Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So....  Is anyone having success with their NCAA Tournament Bracket?  I was 13 for 16 on day one. 

I was 1 for 1 (Northwestern over Vanderbilt).  Go Cats!

(Yeah, I know round 2 doesn't look so rosy.)

Totally off topic, but 252 MB for Messenger?!?!? What the hell is Facebook stuffing the app with??? That's ridiculous.

More stuff to invade your privacy in new and innovative ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

On iOS both FB and Messenger are close to 400mb combined.

For what it is -- it seems like extreme bloat.

Though if it was added bloat to spy -- it wouldn't be that thick. Malware is typically very thin.

You can put anything in the Facebook column as adware, and is only going to get even more bloated, and your battery life will shrink.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can put anything in the Facebook column as adware, and is only going to get even more bloated, and your battery life will shrink.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

My wife is on Messenger all of the time.  The batteries for both of her iPhone and iPad use a tremendous amount of battery power for this app.  We keep two chargers in the kitchen and they are constantly plugged in.  I use Messenger maybe once a month and then it is only a quick reply.

• Like 1

Sprint confirms death of Direct 2 You phone delivery service:

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-confirms-death-direct-2-you-phone-delivery-service

So much for that.... anyone here use it?

Trimming more costs.

• Like 2

Trimming more costs.

This program seemed like a very expensive way to get a customer Add or Upgrade done.

How did this ever make sense to do?

• Like 5

When Direct2U came out, they were willing to deliver a device to me over a 200 mile round trip from Houston. That's crazy! I just don't see how they can pay for car fleet, fuel costs, and hours traveled just to deliver a single phone to the boonies. I can't see how this was helping their bottom line as FedEx and a DVD could have done the same thing with a fraction of the costs.

• Like 7

This program seemed like a very expensive way to get a customer Add or Upgrade done.

How did this ever make sense to do?

I wonder how much it costed to keep that program running.

• Like 1

Who's on the hook for all the vehicles purchased for the program?

That could be been put into the network... Oh and so could that Tidal money... Sprint doesn't get the money thing, they just don't.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That could be been put into the network... Oh and so could that Tidal money... Sprint doesn't get the money thing, they just don't.

Saying something like that is short sighted... if you don't try to innovate then you'll be stuck in the same business model forever. In that same article AT&T said a similar service is working well for them - so it isn't money wasted...its just not the kind of return on investment Sprint needs at the moment.

• Like 4

Saying something like that is short sighted... if you don't try to innovate then you'll be stuck in the same business model forever. In that same article AT&T said a similar service is working well for them - so it isn't money wasted...its just not the kind of return on investment Sprint needs at the moment.

Yeah waste of money...

• Like 1