Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

https://np.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/5to84t/introducing_verizon_unlimited/

Multi plan $100. $20 for each smartphone. My cousin doesn't have full details so cannot confirm. Waiting on more nfo tomorrow.

I edited my post above to contain the link from Verizon that was posted earlier. It would be beyond surprising if VZW would be willing to destroy it's margins to gain market share at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I feel like we're all traitors lol. I'm sure Marcelo is looking at these comments like

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/56/7b/5f567b0a162453399f8af1cb564f8139.gif

But in all seriousness, I'm curious to see how Masa will respond. Sprint's network plans sound promising (on paper) this year but we all know how they are when it comes to execution.

As far as I can tell, Marcelo doesn't seem to appreciate that he's comparing Sprint's promotional pricing, which is only available to new customers.

With Verizon's new Unlimited plan, it's as important to keep current customers as it is to get new ones... I hoping he'll pay attention to that.

• Like 5

As far as I can tell, Marcelo doesn't seem to appreciate that he's comparing Sprint's promotional pricing, which is only available to new customers.

With Verizon's new Unlimited plan, it's as important to keep current customers as it is to get new ones... I hoping he'll pay attention to that.

The general doesn't know which battle he is fighting on the battlefield.

• Like 2

I'm glad to see this competition. Sprint is still in an excellent spectrum position.

However, Marcelo needs to have SoftBank start kicking in major funding for CapEx to accelerate network deployment. This is going to be an interesting few weeks to see what Sprint does.

I completely agree that Marcelo needs to do this, but I believe he's already tried. He still needs to try more, at least in the interim, knowing Masayoshi Son wants to spare too much money on Sprint right now, due to possible planning for a T-Mobile merger.

Yet, if Sprint were to spend on network development, as I believe they should, that would put them in a much better position, especially considering Sprint's superior spectrum position. Sprint ought to do everything they can to get band 41 deployed on all towers currently at least that, then decide whether to spend on new towers or not dependant on its status regarding T-Mobile merger possibilities.

I'd like Sprint to at least announce an intent on a merger with T-Mobile, despite that I agree with those here wanting Sprint not to focus on a merger, because an attempt I believe will get AT&T to try again for T-Mobile, which if happens, Sprint should back off and work on network deployment. They could easily be the best with the spectrum they have, if only located on all existing towers, then plan to develop more.

• Like 3

Verizon just set it off. So much for Sprint's 12 month $90 tease.

Network strain? Bring it on. Verizon will have another justification for a mega merger or buyout which nets spectrum.

Spot On!

I think this will happen, the first possibly with Dish. I think this is a great move on Verizon's part bringing back unlimited data, but they may run into a spectrum crunch soon enough with success in this plan. Dish would give them the extra spectrum they need, which in building more competition to AT&T hopefully will produce the results I believe will happen.

I edited my post above to contain the link from Verizon that was posted earlier. It would be beyond surprising if VZW would be willing to destroy it's margins to gain market share at this point.

Pricing most likely confirmed. Was able to add 5 lines in cart for $200 with auto pay.

If I switch I would save $40 with the free phone deal with trade in all while gaining more coverage and much faster speeds in way more places. Plus volte support and 10 gigs hotspot. Thank you Sprint and T-Mobile for making this happen. If the S8 was out I would be all over this.

• Like 3

I am just shocked that they included the 10GB of mobile hotspot. The pricing is really good. I really do not know how Sprint can compete. This is a major shock to the system. Love them or hate them, you cannot say Verizon does not have the best network in the country. 

• Like 1

But on a realistic note, what people forget is that this plan goes directly against T-Mobile's unlimited data plan, rather than Sprint. I hate to say it but in most urban markets it's usually T-Mobile vs. Verizon, and Sprint & AT&T picking up the rest. This will stem the tide of Verizon defectors, and also entice some folks to come back. 

As for me personally, I carry a Verizon phone as well as my Sprint phone for work, and travel the country on business travel. Very rarely do I run into a place where my Sprint phone doesn't work as well, so it's not worth the expense to switch.

• Like 4

So much for Sprint spending $200 Million on TIDAL.... should have put that into CapEx or paid off debt with it. The move looks pretty ill-timed with this development.

