Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

"Negative" is subjective. If SG4RU is going to "discipline" for someone expressing their disinterest in Sprint's "look what we can do but don't actually do" game so be it. It seems petty, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is literally the second rule of the site.

Negative comments. We understand that Sprint's network suffers in many places, especially the legacy network.  However, negative comments about Sprint or S4GRU must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.  People come to S4GRU to discuss Network Vision deployment and do not want to sift through uninformative complaints to find useful information.  Trolling is prohibited

• Like 8

Oh yeah. Rebranded "sprint zone" coming out in a week or two on the play store and Apple app store. [emoji6] Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's actually happening?

Oh yeah.

Rebranded "sprint zone" coming out in a week or two on the play store and Apple app store.

[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is honestly my number one complaint with Sprint at the moment which is kind of a testament to how much things have improved for me. It sucked not being able to get the Sprint Zone app on my Nexus 6.

• Like 4

This is honestly my number one complaint with Sprint at the moment which is kind of a testament to how much things have improved for me. It sucked not being able to get the Sprint Zone app on my Nexus 6.

Seems to me that Nexus users would be the most likely to use Sprint Zone to report Network issues... I use it on my iPhone.

Not having an App available for them for this long meant a lot of useful Network issue data didn't get reported.

• Like 3

Im currently in St. Petersburg.  Network here is solid other than data.  I've been coming a couple times a year for a few years and doesn't seem like much has changed for coverage.  The B41 gear is no longer Clearwire, unless they just changed the name in SCP reporting to Sprint now.  But the load is pretty bad.  I camp on B26 and it's slow.  B41 isn't as often as the coverage map would make you believe.

Though the Tampa Zoo for some reason is just 3G/1x.  Other then that, I really haven't had a bad time in Florida.  Even Disney was a dream, and I'll get to reset it this weekend. 

That's the same thing I see in my area.

How interesting that they chose to demo 4x4 MIMO in a market where they abandoned over half of their 8T8R install permits over the last 2-3 years and are now only installing 2T2R mini macros (which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't capable of 4x4 MIMO).

You just had to rain on Sprint's parade, didn't you :D  :P ? 

Must be that Motorola phone they testing with that no one can get close to

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Courtside, Sprint and its partners set up an indoor base station system, similar to an outdoor base station set-up, inside the stadium with three-channel carrier aggregation (CA), which Sprint has turned up in 100 markets, including New Orleans. They used 60 MHz of Sprint’s 2.5 GHz spectrum combined with 4X4 MIMO and 256-QAM higher order modulation to achieve Category 16 LTE download data speeds on a TDD network.

The pre-commercial Motorola device—a flagship smartphone based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 mobile platform with an integrated Snapdragon X16 LTE modem—is still under wraps and its release date is to be determined, but it was made available to Sprint for demonstration purposes. The device has all the proper antenna and band configurations to support Gigabit Class LTE, including support for High Performance User Equipment (HPUE), a handset-based technology that has the ability to extend Sprint's coverage by up to 30%, including indoors.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/sprint-shows-off-gigabit-class-lte-qualcomm-motorola-new-orleans

I am guessing that the 4x4 MIMO is only available on B41?

Nope. Available on B25 as well. Plenty of 4x4 enabled sites in Ericsson land. 

Courtside, Sprint and its partners set up an indoor base station system, similar to an outdoor base station set-up, inside the stadium with three-channel carrier aggregation (CA), which Sprint has turned up in 100 markets, i

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/sprint-shows-off-gigabit-class-lte-qualcomm-motorola-new-orleans

Event was sponsored by Nokia. 

• Like 1

HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!

"This Sprint launch could make it the fastest carrier in cities where it's implemented. Looking at data from Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence portal, we see that Sprint's mean LTE speed in the city of New Orleans vaulted from 21.55Mbps in February to 62.63Mbps in March."

