Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm switching to Verizon today. Going to get the Kyocera Duraforce Pro, along with the LG Watch Sport on the unlimited data plan with a smartwatch add-on plan. Also, dropping all of AT&T, due to the technicians being no help at all with the Uverse home internet service issues since I upgraded the speed tier. I'm getting Comcast Xfinity on the Extreme 300 tier instead, hoping it'll produce better results than the supposed 45mbps Uverse that ended up being slower than the old 24mbps tier.

• Like 2

Hey, when you've been with Sprint for nearly 20 years and your bill is at $270, and everyone else has better service and the rates are better PLUS integrated tax or free phones, the grass looks much more greener. Sprint isn't terrible but they're not trying to keep us with them, it's like our loyalty means nothing to them meanwhile current customers on other networks get all sorts of bells and whistles. I'm not asking for free stuff on Tuesday or movie tickets for friends or whatever, but if you can cut my rate to $230 and maybe possibly throw in hotspot, that would be pretty nice.

The new plan for existing customers that released/releases today gives you 5 lines unlimited everything + 10gb hotspot for $190. Not sure how many lines you have but you should look into it…

• Like 1

I'm sure people will complain now because they didn't lower the 2 lines for $90 for existing customers.  I just switched to the Unlimited Freedom plan that will go into effect on March 2nd (new billing cycle) and will pay $90 for 2 lines, $100 w/ Autopay, then additional $5 per line discount through my wife's Wellmont Health Systems discount making it $90 for 10GB/hotspot etc.  Thanks Sprint for righting the ship and allowing the extra hotspot data and better tweaked optimized data for streaming!

• Like 5

OK.. maybe I'm in a plan that is better than most or I just don't get these complaints. A year ago I got an email encouraging me too switch my plan to the family share pack - 40 gb shared for $120. Better yet, the access fees for lines 1-4 were waived as long as we stayed on that plan. After an employer discount we pay $96 plus taxes and device fees (one of the phones is free (iphone promotion sprint ran last year with phone trade in), the other one pays $20 and I have the third one through the apple upgrade program). So our bill is about $133 (not including the apple payment) and we dont' get tethered if we go over the twenty whatever gb.

If I were to switch to VZN, I'd have to get two new VZN phones and my montly bill would be at least $60 more per month than I currently pay. We travel a lot internationally and that would add hundreds of dollars each week we spend abroad compared to what we pay now...

So unless I'm missing something, I don't see why these VZN plans are so enticing to some people - at least for me it would cost a ton more and while 40 gb is not unlimited, I have yet to come close to that.

• Like 6

OK.. maybe I'm in a plan that is better than most or I just don't get these complaints. A year ago I got an email encouraging me too switch my plan to the family share pack - 40 gb shared for $120. Better yet, the access fees for lines 1-4 were waived as long as we stayed on that plan. After the discount we pay $96 plus taxes and device fees (one of the phones is free (iphone promotion sprint ran last year with phone trade in), the other one pays $20 and I have the third one through the apple upgrade program). So our bill is about $133 (not including the apple payment) and we dont' get tethered if we go over the twenty whatever gb.

If I were to switch to VZN, I'd have to get two new VZN phones and my montly bill would be at least $60 more per month than I currently pay. We travel a lot internationally and that would add hundreds of dollars each week we spend abroad compared to what we pay now...

So unless I'm missing something, I don't see why these VZN plans are so enticing to some people - at least for me it would cost a ton more and while 40 gb is not unlimited, I have yet to come close to that.

You were lucky to have the access fees waived.

• Like 2

OK.. maybe I'm in a plan that is better than most or I just don't get these complaints. A year ago I got an email encouraging me too switch my plan to the family share pack - 40 gb shared for $120. Better yet, the access fees for lines 1-4 were waived as long as we stayed on that plan. After the discount we pay $96 plus taxes and device fees (one of the phones is free (iphone promotion sprint ran last year with phone trade in), the other one pays $20 and I have the third one through the apple upgrade program). So our bill is about $133 (not including the apple payment) and we dont' get tethered if we go over the twenty whatever gb.

The Verizon plans are so enticing because once a phone is unlocked it can go to pretty much any network with just a SIM swap. Long gone are the days where you have to buy a Verizon phone to use Verizon. For instance the Sprint version of the iPhone 6s will work on any carrier in the USA. Verizon also has a much better network in the USA than Sprint. If Sprint works great for you in your area that is great, but in many areas they are underperforming and they are not spending on improving the network. So for my family our bill per user (not including phone pricing) would just roughly $4 more on Verizon than Sprint. The competition is great.

