Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

A device lease or installment purchase still is a pseudo contract. Terminating service accelerates the remaining lease or installment payments due. In many cases, the remaining balance exceeds that of what would have been the ETF. Many subs are in over their heads on device costs and cannot afford to pay off accelerated balances.

AJ

Another point to add: trade ins still don't often get you to $0. Even if I traded in my Note5, I'd still owe $108 to Verizon before being able to either fly contract free or upgrade a device.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

do they still get yearly device upgrades with this plan?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Didn't know they offered that. My plan I had was a good two years old, they didn't offer that then and totally not sure about the new one.

I'm literally lol. Have been too busy with work recently to post, but I do lurk. You people leaving for Verizon are too funny. Verizon is still Verizon. Don't think for a second you won't be royally f*cked at some point soon. I love how Sprint service was sufficient and then somehow magically wasn't as soon as Verizon brought back unlimited data at what may be a very slightly ​lower price for some of us. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 9

I'm literally lol. Have been too busy with work recently to post, but I do lurk. You people leaving for Verizon are too funny. Verizon is still Verizon. Don't think for a second you won't be royally f*cked at some point soon. I love how Sprint service was sufficient and then somehow magically wasn't as soon as Verizon brought back unlimited data at what may be a very slightly ​lower price for some of us. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

In most cases it's not even lower.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In most cases it's not even lower.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Indeed. And I can vouch for at least Central Virginia when I say Verizon Wireless service sucks. There are so many people using Verizon here that the network literally crawls unless you are using it very, very late in the evening or very, very early in the morning. I continue to test it on a somewhat regular basis and my results have been rather consistent. It'll only get worse as more people pile on!

• Like 2

Indeed. And I can vouch for at least Central Virginia when I say Verizon Wireless service sucks. There are so many people using Verizon here that the network literally crawls unless you are using it very, very late in the evening or very, very early in the morning. I continue to test it on a somewhat regular basis and my results have been rather consistent. It'll only get worse as more people pile on!

Same experience here, I am lucky that I live in a relatively good Sprint market. It's not blazing fast, but it works everywhere I need it to - including when I travel. Anything Sprint offers to existing customers is just gravy for me as long as they continue to provide the best network for my needs.

• Like 3

I'm literally lol. Have been too busy with work recently to post, but I do lurk. You people leaving for Verizon are too funny. Verizon is still Verizon. Don't think for a second you won't be royally f*cked at some point soon. I love how Sprint service was sufficient and then somehow magically wasn't as soon as Verizon brought back unlimited data at what may be a very slightly ​lower price for some of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

? Are too funny? Coverage for me is ok in San Diego with Sprint. Our usage would be cost prohibited using Verizon because our business account averaging 300GB a month for 20 lines. Now Verizon is offering unlimited for 20 lines and we will be paying $600 month, actually cheaper than Sprint with superior coverage in So-Cal...

• Like 3

I'm literally lol. Have been too busy with work recently to post, but I do lurk. You people leaving for Verizon are too funny. Verizon is still Verizon. Don't think for a second you won't be royally f*cked at some point soon. I love how Sprint service was sufficient and then somehow magically wasn't as soon as Verizon brought back unlimited data at what may be a very slightly ​lower price for some of us. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes Sprint's service was sufficient, and some areas it worked well and some areas it didn't but I'm happy I have Verizon. My experience has been amazing thus far. I love volte!!! It's crazy that Verizon and T-Mobile has the least spectrum but their data network is twice as good.

I hope Sprint pulls through and lead the way with 5G. They have so much potential.

• Like 3

I'm literally lol. Have been too busy with work recently to post, but I do lurk. You people leaving for Verizon are too funny. Verizon is still Verizon. Don't think for a second you won't be royally f*cked at some point soon. I love how Sprint service was sufficient and then somehow magically wasn't as soon as Verizon brought back unlimited data at what may be a very slightly ​lower price for some of us. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think a lot of it for me right now is that the network just isn't cutting it lately. My service has been very unreliable data wise in the NYC metro area lately and the CAPEX guidance has not really helped my confidence. Meanwhile Verizon is still king based on just about every test metric, and T-Mobile has really picked up steam. You cannot deny the progress T-Mobile has made these last few years. This is most likely why Son is willing to cede control of Sprint in a merger. Sprint just does not have the competitive edge it had. It is leveraged to the hilt.

