Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Also, for preaching simple, T-Mobile plans are complicated and their billing system is a Continental Tire Fire of epic proportions. Just read their sub. It's post after post of billing error after billing error.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not arguing about LTE offering clearer calls and being more spectrally efficient since everyone agrees on that. However Sprint's voice and text reliability are damn near second to none as it is, so they really shouldn't rush into it unless they can offer equal or better service via LTE.

I'd also argue that RCS is a non factor untill all 4 of the nationwide carriers hop on Google/GSMA's global platform. Right now it's only one carrier that has it active.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sprint's voice quality definitely is a great feature of Sprint service as I've written about here in the past. Also makes me concerned about joining Verizon now to think of it, as Verizon was really bad in vq back in the 2000s, and certainly not much better when I talked with someone on Verizon a few years ago. Hopefully thats been improved by now.
  • Like 1

Also, for preaching simple, T-Mobile plans are complicated and their billing system is a Continental Tire Fire of epic proportions. Just read their sub. It's post after post of billing error after billing error.

It amazes why Tmobile couldn't create billing code for these promos where you don't have to deal with all these statement credits. It is really silly to have to deal with it.  Also why in the hell in this day and age do statement credits taking up to 1 or 2 billing cycles.  It should be instantaneous in my opinion.

• Like 1

It amazes why Tmobile couldn't create billing code for these promos where you don't have to deal with all these statement credits. It is really silly to have to deal with it. Also why in the hell in this day and age do statement credits taking up to 1 or 2 billing cycles. It should be instantaneous in my opinion.

I suspect it is because their systems are so complex and so bad that they can't do that.

• Like 1

Sprint's voice quality definitely is a great feature of Sprint service as I've written about here in the past. Also makes me concerned about joining Verizon now to think of it, as Verizon was really bad in vq back in the 2000s, and certainly not much better when I talked with someone on Verizon a few years ago. Hopefully thats been improved by now.

CDMA is an extremely robust voice technology.

• Like 3

As far as Sprint geographic expansion goes, hit the areas where the Magentans have their hands tied like around STL and in North Carolina/Knoxville TN. Areas with no low band on their end.

They're doing it to an extent here. After years of T-Mobile running only a protection network in Omaha they've shown signs of a full build. Even with reduced capex for Sprint, over the past 3 months we've had 21 8t8r installs in the Omaha metro with another 14 permitted.

• Like 5

They're doing it to an extent here. After years of T-Mobile running only a protection network in Omaha they've shown signs of a full build. Even with reduced capex for Sprint, over the past 3 months we've had 21 8t8r installs in the Omaha metro with another 14 permitted.

When is Sprint's CapEx supposed to ramp up?

• Like 2

Read the comments. The spreadsheet is not correct.

I have an ED plan. I have done the math myself an used the online optimizer. If I switch within Sprint my price goes up. If I were to switch to Tmobile, my price would go down.

In my experience, same for Sprint-to-Sprint change (excluding the additional fee for lines not "upgrade" eligible), and an increase of $10 to go to VZN

Neville says crowd source data is more telling than scientifically conducted tested, might have something to do with the results...

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/network-testing.htm

I may do a full rebut later, but Neville backhand slamming the GS7 goes against independent RF testing that praises the GS7 as a great phone. Well, in this case, the RF testing Milan did. The T-Mobile variant is also the only phone working with 4x4 MIMO and 256 QAM. If anything, TMUS had an advantage in the Root testing.

Second point: Root also tests diligently indoors. To say that it is almost exclusively drive testing is a falsehood.

Final point: crowd sourcing almost always slants toward the technologically urban hipster and well heeled financial crowd. It discrimates against both rural and poorer urban areas. Crowd sourced testing has its purpose but so does independently administered testing.

I think Neville should spend a few days exclusively on a Verizon device. That might be illustrative in his case. Their network is still superior to T-Mobile's. The Verizon glory days are still in progress.

• Like 5

Neville says crowd source data is more telling than scientifically conducted tested, might have something to do with the results...

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/network-testing.htm

Not everyone on Verizon download the open signal app. I have a line with them , and I never downloaded the app.Neville never wants to admit defeat. T-Mobile a great network like Verizon yeah right.

• Like 1

Not everyone on Verizon download the open signal app. I have a line with them , and I never downloaded the app.Neville never wants to admit defeat. T-Mobile a great network like Verizon yeah right.

I commend T-Mobile for their progress but it still isn't as good as VZ for overall coverage and reliability. It might be as good on speed in urban areas but I also expect VZ users to be submitting more data into the Ookla database. It will be interesting to see how unlimited changes the data sample.

But if your calls dropped frequently and your texts failed to go through, I'm willing to bet you'd be pretty mad.

Can confirm -- having ongoing intermittent issues with texting for the past few weeks, and I'm pretty mad about it. It will either be outgoing texts stuck sending or incoming texts not being received at all, both fixable only by reboot. Not sure why it's only now becoming an issue in 2017, but I would wager it's related to RCS rollout.

Can confirm -- having ongoing intermittent issues with texting for the past few weeks, and I'm pretty mad about it. It will either be outgoing texts stuck sending or incoming texts not being received at all, both fixable only by reboot. Not sure why it's only now becoming an issue in 2017, but I would wager it's related to RCS rollout.

Are you using Hangouts by chance? What device are you using?

Are you using Hangouts by chance? What device are you using?

Nexus 5, stock Google Messenger. I disabled RCS after the issues started, and it hasn't made any improvement. Also tried profile and PRL updates as well as SCRTN programming reset. It's not any one tower either.

From my use VZW voice is beyond over modulated or compressed. Even on VoLte imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really enjoyed reading Ars Technics's article about T-Mobiles response to Rootmetrics results.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/t-mobile-wants-you-to-ignore-last-place-finish-in-nationwide-network-test/

• Like 7

From my use VZW voice is beyond over modulated or compressed. Even on VoLte imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YMMV but I do not have that experience at all. VoLTE on Verizon has been the best experience that I've had on voice that I have had by far. 

• Like 2

I really enjoyed reading Ars Technics's article about T-Mobiles response to Rootmetrics results.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/t-mobile-wants-you-to-ignore-last-place-finish-in-nationwide-network-test/

Never mind me, I'll just be eating popcorn watching the Magentan vs. Ars commenter violence. 

I'm laying my money on the Ars commenters FWIW.

• Like 1

Fake News™

AJ

• Like 11