Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

On a side note, I always thought a while back that if Sprint were to rename itself, that Spectrum would be a perfect name, butl TWC took it.

TS

Sprint has a holding company with the name Sprint Spectrum plus Sprint was once a partner in SpectrumCo, LLC. So the name isn't completely unfamiliar.

I'm still partial to Southern Pacific Railroad Internal Network Telecommunications, or SPRINT for short.

• Like 1

Sprint has a holding company with the name Sprint Spectrum plus Sprint was once a partner in SpectrumCo, LLC. So the name isn't completely unfamiliar.

I'm still partial to Southern Pacific Railroad Internal Network Telecommunications, or SPRINT for short.

Nextel always sounded like a better brand than Sprint. But unfortunately Nextel will always be synonymous with *chirp chirp*.
  • Like 1

Wireless and cable cos don't want to be dumb pipes anymore, think about how much Google, YouTube, Netflix, etc have made off the backs of Verizon, Comcast, time Warner... Mergers nowadays are going to be full of strategery

Comcast/NBC, vz/yahoo, at&t/directv, t-mobile/dish, sprint/(insert media company)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Disney (Magic Kingdom) is well. Slowest has been 15Mbps and fastest 75Mbps and on B25 at that. B25 is constantly faster than B41 and the upload is great for getting my pictures uploaded. :-)

Hey I'm in Disneyland right now too! Here's what I've found:

Sprint has three B25 carriers on air (8109, 8140, 8665) as well as three B41 carriers (39874, 40072, 40270).

Speeds on Sprint and VZW are been slow but usable. AT&T and T-Mobile are pretty much useless.

I wish Sprint would load balance between B25 and B41 better and that they'd run 6 B41 carriers here instead of three - I think those two things would really help with the data here.

• Like 1

The solution/answer is to not run speed tests.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

But, but, my e-peen...

Anyway it was mostly a joke. I get the idea, massive capacity upgrade is a massive win for normal use cases, so I'm far from complaining.

Is Sprint going to start zero-rating speed tests or are people going to be deprioritized after a single 20+GB @700+Mbps speed test?

Why would you need to run a speed test? The network should never give you issues with speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I'm in Disneyland right now too! Here's what I've found:

Sprint has three B25 carriers on air (8109, 8140, 8665) as well as three B41 carriers (39874, 40072, 40270).

Speeds on Sprint and VZW are been slow but usable. AT&T and T-Mobile are pretty much useless.

I wish Sprint would load balance between B25 and B41 better and that they'd run 6 B41 carriers here instead of three - I think those two things would really help with the data here.

I remembered my wife has the S6 so pulled up engineering screen. PCS 15x15 on 8615. I tested the WiFi and it's really solid coverage here. Got 60/60 the few times I checked it. Would be interesting to see their load graphs from customer traffic in the park.

I remembered my wife has the S6 so pulled up engineering screen. PCS 15x15 on 8615. I tested the WiFi and it's really solid coverage here. Got 60/60 the few times I checked it. Would be interesting to see their load graphs from customer traffic in the park.

Is this at Disneyland or Disney World? I'm at Disneyland and I've only seen 8109, 8140 and 8665…

8140 would be a 10x10 carrier expanded from 8109.

That's what I thought…I wonder why I see both in different parts of the park - maybe Disneyland is on the border of two areas where Sprint has different spectrum holdings (full A block vs. part of the A block)?

That's what I thought…I wonder why I see both in different parts of the park - maybe Disneyland is on the border of two areas where Sprint has different spectrum holdings (full A block vs. part of the A block)?

It's surprising they would do this. LTE I believe would clobber CDMA if they're nearby and overlap, so I doubt they have any CDMA left in that other 5x5 chunk. How much PCS in addition to the G block do they own? It's possible they refarmed some CDMA and haven't changed the other sites' config yet.

In Pittsburgh, Verizon runs 10x10 on B2 (PCS) in the suburbs, but in the city it's only 5x5 because according to my spectrum analyzer they still have 2 CDMA carriers on air (downtown vs Homestead if anyone is curious). So I guess that's a far enough distance, being several miles. If the distance is enough at Disney, it's possible there are still some CDMA carriers on air in that spectrum.

Sent from my Pixel XL

https://promo.sprint.com/Registration/AAdvantageLanding

Anyone ever tried this promo? This would be interesting to me if I lived in a Sprint area currently. 

My family was going to do it, but when you sign up for it you lose any corporate discounts you have, so we opted not to.

-Anthony

• Like 1

The solution/answer is to not run speed tests.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a perfect world. With today's marketing climate, zero rating speed tests could encourage a better sample size more reflective of the gains in Sprint's network, and make Ookla tests a better benchmark for positive network progress. 

In a perfect world. With today's marketing climate, zero rating speed tests could encourage a better sample size more reflective of the gains in Sprint's network, and make Ookla tests a better benchmark for positive network progress. 

I'd rather they not zero-rate speed tests. I'm perfectly fine with RootMetrics testing networks for the time being.

• Like 1

does zero rating do any harm at all ?

Only harm it does is people constantly running speed tests, but then again the average user is probably not running speed tests constantly. Speeds tests tend to be used when a user thinks his/her connection is super slow as a diagnostic tool or when it is super fast for e-peen contests.