Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I tried getting them to give me the $160 for 4 lines deal with waived subsidy fees, we're customers for 18 years. The bill is almost $270 and new people get away with much less. It's ridiculous, they couldn't work something out and they're fine with me switching.

you're taking 4 and I'm taking 12 because of the same issue, also, they're not really updating the network here in Yuma Arizona so I'm out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know?

It's been all over Twitter by the Sprint care Twitter page..they've been saying it all weekend. Just wait until Tuesday, we will reveal our current customer promotion...I asked them why do we have to wait until Tuesday when the other carriers released the same promotions for both new and existing customers..they never replied to that tweet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tuesday is literally less than 24 hours away. Can y'all please stop complaining.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For sure..but Tuesday was 3 days away when they started telling us to wait until Tuesday..lol..now it's almost like Christmas Eve, waiting to see if we get gifts for being loyal or not...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe they'll throw in a free* tablet

*$19.99 a month service charges, 24 months

To be fair, the free Amazon prime they did a year or two ago for existing customers was nice

Yeah, we got a few free years of Prime out of that.

Maybe they'll throw in a free* tablet

*$19.99 a month service charges, 24 months

To be fair, the free Amazon prime they did a year or two ago for existing customers was nice

That was nice, but nothing nice ever happened again. I remember them alluding to this being a recurring giveaway to counter T-Mobile Tuesdays but it just quietly went away after their first week.

I tried getting them to give me the $160 for 4 lines deal with waived subsidy fees, we're customers for 18 years. The bill is almost $270 and new people get away with much less. It's ridiculous, they couldn't work something out and they're fine with me switching.

No carrier is going to knock $110 dollars/month off of your bill for loyalty purposes. Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

I'm definitely sympathetic with Sprint customers who feel they are getting treated unfairly by Sprint during these recent plan changes/revelations. However, since Sprint is saying they'll have an announcement on Tuesday, I suggest wait until then and find out what Sprint has to offer. If its a good deal, then great! In that case, Sprint will have shown some appreciation by offering something valuable and worthwhile in maintaining service with Sprint. Yet, if Sprint does something that is unsatisfactory, perhaps it is a good time to consider switching to another carrier.

I might be doing so on Tuesday, if AT&T doesn't fix the mess they made of my Uverse home internet service upgrade I had done over a week ago. I upgraded from the 24mbps to 45mbps internet, and am getting worse speeds now than I was before the upgrade, which I think is due to both a bad gateway model (Pace 5268ac), I'm wanting replaced by a much better gateway model (Arris NVG599), along with a thorough checkup of the outside lines and the V-rad.

If it doesn't get fixed, I'm dropping everything with them and going with the Extreme 150 with Comcast/Xfinity for $59.99 monthly, then an unlimited data line with smartwatch service with Verizon for $90 monthly. AT&T appears to be worsening from the looks of it based on the reports from OpenSignal. Those were very surprising to see how far behind AT&T is in contrast with T-Mobile and Verizon. Yet despite this, AT&T is charging more. Sad.

• Like 1

Well guys I crossed over to he dark side. I really didn't want to leave Sprint but I had no choice due to my data issues for the past 5 months. Even though I'm with Verizon, I am still going to stay active on this site because I'm still rooting for Sprint and it's progress I hope they will make this year. You never know I may end up back with them down the road.

I ported from VZW about 6 weeks ago -- just talked to their Winback team -- not including device payments just data/voice etc ... VZW is 60 more per month. The coverage is far better with V but speeds are all over the map between the two. And I assume next march the difference is about 35 bucks.

I don't really know what to do.

10 years with Sprint and I am saying farewell to them.   I signed up with Verizon last night.   Just waiting for our new phones to come in before it's final.    I loved Sprint and wanted to see them turn into the #1 or #2 carrier, but after years of slow LTE buildout, and them not caring for current customers, I just had to say goodbye once Verizon brought this deal back.    

I don't post much, but I'll still be around to read up on Sprint.   I like going for the underdog, so I hope Sprint fixes it's issues soon.   Maybe one day I'll be back on Sprint, but till then, I'll be on Verizon.

• Like 13

So 2 days ago I tried to upgrade online and couldn't because the final continue button was not showing up, so I started a chat and they said they could do it. Going from the 60GB Family shared plan of $130 with add on and fees totaling $180 down to the Unlimited plan advertised of $100. The rep advise me that I can do it at that moment or wait until the 26th when my new cycle starts. If I wait I won't get prorated charges, so I said okay, set it up for that date. She also said that if I wait, the free streaming video add-on would be included. I rechecked with chat yesterday and today to see if it is still scheduled and they said yes.

So I sit and wait, and if anything goes wrong before that date (as in folks having issues or the terms as shown in that Reddit screenshot posted by member Paynefanbro a while back not being the same) then I can just cancel the change before the 26th.