However, Sprint and T-Mobile will definitely win international roaming no doubt still. Verizon does allow you in many countries to use your domestic plan for $10 a day and Canada and Mexico are free on the unlimited plan. 

Looks like sprint is losing the advantage of having so much MHz.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/65-mhz-fallow-licenses-at-t-s-sees-spectrum-position-as-key-differentiator-vs-peers

Looks like att has been moving quietly.

Lots of shenanigans in that computation. Firstnet should not be counted. Maybe you can use it when PS entities are not using it but you can't count on it. Also they have been deploying WCS. The only spectrum they have not deployed is AWS-3.

• Like 3

The Verizon plans are so enticing because once a phone is unlocked it can go to pretty much any network with just a SIM swap. Long gone are the days where you have to buy a Verizon phone to use Verizon. For instance the Sprint version of the iPhone 6s will work on any carrier in the USA. Verizon also has a much better network in the USA than Sprint. If Sprint works great for you in your area that is great, but in many areas they are underperforming and they are not spending on improving the network. So for my family our bill per user (not including phone pricing) would just roughly $4 more on Verizon than Sprint. The competition is great.

However, Sprint and T-Mobile will definitely win international roaming no doubt still. Verizon does allow you in many countries to use your domestic plan for $10 a day and Canada and Mexico are free on the unlimited plan.

And I gotta say that if VZN only cost about four dollars more than Sprint, I would also switch. But in my case, it's more like $60+ dollars. While we could keep our phones, we would have to pay the ETF that SPrint would charge on the two phones we have payments for with them. AFAIK, VZN will only pay the ETF if I trade in the phones. So definitely not worth it for me....
  • Like 1

Anyone that wants to switch to vzw but is on lease or easypay, if you have available credit card balance, you can simply pay off your phone with sprint and take it to vzw or elsewhere.

I would make sure that the phones are indeed unlocked before porting them over though.

And I gotta say that if VZN only cost about four dollars more than Sprint, I would also switch. But in my case, it's more like $60+ dollars. While we could keep our phones, we would have to pay the ETF that SPrint would charge on the two phones we have payments for with them. AFAIK, VZN will only pay the ETF if I trade in the phones. So definitely not worth it for me....

For me when I switched to vzw this past weekend, it will cost me $8 more per month which is small for the network and quality I gain. Too I unlocked my iPhone 7 plus with Sprint. I didn't want to switch but my data was getting bad in my home and Sprint didn't see a issue for 5 months and repeated calls.

Sidebar:: If you use Sensorly, they have a iOS update that now includes mapping you trip! So hopefully we can see more lte coverage for Sprint on the map!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For me when I switched to vzw this past weekend, it will cost me $8 more per month which is small for the network and quality I gain. Too I unlocked my iPhone 7 plus with Sprint. I didn't want to switch but my data was getting bad in my home and Sprint didn't see a issue for 5 months and repeated calls.

Sidebar:: If you use Sensorly, they have a iOS update that now includes mapping you trip! So hopefully we can see more lte coverage for Sprint on the map!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

were your phones paid off?

I guess the main difference is that we do have that one phone that would cost us a net $590 as it is a free phone so long as we kept it on sprint, yet we'd have to pay the balance if we cancelled our account. So that's the main difference that keeps us with sprint. Big $500+ fee to change to vzn just on that phone.

Im still amused at how Sprint decided to end the subsidies and move people to leases which in turn freed people from staying with Sprint.

If Im not stuck on a 2-year contract with a hefty ETF, why WOULDNT I jump to the best available offer on a competitor?

The entire point of contracts and ETFs was to tie people in. From a business perspective, removing the 2-year contract makes no sense.

I haven't seen anything new since last week.  We're on the ED1500 unlimited plan.

We're getting near 3:45PM on the east coast... and haven't heard anything yet.

Sprint isn't a "value" carrier for current customers when it's the same price or more than the competition. Instead, Sprint is a "value" carrier for new customers.

• Like 1

I've been a Sprint customer for 20 years this year. This is what it shows under plans when I shop for plans when I log in.

xeFZbOt.jpg

Doesn't come up on the "Optimize my plan" page when I log on.

I hope it's better than this...

This is what I see in Optimize My Plan. 

WiYmh4H.png?2

Interesting. We're on a legacy plan and it shows "Unlimited Plan" in the plan optimizer, but it wants to charge $20/line for HD Resolution Upgrade. No mention of anything for Hotspot.

Are other people here on a legacy plan seeing the same?

• Like 1

I can't seem to figure out for the life me how to switch to any "new" plans using the optimize tool or any other way. I did find the image above by staying logged in and going to shop for plan but once i click it things seem to be broken and I no longer have access to the plan that includes hotspot.