Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So is this essentially vzw and att, but just double the data? I highly doubt it will be $10 a line. Is the 20Gb $100 and then a fee per line?

If that is the case, I don't think it will be that much of a game changer as the whole problem with Sprints imagine was slow data. I don't think keeping the same price and just doubling the data would have the same effect as keeping the same amount of data but dropping the price so it is cheaper than their rivals.

I disagree. I'd much rather have double the data for the same price rather than save $15 and have the same data. Additionally I don't think any carrier is offering 20GB of data for $100 a month. I'm assuming these are Easy Pay plans so you'll also have the benefit of yearly upgrades which is awesome in my opinion.

• Like 1

So is this essentially vzw and att, but just double the data? I highly doubt it will be $10 a line. Is the 20Gb $100 and then a fee per line?

If that is the case, I don't think it will be that much of a game changer as the whole problem with Sprints imagine was slow data. I don't think keeping the same price and just doubling the data would have the same effect as keeping the same amount of data but dropping the price so it is cheaper than their rivals.

$100 for upto 10 lines. You have 3 lines that use 20GB of data, $100. You have 10 lines that use only 10GB avg, $100. This is a GREAT plan.

I disagree. I'd much rather have double the data for the same price rather than save $15 and have the same data. Additionally I don't think any carrier is offering 20GB of data for $100 a month. I'm assuming these are Easy Pay plans so you'll also have the benefit of yearly upgrades which is awesome in my opinion.

why would it be yearly upgrades?  that is only offered with the unlimited plan on Framly — 

need more details.

10 lines @ 20 gigs shared = 2 gigs per user, lame.

10 lines @ 20 gigs *each* = something worth talking about.

• Like 2

need more details.

Yes.

10 lines @ 20 gigs shared = 2 gigs per user, lame.

No, a 20 GB shared pool is not "lame" -- unless you or your compatriots are data abusers.

10 lines @ 20 gigs *each* = something worth talking about.

Not gonna happen. That would be invitation for abuse -- just like the old Sprint.

AJ

• Like 6

Erm, by your standards, 10 users using 2.1 gig are data abusers.

In any case, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, as long as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

• Like 4

Erm, by your standards, 10 users using 2.1 gig are data abusers.

In any case, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, as long as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

You think you know my "standards"?  How so?  Try again.  Or just shut up.

AJ

Yes.

No, a 20 GB shared pool is not "lame" -- unless you or your compatriots are data abusers.

Not gonna happen. That would be invitation for abuse -- just like the old Sprint.

AJ

if its like TMO where it is divided up by the number of lines - example 3 users get 2GB each = LAME; if its 3 lines divided into 20GB plan, thats pretty cool!  

I agree 20GB per line thats as bad as unlimited (almost) 

$100 for upto 10 lines. You have 3 lines that use 20GB of data, $100. You have 10 lines that use only 10GB avg, $100. This is a GREAT plan.

Kansas City star is reporting that it is $100 for 20GB of data, and then additional $$ for each line added.

They said it is the same cost for four lines ($160) as VZW and AT&T but with double the data. If true, that'll be a tough sell.

• Like 2

If it is $100 for up to 10 lines without a monthly phone fee, then yes it would be a great plan. If it is just double the data as it's rivals for the same price, then not as exciting.

Like I said, the problem with sprint was slow data and people laughed when sprint had unlimited data for the same price as 2Gb from the rivals because you can never get close to that amount with the slow data. If that same perception is out there, then a 20Gb bucket won't matter (if there is so a monthly device fee) as they would still laugh and say you can't fill that up, so for the same price get a usable network.

Kinda cool the way it reads no access fees until 2015 so 4 lines save 60 a month.. Then an additional 2gs of data???

"But wait, there's more. To kick off Sprint’s “new day for data” campaign, Sprint is offering a limited-time promotion for the Sprint Family Share Pack: For a family with up to 10 lines, get 20GB of Shared Data and Unlimited Talk & Text for only $100 a month through 2015"–

if that is true… this is almost laughable —- if AT&T or VZW offered that though I’d switch back. UNLESS you live in a STRONG Sprint area!

but I’d like to see the actual plans :-)

Click the link its at the bottom of the page

• Like 1

Yes.

AJ

You think you know my "standards"?  How so?  Try again.  Or just shut up.

AJ

By your 'standards' I was simply referring to your previous comment quoted above.

http://bit.ly/1pWLkhN Sprint.com details!

Great catch.

after re-reading the link… not great at all.  

they are treating themselves like ATT or VZW, which is great BUT they don’t have the network for it, not even close! (at least in the states that I travel) 

Yeah.  If the new management thinks this is disruptive pricing they are no better then the old management. Johnny is going to have a field day with this

• Like 1