Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It hurts. But it all makes sense now what Sprint has been doing to prepare for a sale. Pay off debt, add customers for valuation, cut costs...

Maybe they'll name the company SprinTmobile.

Or we could be totally wrong on this and the government won't let it happen,

Well, I'm still thinking it won't happen. If DT buys Sprint though, it goes through that way and all, I'll probably be back on T-Mobile. The network ought to be pretty amazing at that point.

I can't wait to see the welcome basket Legere offers all of us once we come aboard. He's gonna be happy to have an extra 30M postpaid subs. I wonder what's gonna happen to Virgin & Boost..

Hopefully he'd combine them. It would be odd having three prepaid brands, Boost, Metro, Virgin

Am I missing something? I pay $120/month. We get a $24 discount so we pay $96 plus tax for three lines that share 40gb. - there's about $20 in fees and taxes. And as far as I know sprint is the only one that has a plan like the open world plan that has free calls in Latin America. Why would I want to switch at this point...

Doesn't T-Mobile have a free global roaming plan as well? I do not know what countries it specifically covers, but my sister's family had free coverage in much of the Caribbean. I do love Open World though.

Doesn't T-Mobile have a free global roaming plan as well? I do not know what countries it specifically covers, but my sister's family had free coverage in much of the Caribbean. I do love Open World though.

They do. But don't have free calls.
  • Like 1

Wow, I called it again. I said that this VZW's unlimited plan announcement would likely give TMUS/S more reason to merge and no one acknowledged my comment.

Well, if I turn out to be correct regarding AT&T, I'll expect to receive some free fine wine! ????

What is the video streaming rate for existing ED1500 Unlimited data folks?  Is there a way for me to determine this on my own? (HTC One M9, if that matters)

There shouldn't be any limits on any of your data for ED1500. Excluding Deprioritization.

• Like 2

Looks like Marcelo has something coming for existing unlimited data users...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/832703440866402304

Looking forward to seeing what it will be. I wish it had been announced at the same time. Perhaps there was a reason it wasn't, but I'm not sure what that reason would be. Was the backlash greater than expected?

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing what it will be. I wish it had been announced at the same time. Perhaps there was a reason it wasn't, but I'm not sure what that reason would be. Was the backlash greater than expected?

A brand new car!!!!!!!!  :lol:

• Like 4

Marcelo says something is in the works for current Unlimited customers:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/832703440866402304

I say Sprint has 1 chance to not screw this up like ATT did with their unlimited plan.  It better be good because hopefully Sprint is going to feel the heat about the porting out numbers this weekend defecting to other carriers.

• Like 1

I say Sprint has 1 chance to not screw this up like ATT did with their unlimited plan.  It better be good because hopefully Sprint is going to feel the heat about the porting out numbers this weekend defecting to other carriers.

Sprint has way too many SOC's for Billing. It must be an administrative and database nightmare. Hopefully this plan converts a large cross-section of people to a better plan at better pricing. It'll have to work for Legacy customers and more current plan customers.

• Like 3

Sprint has way too many SOC's for Billing. It must be an administrative and database nightmare. Hopefully this plan converts a large cross-section of people to a better plan at better pricing. It'll have to work for Legacy customers and more current plan customers.

That is part of the reason why Sprint should look at it as an incentive to want to get people to jump off of their legacy plans until a simplified Unlimited Freedom plan to reduce their SOCs.  But the problem is Sprint has to open the opportunity to allow current customers to take advantage of it or else nothing is going to be done about it.  

With the removal of 2 year contracts, which I am sure was the main reason why people were hanging to dear life to their legacy plans, it makes sense now to try to get people to convert to the new plans.  The only thing that I wish Sprint would make a change to their Unlimited Freedom plan is to improve their bogus 2G streaming speeds after 10 GB.   I mean seriously 32 kbps which is basically nothing should not even been allowed.  At least make it 128 kbps to make it somewhat useful.

• Like 3

Sons given up on Sprint. It's now all about get as many customers and clear up as much debt. I hate to hear that. Maybe it's all a lie in some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all been coming to this. Capex is down, debt is getting paid, and only enough is being done to keep the ship afloat.

Buh bye Kansas. Hello Bellevue...Maybe I'll stick around to see what happens with the new German overlords. T-Mobile does have better cell site density and generous PCS and AWS spectrum in Texas. Just in Houston, a combined T-Mobile/Sprint would be able to offer Carrier Aggregation on 20x20 + 20x20 on Band2/4. That's one hell of a combination.

• Like 2

Wow, I called it again. I said that this VZW's unlimited plan announcement would likely give TMUS/S more reason to merge and no one acknowledged my comment.

The merge was in play for several months, since Sprint wasn't spending money on their network. The VZ unlimited data was basically the final nail on the coffin.

A company ready to sell do this:

Cut massive budgets, and spending

Start paying down the debt

Acquire customers even if they are discount ones to make the sale more attractive

Finally Did anyone here assume Marcelo was going to stay in Kansas City long term? Nothing wrong with the city, but this dude is a Miami party man.

• Like 4

The merge was in play for several months, since Sprint wasn't spending money on their network. The VZ unlimited data was basically the final nail on the coffin.

A company ready to sell do this:

Cut massive budgets, and spending

Start paying down the debt

Acquire customers even if they are discount ones to make the sale more attractive

Finally Did anyone here assume Marcelo was going to stay in Kansas City long term? Nothing wrong with the city, but this dude is a Miami party man.

Those 3 things aren't indicative of a sale. They're just indicative of a company that's trying to right their ship. If I inherited any company that was in a poor financial situation and was losing customers, I would obviously want to reverse that.

It's all been coming to this. Capex is down, debt is getting paid, and only enough is being done to keep the ship afloat.

Buh bye Kansas. Hello Bellevue...Maybe I'll stick around to see what happens with the new German overlords. T-Mobile does have better cell site density and generous PCS and AWS spectrum in Texas. Just in Houston, a combined T-Mobile/Sprint would be able to offer Carrier Aggregation on 20x20 + 20x20 on Band2/4. That's one hell of a combination.

In the world of 5G 2500mhz is going to be better. Sprint/Mobile has to divest some spectrum and I say aws since sprint towers would need new equipment to run it but band 25 could easily be converted to band 2. Gotta think long term

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Arysyn, in a world where your crockpot theory comes true, I would give you $20

Alright, I'll hold you to that, and if I'm correct, please include a crockpot when you send me the $20. I might paint the T-Mobile logo superimposed with the AT&T logo on it and take a photo of it to show on S4GRU!