Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Did you all see Marcelo's tweet about a "Nexus4Life" announcement coming this week? He was replying to someone asking about it.

Nope, that's really awesome though, will have to check.

Nope, that's really awesome though, will have to check.

Uh, no, not that awesome. Get caught up, Deval.

I doubt that a "Nexus for Life" would work quite as well as the "iPhone for Life."  Too much variability in Nexus handsets.

To illustrate, imagine that a "Nexus for Life" program had been instituted last year.  Thus, for the past year, you have been driving a nice luxury sedan.  Your year is up, so you roll in to Sprint and turn in your old Nexus for your new Nexus.  The salesman takes your keys, hands you the keys to a 45 foot RV, and says, "There you go."

Not a happy camper...

AJ

Thanks for this. I added it to the spreadsheet. It still means the cheapest someone can get 2 lines on Family Share with no discount is $70.00 though. Maybe it is an easier upsell to "Add a GIG for only $5!" or something.  Once you get to 3 lines it is only $5 more for a new customer to go from 1 GB to 20 GB ($95 vs $100)

/edit:

This is more like $20 + $25 per line Family Share is now a thing. I'd rather they just eliminate the 1 GB tier and make it 2 GB so the progression goes $20 for 2 GB, $40 for 4GB, $70 for 8GB, etc.

Hmm, did the $50 plan get extended? I thought it was supposed to end last week

edit;

yeah it was originally supposed to end 10/16/2014

now the sprint page says;

Sprint Simply Unlimited Plan: Offer ends 11/13/2014

Hmm, did the $50 plan get extended? I thought it was supposed to end last week

edit;

yeah it was originally supposed to end 10/16/2014

now the sprint page says;

All promotions besides iPhone 200 guaranteed trade in got extended to jam 15. 100gb waived access fee, etf pay off, $50 iphone plan etc
  • Like 1

I think that ended on the 16th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah but so did a few other promos that have since been extended so I wanted to be sure. I already removed it from my pricing spreadsheet.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/10/24/sprint-kc-engineers-layoffs-softbank-replacements.html

Looks like Marcelo didn't think too highly of some of Sprint's engineering department. Seems Softbank engineers will be getting the nod.

<preface - it sucks when folks get laid off>

This should be great for the network though… I suspect the old Sprint really was in the rut that Son stated — “we suck” mentality…

• Like 1

*off-topic* "the we suck mentality" . . . Yeah, kinda like my Redskins

Whoa whoa ... That name is "offensive". You mean the team from Washington. ..*sarcasm sad to see RGIII sidelined again.

I am glad sprint is recognizing this "we suck" mentality is bull and cannot be tolerated. Interesting to see the outcome within a year or so.