"Median, rather than average speeds, can show the most common experience. In March in New Orleans, Sprint's median speed also shot up, from 5.47 to 16.16Mbps. That's on par with Verizon, coming from a February result where Sprint was in a very weak fourth place."

http://www.pcmag.com/news/352275/sprint-shows-off-new-moto-phone-gigabit-lte

• Like 6

HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!

"This Sprint launch could make it the fastest carrier in cities where it's implemented. Looking at data from Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence portal, we see that Sprint's mean LTE speed in the city of New Orleans vaulted from 21.55Mbps in February to 62.63Mbps in March."

"Median, rather than average speeds, can show the most common experience. In March in New Orleans, Sprint's median speed also shot up, from 5.47 to 16.16Mbps. That's on par with Verizon, coming from a February result where Sprint was in a very weak fourth place."

Schnickies?!? Lmao

Even more amazing:

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/03/09/sprint-qualcomm-and-motorola-debut-gigabit-lte-in-u-s

"The mysterious device was reaching speeds between 400 and 600Mbps. This was made all the more impressive by the location. Not only was the announcement held right before an NBA game in an arena full of people, but Sprint had ten devices running HD videos on non-stop loop, two Google Daydream stations to test out VR and the three devices running Speedtest. The network didn’t miss a beat and the devices testing out the speeds were still clocking over 500Mbps."

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/839899515914190848

• Like 5

Sprint added a handful of B41 mini macros to congested NV sites, but most of the actual improvement in the Ookla numbers comes from the new Sprint-hosted speed test server that popped up in New Orleans ahead of the gigabit demo. Latency is about 50% lower and throughput is about 50% higher in comparison to other nearby speed test servers.

• Like 2

Sprint added a handful of B41 mini macros to congested NV sites, but most of the actual improvement in the Ookla numbers comes from the new Sprint-hosted speed test server that popped up in New Orleans ahead of the gigabit demo. Latency is about 50% lower and throughput is about 50% higher in comparison to other nearby speed test servers.

Yup, even more impressive to think that even in such a short period of time with a limited deployment how much it can positively influence the network. (and completely skew Ookla scores because of the insanely high peak speeds)

• Like 2

Yup, even more impressive to think that even in such a short period of time with a limited deployment how much it can positively influence the network. (and completely skew Ookla scores because of the insanely high peak speeds)

will Sprint update any of those other local sites or add new sites is the questions?

Have to go to the arena for good lte? ????‍♀️

According to rumors, the "secret" Moto phone, probably the next Moto Z, likely won't arrive before June. If it's the earliest phone supporting the new capabilities, that means the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 will be left out of the gigabit party this year. All we really know about the new Moto is that it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the gigabit abilities.

(For what it's worth: the G6 doesn't have a gigabit modem, and while the S8 will, it may not have the appropriate antennas for Sprint's maximum speeds.)

HOLY SCHNIKIES!!!!

According to rumors, the "secret" Moto phone, probably the next Moto Z, likely won't arrive before June. If it's the earliest phone supporting the new capabilities, that means the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 will be left out of the gigabit party this year. All we really know about the new Moto is that it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the gigabit abilities.

(For what it's worth: the G6 doesn't have a gigabit modem, and while the S8 will, it may not have the appropriate antennas for Sprint's maximum speeds.)

610239e30c362e06b81fdb9d0848d957.jpg

S8 and s8 +

• Like 1

Sprint should set up their own local/regional speed test servers and have Sprint Zone run speed/latency tests to them so they can be included with submitted issue reports. I'm thinking this info would be helpful for Sprint's Network Team to have.

• Like 1

According to rumors, the "secret" Moto phone, probably the next Moto Z, likely won't arrive before June. If it's the earliest phone supporting the new capabilities, that means the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 will be left out of the gigabit party this year. All we really know about the new Moto is that it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the gigabit abilities.

Nope! As stated above, Samsung devices DO support all those awesome features, I'm sure it was a situation where Motorola was more interested in getting the exposure than Samsung was at this stage in the game.

• Like 2