Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I thought Verizon never offered SVLTE?

They did. My HTC Rezound did it before I came to Sprint. My buddies HTC One does it on his phone still. Brags how he can use Hotspot and phone at same time...but it's a major battery drain. 

Sprint is definitely listening on social media, especially twitter. Tweeting them about a local tower issue caused them call me up on the phone and request more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Their G+ team is a joke. They post stuff and then vanish. Most of the posts are filled with troll comments. Legitimate questions go unanswered. Heck, T-Mobile uses Sprint posts to recruit Sprint customers who don't get support from Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Their G+ team is a joke. They post stuff and then vanish. Most of the posts are filled with troll comments. Legitimate questions go unanswered. Heck, T-Mobile uses Sprint posts to recruit Sprint customers who don't get support from Sprint.

some would say g+ is a joke in itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I don't think it is fair to suggest that G+ is a legitimate support channel at this point. At best it is an experiment.

• Like 1

I like Google+ more than other social networks. It blends whats good about Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr together. It's capable of being used as a place to just post stuff like Facebook, or you can use it as a blog almost. Android Headlines generates most of its activity over on Google+ as opposed to their website. You actually get to see posts that you find relevant and you can group them by category which makes organization better.

• Like 7

Phyllis Rios!  Ha ha ha!

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Reading the lease terms for the iPhone for life deal. It states : "Standards for Wear and Use: The following will be considered unreasonable or excess wear and use of the Goods: damaged, scratched or cracked housing or display; display or touchscreen malfunctions; cracked camera lens; damaged charger port; damage caused by exposure to liquid; corrosion or discoloration of any part of the Goods; damage to memory ports; hardware or software alterations; and any other malfunction, failure or damage caused by misuse or mistreatment of the Goods. Unreasonable or excess wear and use of the Goods may result in a charge to you upon return of the Goods."

So basically it seems it's not a good idea to use this device without a case and return in immaculate condition?

Reading the lease terms for the iPhone for life deal. It states : "Standards for Wear and Use: The following will be considered unreasonable or excess wear and use of the Goods: damaged, scratched or cracked housing or display; display or touchscreen malfunctions; cracked camera lens; damaged charger port; damage caused by exposure to liquid; corrosion or discoloration of any part of the Goods; damage to memory ports; hardware or software alterations; and any other malfunction, failure or damage caused by misuse or mistreatment of the Goods. Unreasonable or excess wear and use of the Goods may result in a charge to you upon return of the Goods."

So basically it seems it's not a good idea to use this device without a case and return in immaculate condition?

That's not how I interpreted it. Anything outside of normal wear and tear is what they're getting at. I.e. The device was obviously mistreated/abused.

• Like 1

That's not how I interpreted it. Anything outside of normal wear and tear is what they're getting at. I.e. The device was obviously mistreated/abused.

Yeah - I mean sprint has to "over" word it as to have no issues down the road.

Yeah - I mean sprint has to "over" word it as to have no issues down the road.

My guess is the standard is no different then what they accept for trade in.  No water damage, screen not cracked, turns on. 

• Like 2

New Loyalty Discount from Sprint for iPhone lease:

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-existing-customers-can-lease-an-iphone-6-for-5-a-month/

Definitely glad they're not forgetting loyal customers!

Wow! Thats pretty impressive. $120 over 24 months will get you a iPhone 6...I might jump on this for my wife.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-existing-customers-can-lease-an-iphone-6-for-5-a-month/

Makes you wonder what us Sprint Android lifers are gonna receive....speculation starts......NOW!
  • Like 3

Re/Code is not impressed:

http://recode.net/2014/10/14/sprint-offers-360-credit-for-gullible-existing-customers/

The problem is, for most existing customers, that’s actually no deal at all. They would be better off paying $20 per month for the leased iPhone and taking advantage of Sprint’s $50 per month iPhone plan, which includes unlimited data, talk and texting.

Most of Sprint’s prior unlimited plans cost more than the $70 per month customers pay with Sprint’s current offer. Plus they would still be paying an extra $5 per month to lease the new iPhone.
  • Like 2