Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I can't seem to figure out for the life me how to switch to any "new" plans using the optimize tool or any other way. I did find the image above by staying logged in and going to shop for plan but once i click it things seem to be broken and I no longer have access to the plan that includes hotspot. 

Try switch plan not optimize.

6ayMfFG.png

my optimizer is showing $90 for 2 lines, no hotspot, with $10 "SDP" discount (5 each line) plus the auto-pay discounts.

this would be coming from single ed450 + $60 iphone plan with 3g hotspot. ~134 total not including device payment

switch plans offers the new 65 plan with 10g hotspot;

WARNING:

Incl. unlimited domestic Long Distance calling, texting & data that streams video at up to HD 1080p, music at up to 1.5mbps, gaming at up to 8mbps. & 10GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P data. After the 10GB, MHS, VPN & P2P usage limited to 2G speeds

no way I'm switching to any plan that arbitrarily limits vpn just to get extra hotspot

Im still amused at how Sprint decided to end the subsidies and move people to leases which in turn freed people from staying with Sprint.

If Im not stuck on a 2-year contract with a hefty ETF, why WOULDNT I jump to the best available offer on a competitor?

The entire point of contracts and ETFs was to tie people in. From a business perspective, removing the 2-year contract makes no sense.

A device lease or installment purchase still is a pseudo contract.  Terminating service accelerates the remaining lease or installment payments due.  In many cases, the remaining balance exceeds that of what would have been the ETF.  Many subs are in over their heads on device costs and cannot afford to pay off accelerated balances.

AJ

• Like 5

A device lease or installment purchase still is a pseudo contract.  Terminating service accelerates the remaining lease or installment payments due.  In many cases, the remaining balance exceeds that of what would have been the ETF.  Many subs are in over their heads on device costs and cannot afford to pay off accelerated balances.

AJ

Of course, as previously discussed, the move to installment plans costs customers more, not saves them money.

Aside from your assertion about customer finances, at least most newer devices once paid off can be used on multiple networks.

If someone doesn't fall for the trick in trading nearly new devices for new ones, they can typically reuse their current device on their new provider.

The only time it might be preferable to trade in your old device, is if it so old that it is not compatible.

A device lease or installment purchase still is a pseudo contract. Terminating service accelerates the remaining lease or installment payments due. In many cases, the remaining balance exceeds that of what would have been the ETF. Many subs are in over their heads on device costs and cannot afford to pay off accelerated balances.

AJ

I ageee. When I hear people say there are no contracts. Umm in a way there is. Some people with many lines hell even one line simply cannot afford to drop more than $350 to leave their carrier. If there wasn't a contract like people claim, these carriers should give people the option to return their device or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is more accurate to say, the contract has been applied to the device directly, instead of the service plan.

If you don't want to be tied to an installment contract, then don't buy/lease phones from your service provider.

Either pay up front, put on a separate credit card, or buy used from craigslist or other sources.

Then you are free to shop any for provider deals 'contract free'.

• Like 1

With my 9 lines, Change Plans on Sprint.com does not offer Unlimited.  Instead it says that current Sprint plans allow only up to 5 lines and that my current plan is optimal.  Verizon sure is looking good!

With my 9 lines, Change Plans on Sprint.com does not offer Unlimited.  Instead it says that current Sprint plans allow only up to 5 lines and that my current plan is optimal.  Verizon sure is looking good!

Sprint needs to get its website working properly for this....

Sometimes you have to call telesales for accounts larger than 5 lines.

When I go to optimize plans I see the same exact plan I have but instead of $113 it's $122, an extra $9 for the exact same features and no 10GB hotspot.

What do you see under "Change My Plan"....

The Sprint Website is a disaster for legacy content.

261dusg.png

That would then be $123 a month for the exact plan I have now which has no restrictions imposed on video audio or gaming. If they wanted to comp me the $10 every month for the line discount because I refuse to do autopay I would consider switching.

With my 9 lines, Change Plans on Sprint.com does not offer Unlimited. Instead it says that current Sprint plans allow only up to 5 lines and that my current plan is optimal. Verizon sure is looking good!

Verizon is a maximum of 5 lines I'm pretty sure. Or at least that's what it was last I checked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Verizon is a maximum of 5 lines I'm pretty sure. Or at least that's what it was last I checked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Verizon will let you do 10 on the unlimited. I am currently working with a rep now and I just asked him.

• Like 2

Well I just battled it out with Sprint chat! How exciting that was, but in the end I got what I wanted more or less, I got moved to the new plan all for exactly what I am paying now which is $100 for two lines unlimited, line fees waived. Should have saved the chat transcripts, I was very direct and to the point almost mean about what I wanted but it worked out. Lets see how long it takes to change over they said immediately.

• Like 2

my optimizer is showing $90 for 2 lines, no hotspot, with $10 "SDP" discount (5 each line) plus the auto-pay discounts.

this would be coming from single ed450 + $60 iphone plan with 3g hotspot. ~134 total not including device payment

switch plans offers the new 65 plan with 10g hotspot;

WARNING:

Incl. unlimited domestic Long Distance calling, texting & data that streams video at up to HD 1080p, music at up to 1.5mbps, gaming at up to 8mbps. & 10GB of high-speed Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P data. After the 10GB, MHS, VPN & P2P usage limited to 2G speeds

no way I'm switching to any plan that arbitrarily limits vpn just to get extra hotspot

Did you read the whole sentence?

After the 10GB, MHS, VPN & P2P usage limited to 2G speeds

• Like 1

yes.

So then you should know that Mobile Hotspot, Virtual Private Networks, and Peer 2 Peer usage is ALL limited to 2G speeds when you've reached the 10GB threshold. Not just VPN and P2P. I'm pretty sure that's how all included hotspot plans work on every carrier. Not sure what the issue here is.

-Anthony

• Like 2

The option to add HD Streaming for free is available now in add services for me. It wasn't there earlier.

Another good thing to come out of this is that now we have more tethering than Boost Mobile customers. Remember how they had 8GB of tethering but we didn't?

I desperately want to jump this ship. Can't get parents onboard though, they never had any other service provider than Sprint so they find the whole process complex

"Mommm, our car sucks!  It's embarrassing.  We need a new car."

"No, our car may not be great, but we are fine with it.  If you don't want to be seen in it, you can stop being a kid, be an adult, and go buy your own car."

AJ

• Like 4