Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I recall Günther answering during his Reddit AMA:

"We are controlling 800 MHz power to meet regulatory requirements."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5ipysj/2nd_ama_here_we_come/dba3sdn/

Perhaps this is what he's referring to?

• Like 2

Would this allow Sprint to launch 5x5 MHz b26 in areas of Ohio that are in the Inez...

Inez is in Texas, not Ohio.  And there is no basement at The Alamo.

faa1a8c536c6728c1b2ebe21f3bbfd32.jpg

AJ

• Like 4

I recall Günther answering during his Reddit AMA:

"We are controlling 800 MHz power to meet regulatory requirements."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5ipysj/2nd_ama_here_we_come/dba3sdn/

Perhaps this is what he's referring to?

Really wish they could push it further, 800 isn't much better than B41/B25 realistically at least in my findings.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really wish they could push it further, 800 isn't much better than B41/B25 realistically at least in my findings.

Perhaps this new FCC rule will enable Sprint to do that?

Inez is in Texas, not Ohio. And there is no basement at The Alamo.

faa1a8c536c6728c1b2ebe21f3bbfd32.jpg

AJ

being serious though.....thoughts on the article and the restrictions on b26 in Ohio and other regions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coverage wise, B26 is much better than B25, and way better than B41. All depends on how the site is configured though. 

For example, along some highway coverage here in Missouri, there are places where B25 would drop out completely, but B26 will hold a signal at -105dBm or better along the whole stretch. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know more about these "revised power rules"? Will they allow an increase in power levels outside of the IBEZ? And what effect will they have in IBEZ regions?

Coverage wise, B26 is much better than B25, and way better than B41. All depends on how the site is configured though.

For example, along some highway coverage here in Missouri, there are places where B25 would drop out completely, but B26 will hold a signal at -105dBm or better along the whole stretch.

I don't disagree with that, in fact I've actually experienced B26 at -98 when B25 drops, although I think it would be fair to say that B26 does not perform that well a significant amount of the time.

• Like 1

I don't disagree with that, in fact I've actually experienced B26 at -98 when B25 drops, although I think it would be fair to say that B26 does not perform that well a significant amount of the time.

Again, has to do with how each site is configured, downtilt angles and power levels.

Again, has to do with how each site is configured, downtilt angles and power levels.

How much will this new FCC Rule enable Sprint to boost power levels for 800 MHz?

• Like 1

Theoretically yes, in my experience no. B26 is always about ~5 dBm stronger than B25 and maybe ~3 dBm stronger than B41, yes B41 has better coverage here than B25. I'm hoping with the new rules they can turn the power up on B26 to make 800MHz what it should be. Even at ~120 dBm B26 works better than 3G at ~100dBm, even with the pings being relatively the same.

Congrats to JWMaloney!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/60y90u/sprint_coverage_map_updated_32117/dfbjfwj/

"We've looked at that view and we are incorporating ideas from it into the next major refresh of our coverage map. There are back-end updates required before we can launch new features such as full screen view that we're currently working on first. Bottom line, it's not going to launch as fast as we'd all like, but it's definitely in the works."

Bravo!

• Like 10

Theoretically yes, in my experience no. B26 is always about ~5 dBm stronger than B25 and maybe ~3 dBm stronger than B41, yes B41 has better coverage here than B25. I'm hoping with the new rules they can turn the power up on B26 to make 800MHz what it should be. Even at ~120 dBm B26 works better than 3G at ~100dBm, even with the pings being relatively the same.

Something is up in your market then. B26 coverage is about -10 dbm better in San Antonio and Houston and about -12 to -13 dBm better in the boonies in Texas.

Congrats to JWMaloney!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/60y90u/sprint_coverage_map_updated_32117/dfbjfwj/

"We've looked at that view and we are incorporating ideas from it into the next major refresh of our coverage map. There are back-end updates required before we can launch new features such as full screen view that we're currently working on first. Bottom line, it's not going to launch as fast as we'd all like, but it's definitely in the works."

Bravo!

That's cute. You can literally open my map right now and press F11 to get a "full screen view" if you want to. Not sure what they would need to change on the backend.

• Like 3

The rules aren't what's limiting Sprint's B26 coverage, it's Sprint's sites' configurations. I have been to places where B26 is at -120 and 3G is at -106 or only 1x800 is available. Better B26 range is definitely doable, Sprint just hadn't done it in many areas.

• Like 1

The rules aren't what's limiting Sprint's B26 coverage, it's Sprint's sites' configurations. I have been to places where B26 is at -120 and 3G is at -106 or only 1x800 is available. Better B26 range is definitely doable, Sprint just hadn't done it in many areas.

CDMA EVDO signal at - 106 RSSI is basically at the edge of service which is pretty much equivalent in terms of badness when converted to RSRP. So not a good example.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CDMA EVDO signal at - 106 RSSI is basically at the edge of service which is pretty much equivalent in terms of badness when converted to RSRP. So not a good example.

This example was intended to be contrasted with many cases in which B26 is at -120 when 3G is closer to -97 or -98.

This example was intended to be contrasted with many cases in which B26 is at -120 when 3G is closer to -97 or -98.

Still not good. Anywhere around -100 RSSI is pretty much at the edge of CDMA service. A good cdma signal is around - 80s to low 90s.

Mid to high 90s RSSI is pretty much equivalent to around - 110s for RSRP which would be an extremely weak LTE signal.

• Like 1

Please also make an effort to type oEut proper sentences.

Jesus Christ. Yes. This. I have seen some of the most egregious instances of horrific grammar on this site. And here I thought one of the common threads we all shared was above average intelligence.

• Like 2

And here I thought one of the common threads we all shared was above average intelligence.

No.  But all of our women are strong, and all of our men are good looking.

AJ

• Like 1