Verizon's move here is really serious, and I'm not sure Marcelo realizes it... or if he has, he hasn't said anything yet.

So far, he's retweeted someone else who called the Verizon CEO "a snoozer": https://twitter.com/sprintsback/status/830967531691139072

Sprint's at the $60/month price point for one line because it has mobile optimized video. Add in the $20/month upgrade for HD Streaming and you hit $80/month.... which is Verizon's Price Point for Unlimited with HD Video.

Combine that with Sprint offering 5GB of Tethering vs Verizon's 10GB and Sprint has some work to do to respond with a competitive offer.

• Like 8

But on a realistic note, what people forget is that this plan goes directly against T-Mobile's unlimited data plan, rather than Sprint. I hate to say it but in most urban markets it's usually T-Mobile vs. Verizon, and Sprint & AT&T picking up the rest. This will stem the tide of Verizon defectors, and also entice some folks to come back. 

As for me personally, I carry a Verizon phone as well as my Sprint phone for work, and travel the country on business travel. Very rarely do I run into a place where my Sprint phone doesn't work as well, so it's not worth the expense to switch.

It's important to compare the pricing for Verizon's Unlimited (with HD Streaming) to Sprint's Unlimited Freedom Premium (HD Streaming) pricing.

Verizon= Unlimited 4 lines is $180/month (with AutoPay). 10 GB of Hotspot per line.

Sprint= Unlimited Freedom Premium 4 lines is $240/month (with AutoPay). 5 GB of Hotspot per line.

Sprint= Unlimited Freedom 4 lines is $160/month (with AutoPay). 5 GB of Hotspot per line.

• Like 5

Or be like me and stayed with the $70 unlimited plan with 3gb of tethering that doesn't have restrictions but gets prioritized when the network is congested which is a rarity.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So much for Sprint spending $200 Million on TIDAL.... should have put that into CapEx or paid off debt with it. The move looks pretty ill-timed with this development.

Verizon's move here is really serious, and I'm not sure Marcelo realizes it... or if he has, he hasn't said anything yet.

So far, he's retweeted someone else who called the Verizon CEO "a snoozer": https://twitter.com/sprintsback/status/830967531691139072

Sprint's at the $60/month price point for one line because it has mobile optimized video. Add in the $20/month upgrade for HD Streaming and you hit $80/month.... which is Verizon's Price Point for Unlimited with HD Video.

Combine that with Sprint offering 5GB of Tethering vs Verizon's 10GB and Sprint has some work to do to respond with a competitive offer.

I did see some tweet by Marcelo but it was simply "corny" at best.

As I said before vzw could have timed the release differently and it probably would have crushed sprint/Tmo if this was tied in with the new samsung release as a promo.

Most people are stuck paying for phones and won't switch I do love the idea and hopefully sprint comes back with the "framily" pricing as that would be the equivalent @45 a line.

I can't wait to see how this turns out

• Like 1

Even the 5 line for $90 promo is not going to be good enough since after a year it goes up to $180. Verizon is 200 for 5 lines and HD streaming with no extra charge. Add in increased coverage, data speeds faster (in more places) VoLTE, the most small cells of any carrier, free phone with trade in, 10 gb hotspot and unlimited 3g after. My god I dont know what to do. I wonder how long Verizon plans to keep unlimited around and how much damage its going to do to the network? I will say this again Sprint spending less than 20% on network capex compared to Verizon is not doing them any favors. They say surgical network deployment but there are so many towers in need of capacity upgrades this method is going to take forever.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Even the 5 line for $90 promo is not going to be good enough since after a year it goes up to $180. Verizon is 200 for 5 lines and HD streaming with no extra charge. Add in increased coverage, data speeds faster (in more places) VoLTE, the most small cells of any carrier, free phone with trade in, 10 gb hotspot and unlimited 3g after. My god I dont know what to do. I wonder how long Verizon plans to keep unlimited around and how much damage its going to do to the network? I will say this again Sprint spending less than 20% on network capex compared to Verizon is not doing them any favors. They say surgical network deployment but there are so many towers in need of capacity upgrades this method is going to take forever.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sprint needs to adjust its pricing and offering to match Verizon on hotspot and remove the 480p cap, put it at 720p for HD and still can keep the price at 60 for the first line, 40 for the second line etc.  

• Like 2