Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Some Massive MIMO info for today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate all of the "look what we will one day be able to do" stuff sprint churns out. Just deploy it in the real world and say look what we have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I hate all of the "look what we will one day be able to do" stuff sprint churns out. Just deploy it in the real world and say look what we have done.

Everytime he talks about the network notice how he always says he "can" and never we "will".

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Softbank Boss addressed The wireless industry in Barcelona regarding the 30 years plan of his company, the bad news is, Sprint is  is not or will  be part of this.

What's that tell you? basically they will unload Sprint to the first man that flirt with it. So all these massive MIMO,  or 64T64R wil not come to fruition during this current ownership. They don't believe on Sprint.

• Like 4

Softbank Boss addressed The wireless industry in Barcelona regarding the 30 years plan of his company, the bad news is, Sprint is  is not or will  be part of this.

What's that tell you? basically they will unload Sprint to the first man that flirt with it. So all these massive MIMO,  or 64T64R wil not come to fruition during this current ownership. They don't believe on Sprint.

Softbank JPN is not mentioned either. Is he going to give up to Docomo and KDDI too?  :rofl:

• Like 12

WooHoo, I was right! I knew there'd be a speed-capped data plan eventually! I'm so excited about being right about it, though I admit to being letdown by the pricing of it. 3mbps isn't bad, but $60 monthly is too expensive for that speed. Also, AT&T raised the rate on the 2-line deal to accommodate thus and the included hotspot, so I think AT&T is a bad deal in unlimited data without a discount. I suspect Verizon may raise its unlimited data rate to match soon, then they'll all start around the $90 monthly price point for one line.

However, I anticipate there being more speed-capped data plans as cheaper options, so I creates a thread for it here on S4GRU.

• Like 1

Softbank Boss addressed The wireless industry in Barcelona regarding the 30 years plan of his company, the bad news is, Sprint is is not or will be part of this.

What's that tell you? basically they will unload Sprint to the first man that flirt with it. So all these massive MIMO, or 64T64R wil not come to fruition during this current ownership. They don't believe on Sprint.

I completely agree! All signs show Softbank wants to merge Sprint with T-Mobile, though DT doesn't seem interested in selling T-Mobile at this point, which even if they did, its very unlikely the FCC would approve of the merger.

Besides, DT has a good thing going with T-Mobile right now, and there's no way they're going to want to deal with the mess of integrating those two networks if they were going to buy Sprint. No deal. DT is much more likely to buy Dish and integrate it with T-Mobile, giving T-Mobile plenty of spectrum that should greatly ease its spectrum burdens, particularly in areas where ut really needs the added extra spectrum, such as in the Chicago area.

WooHoo, I was right! I knew there'd be a speed-capped data plan eventually! I'm so excited about being right about it, though I admit to being letdown by the pricing of it. 3mbps isn't bad, but $60 monthly is too expensive for that speed. Also, AT&T raised the rate on the 2-line deal to accommodate thus and the included hotspot, so I think AT&T is a bad deal in unlimited data without a discount. I suspect Verizon may raise its unlimited data rate to match soon, then they'll all start around the $90 monthly price point for one line.

However, I anticipate there being more speed-capped data plans as cheaper options, so I creates a thread for it here on S4GRU.

Which carrier are you on?  Aren't you located in Chicago and on AT&T? 

You called it!

• Like 1

Sprint getting out HPUE has to count as a win, right?

Anyway I am hoping this is the checklist for 2017:

Average network speeds increase from 15 to 25 Mbps

VoLTE trials start in earnest with EVS and AMR-WB support

256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO hit the entire network

5G New Radio trials in major cities

Massive MIMO sites start being deployed

Ericsson and Nokia antenna integrated radios become de facto network deployment going forward

Expand LTE to 300 million native POP's.

VoLTE roaming with USCC

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 10

AT&T looks to be the new/old Verizon. I'm shocked over the past few weeks how Verizon is starting to become consumer friendly.

• Like 1

Sprint getting out HPUE has to count as a win, right?

Anyway I am hoping this is the checklist for 2017:

Average network speeds increase from 15 to 25 Mbps

VoLTE trials start in earnest with EVS and AMR-WB support

256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO hit the entire network

5G New Radio trials in major cities

Massive MIMO sites start being deployed

Ericsson and Nokia antenna integrated radios become de facto network deployment going forward

Expand LTE to 300 million native POP's.

VoLTE roaming with USCC

The bold ones are my wish list items.  I don't think that's too much to ask.  :-)

Edited by clbowens
  • Like 1

Verizon is going to have to do a whole lot of cleaning up on yahoo after the deal is final, I wonder how much that is going to cost.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

If Verizon wanted a media company they should buy one.

• Like 1

I like that checklist. This is also my wish list.

I'll also add ramping up to 320 million POP'S by 2020 with 5G New Radio being a use case for all the footprint. I don't necessarily buy 5G being a solely urban play. For rural areas 5G might be the only chance for rural to get to gigabit speeds at home.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcmag.com/news/352002/t-mobile-sprint-might-call-gigabit-lte-5g%3Famp%3D1

On another note, I'm watching to see if Neville reverses course on T-Mobile not being excited with home 5G at some stage. If anything I would like to see competition be increased on the home front. Most areas of the country have two broadband options and cable is the faster one, except in fiber areas which trend suburban.

I wish we would have an UnTV enter the market.

• Like 1

If I were making that call I'd reverse Verizon out of the deal.

They got the price down because all the problems yahoo had with it being hacked, they still going thru with the deal. It was in the news last week

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk