Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

But if you have the cash, you can earn a full 10% and not half. Plus, I don't think anyone should borrow money to make money if there is ANY risk in the making money part. Because you could lose money and still owe the debt.

The modern global economy is built on this idea.

You just need to be on the "bail me out" list if problems come up.

But if you have the cash, you can earn a full 10% and not half. Plus, I don't think anyone should borrow money to make money if there is ANY risk in the making money part. Because you could lose money and still owe the debt.

True, but if the choice is between pulling funds out of a good investment to pay for a car -- and I wouldn't leave them sitting in a savings account with piddling interest rates -- or pulling out only a down payment and taking a sub-3% loan, the latter makes sense to me. In fact, that is what I just did a couple weeks ago when we replaced our 12 year old car.

Paying cash is my preference generally, and I use my credit card sparsely and mainly for convenience, but I do consider the options in front of me each time.

True, but if the choice is between pulling funds out of a good investment to pay for a car -- and I wouldn't leave them sitting in a savings account with piddling interest rates -- or pulling out only a down payment and taking a sub-3% loan, the latter makes sense to me. In fact, that is what I just did a couple weeks ago when we replaced our 12 year old car.

Paying cash is my preference generally, and I use my credit card sparsely and mainly for convenience, but I do consider the options in front of me each time.

Think of it this way; paying cash on the car is a GUARANTEED return because you will be guaranteed to "make" whatever the interest rate was for financing the car. You can't compare a risky and risk free rates of return as if they are apples to apples, but at some point yeah, if the financing cost is low enough compared to what you'd make investing it (adjusting for the risk), then it totally makes sense to finance.

Back on topic, with new plans, I've seen the Sprint stores busier and busier now. I walked by the Bryant Park store last week and it seemed like people were constantly walking in and out of the store.

• Like 6

Did you all see Marcelo's tweet about a "Nexus4Life" announcement coming this week? He was replying to someone asking about it.

That would be awesome for those that buy Nexus every year. Actually makes sense. Folks love their iPhones and folks love their Nexuses.

Now all Marcelo needs to do is make a 4Life campaign for the Galaxy lines (especially the Notes). Then the cycle would be complete.

Sorry Windows/Blackberry folks, no soup for you.  :P

TS

• Like 3

Did you all see Marcelo's tweet about a "Nexus4Life" announcement coming this week? He was replying to someone asking about it.

This would be delicious. I don't really like my m8 at all and am getting either the iPhone 6 or the Nexus 6. Would prefer the Nexus though.

That would be awesome for those that buy Nexus every year.

I doubt that a "Nexus for Life" would work quite as well as the "iPhone for Life."  Too much variability in Nexus handsets.

To illustrate, imagine that a "Nexus for Life" program had been instituted last year.  Thus, for the past year, you have been driving a nice luxury sedan.  Your year is up, so you roll in to Sprint and turn in your old Nexus for your new Nexus.  The salesman takes your keys, hands you the keys to a 45 foot RV, and says, "There you go."

Not a happy camper...

AJ

• Like 5

This would be delicious. I don't really like my m8 at all and am getting either the iPhone 6 or the Nexus 6. Would prefer the Nexus though.

have you tried the google now launcher?

for most purposes it nearly turns an m8 into a nexus (other than the obvious google updates).

Also, it is possible to turn the m8 into a full google play version.

• Like 1

That said. Would a typical android user wait 2 years?

typical android user, or typical s4gru android user?

Based up on how many older android devices are still out there, I would say yes the typical android user would wait 2 years... but the typical s4gru user is probably around 6 months (or whenever the next new phone comes out lol).

• Like 4

Thus, for the past year, you have been driving a nice luxury sedan. Your year is up, so you roll in to Sprint and turn in your old Nexus for your new Nexus. The salesman takes your keys, hands you the keys to a 45 foot RV, and says, "There you go."

Not a happy camper...

AJ

This is the best analogy for the situation I've heard so far.
  • Like 1

^ Correct, AJ brings a very valid point. Hits it on the nail again, best analogy yet,

still, I like big cars and phones so bring it on Marcelo make it so.  :)

We just so happen to have a photo of you in your car on your phone...

174j8i.jpg

AJ

• Like 4

That guy doesn't look anything like TS.

Have you never seen Dave in a suit and tie?  He cleans up nicely.

AJ

We just so happen to have a photo of you in your car on your phone...

174j8i.jpg

AJ

That looks like my Dad (20 years ago).  And that looks like my area in the background.  Looks just like that out my office window.

• Like 2

That looks like my Dad (20 years ago). And that looks like my area in the background. Looks just like that out my office window.

He's using the latest from Samsung, the Galaxy MegaPhab Allband edition.

Or the Nexus 7 Phone.

• Like 2