small cells which will be deployed.

• Like 1

There exist B26 small cells which will be deployed.

These are just Nokia Flexi Zone Mini Macros right? Or am I missing some other variety(ies) of B26 small cells?

Airharmony 4000?

160211172148-eharmony-neil-warren-780x43

You were rejected by airHarmony.

AJ

• Like 1