I think a lot of it for me right now is that the network just isn't cutting it lately. My service has been very unreliable data wise in the NYC metro area lately and the CAPEX guidance has not really helped my confidence. Meanwhile Verizon is still king based on just about every test metric, and T-Mobile has really picked up steam. You cannot deny the progress T-Mobile has made these last few years. This is most likely why Son is willing to cede control of Sprint in a merger. Sprint just does not have the competitive edge it had. It is leveraged to the hilt.

Speak for yourself, just found 8 new small cells in the Bronx and 2 in Queens and 1 new in bk.

My service is not perfect, but it's been reliable and at times pretty great here in NYC.

• Like 3

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11138/qualcomm-snapdragon-x20-lte-modem-gigabit-for-mobile-devices

In happier news, Qualcomm has introduced X20 which will be making its way into top tier smartphones in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting how the Intel Modem has support for CDMA.

Fact Sheet: https://newsroom.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2017/02/XMM7560-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Qualcomm could very well find itself on the outside for this year's iPhone....

• Like 1

I can think of three places where my Sprint service sucks, otherwise 99% of the time it is great. That's why I didn't want to go to Verizon, I know Sprint has a spectrum advantage and I like rooting for the underdog.

• Like 4

Interesting how the Intel Modem has support for CDMA.

Fact Sheet: https://newsroom.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2017/02/XMM7560-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Qualcomm could very well find itself on the outside for this year's iPhone....

The XMM 7560 has feature parity to the 2017 X16, but probably won't be ready until 2018. By then, Qualcomm will be out with the X20.

What is really pushing Apple toward Intel is the lawyer and intellectual property side of Qualcomm, which is truly unfortunate and only hurts consumers.

Speak for yourself, just found 8 new small cells in the Bronx and 2 in Queens and 1 new in bk.

My service is not perfect, but it's been reliable and at times pretty great here in NYC.

They could add some around Fordham University then! Speeds have really been on the decline lately, although I was told it was an "on-going issue". Also from the Woodlawn Metro-North Station to about Mount Vernon there is another prolonged outage according to the representative I spoke with. I will say I never have any Sprint issues in Manhattan, but in the Bronx Zoo, Fordham area, it definitely needs work. I really do want Sprint to succeed, but recent results from RootMetrics and others are not showing this to be the case unfortunately. 

They could add some around Fordham University then! Speeds have really been on the decline lately, although I was told it was an "on-going issue". Also from the Woodlawn Metro-North Station to about Mount Vernon there is another prolonged outage according to the representative I spoke with. I will say I never have any Sprint issues in Manhattan, but in the Bronx Zoo, Fordham area, it definitely needs work. I really do want Sprint to succeed, but recent results from RootMetrics and others are not showing this to be the case unfortunately. 

*Source­(s) indicate a high probability of a the number of 90XS designations around those locations*   ;)

• Like 4

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/01/28/the-chronological-history-of-how-qualcomm-became-t.aspx

Holy crap, Qualcomm is a foul bunch... no wonder why Apple and Samsung are moving away from them (Samsung in markets other than US, Japan, and China).

I can think of three places where my Sprint service sucks, otherwise 99% of the time it is great. That's why I didn't want to go to Verizon, I know Sprint has a spectrum advantage and I like rooting for the underdog.

That's good. Volte was a factor for me because I need it for my job. I was getting tired of the "it's in the pipeline" response lol

• Like 1

What do you see under "Change My Plan"....

The Sprint Website is a disaster for legacy content.

You dont say!

I was just on the phone with customer support for 40 minutes....

In January, we purchased a 2-year upgrade iPhone for $299.

Credit card gets charged ~$350 after taxes. Great! Transaction finished!

So now we get bill showing a $299 equipment charge. OH NO YOU DIDNT. Why are we being charged twice?

Well, turns out the $350 credit card charge, which was for the new phone and taxes was actually charged against the bill before autopay could come in. It in turn cancelled autopay and resulted in a negative balance.

Then the full month + the iphone showed up on the new bill.

The total adds up, but WTF are you doing Sprint accounting!

• Like 1