Either way I'll stay with Sprint. I've seen a few folks leave for other carriers this past year to only find out the service isn't that great or the price was not as expected.

grassgreener.jpg

Verizon has burned too many folks in the past and I am not one to be another statistic on that list.

TS out

• Like 7

I started playing with the premium caller ID feature that is available on the HTC bolt (and maybe others).  Surprisingly, it works even when not connected to LTE.  I had it successfully identify a call (full name and city and state)  even while on just 1x800 (no EVDO).  Anyone know how this works?  I believe it was thought that it needed to be connected to LTE for this information to come in fast enough to be displayed during an active, ringing call but this is obviously not the case.

Anyone else getting more spam calls than ever before in the past few months? I'm beginning to suspect that maybe Sprint has sold our numbers to 3rd party companies or they've been compromised.

It's always random calls with automated machines or a quick ring with no one one the other end at least once every two days. The reason I'm suspecting Sprint being behind this is due to some of the lines on my account receiving automated machines that specifically mention my name (this is a first!). I have never associated my name with any number other than my own on anything I do. The only company that would know that my name is linked to the numbers that have received these calls is Sprint!

So what the hell Sprint?! I do paperless billing, so I doubt someone went through my mail and stole my info and numbers on my account. This is shady as hell and Sprint is the only one that would have known. Fortunately, Google Dialer has a nice way of weeding out Spam numbers, but it still bugging the shit out of me.

• Like 8

Anyone else getting more spam calls than ever before in the past few months? I'm beginning to suspect that maybe Sprint has sold our numbers to 3rd party companies or they've been compromised.

It's always random calls with automated machines or a quick ring with no one one the other end at least once every two days. The reason I'm suspecting Sprint being behind this is due to some of the lines on my account receiving automated machines that specifically mention my name (this is a first!). I have never associated my name with any number other than my own on anything I do. The only company that would know that my name is linked to the numbers that have received these calls is Sprint!

So what the hell Sprint?! I do paperless billing, so I doubt someone went through my mail and stole my info and numbers on my account. This is shady as hell and Sprint is the only one that would have known. Fortunately, Google Dialer has a nice way of weeding out Spam numbers, but it still bugging the shit out of me.

I've been getting a bunch of spam calls too as of late. A lot of them are from all different states across the US according to Caller ID. They're all automated and seem to be pretending to be from "consumer services". It's really annoying, especially when they decide to call me at 6 in the morning or after 10 at night.

-Anthony

• Like 4

I've been getting a bunch of spam calls too as of late. A lot of them are from all different states across the US according to Caller ID. They're all automated and seem to be pretending to be from "consumer services". It's really annoying, especially when they decide to call me at 6 in the morning or after 10 at night.

-Anthony

I just find it odd that an automated machine asked for my name on a number that is under my account...yet I have never claimed the number as mine. If I sign up for something, I always use my personal number. The only other culprit I can think of is Assurion, but I have never paid for insurance on the number that received the call.
  • Like 1

Yes I have as well. I dont answer them though.

Some have even come where the first 6 digits are the same as my phone number (area code + first 3)

Especially in the last week. Ive been trying to figure out how they got my number

• Like 1

I wonder if they are getting it off a caller ID list. 

You can change the name. https://support.sprint.com/support/article/Change_your_caller_ID_name/case-wh164052-20100907-100931 Maybe change it to some simpsons prank call name reference to see if that is where it comes from. 

Spam calls, especially robocalls, have been a big issue in the past year or so for not only sprint but others as well.

I've defaulted to not speaking for at least ten seconds when I pick up calls. Basically if it's a robocaller they will automatically disconnect after 10 seconds if it hears no voice response.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Spam calls, especially robocalls, have been a big issue in the past year or so for not only sprint but others as well.

I've defaulted to not speaking for at least ten seconds when I pick up calls. Basically if it's a robocaller they will automatically disconnect after 10 seconds if it hears no voice response.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah similarly, on unknown calls I always try to wait until the caller speaks before saying hello or anything.

If it isn't a spam caller, its usually an old lady with a wrong number or someone who sounds high or drunk.

• Like 1

-Anthony

I just find it odd that an automated machine asked for my name on a number that is under my account...yet I have never claimed the number as mine. If I sign up for something, I always use my personal number. The only other culprit I can think of is Assurion, but I have never paid for insurance on the number that received the call.

Most are robocalls placed from automated dialers that rapidly call entire blocks of numbers. They spoof the caller ID (illegal as hell), and are nearly untraceable.

If they say your name, it is almost certainly a coincidence - they are dialing hundreds or thousands of calls per hour, and have absolutely no idea who they are calling.

I don't get any spam/robo calls from wireless carriers or insurers, but I do get several of them from Marriott for some reason. I try not to ever stay at Marriott, as I don't like their hotels very much, though I'm figuring that perhaps this is happening as a result of Marriott buying SPG/Starwood, which owns Westin I stay at often.