Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Click on the spark (box) and it seems like it's a new web site design. Very old MS metro looking. Unless that's what always happened at that link.

I like it I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That http://faster.sprint.com has always been like that. It's like one of their Blog Sites.

• Like 1

sorry about that....

Thanks for the info

Ah...No worries at all! Just figured i'd shoot ya an FYI...:-)...As for the home page...I keep refreshing and noticing other elements popping up on the page...I was hoping for a new coverage map....Shoot...LOL

• Like 1

Just a thought though. I'm trying to sign in and it won't let me. Maybe they're adding the ability to add the unlimited plans/change to them instead of having to chat. That would be nice.

• Like 1

That's actually my biggest issue, the need to toggle airplane mode through out the day....

Absolutely no need for it imho. :-)

Not only to toggle back LTE but a lot of times I had to toggle the airplane mode to even get the data working in certain area.
  • Like 1

This is an interesting tactic to go after a growth demographic:

link to PR coverage by MarketWatch

This is potentially a really big deal here in Texas if Sprint can get the word out enough. A lot of families I know have an AT&T plan etc for their iPhones and then a cheapo flip phone + calling card for their calls to relatives in Mexico. I'm sure they would consider changing carriers to 1) save money and 2) save complication

• Like 1

While I like that Sprint is doing this at a fast break speed, I actually do not like the name. It makes it look like its only geared to Mexico. Why not call it America Connected and More Plan or Connected Americas & More plan since its basically quite a few countries in North, Central and South America.

TS

• Like 2

While I like that Sprint is doing this at a fast break speed, I actually do not like the name. It makes it look like its only geared to Mexico. Why not call it America Connected and More Plan or Connected Americas & More plan since its basically quite a few countries in North, Central and South America.

TS

I'm assuming it's because Mexico is the biggest country out of the bunch? Or maybe it's geared towards certain markets? Or maybe they couldn't think of anything better? Who knows. 

Not sure how well it will work here in NJ to add subs. There are a ton of Guatemalans here but from what I can tell they already tend to use Sprint mostly through Boost.

Did anyone see Marcelos retweet about 500 mins to Latin america through 2015?

I guess it was announced Friday? I totally missed that.

The link to the press release was posted in this thread the other day. The 500 free minutes are only for new customers (and only through 2015). It's a $5/month add-on for existing customers (and for everyone after 2015).

The link to the press release was posted in this thread the other day. The 500 free minutes are only for new customers (and only through 2015). It's a $5/month add-on for existing customers (and for everyone after 2015).

Even at $5/mo, it's still waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the other carriers to call Latin America.

Even at $5/mo, it's still waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the other carriers to call Latin America.

Yeah, I wasn't saying $5/month isn't a good deal. I was just clarifying it for TheCUJuan because the retweet he referred to just said 500 free minutes and I didn't know if he saw the press release to know it only applied for new customers.

Cue stupid T-Mobile fanboy comments!

• Like 2

Cue stupid T-Mobile fanboy comments!

He's already commented. At least these lay offs come with a decent severance package and opportunities for different job positions. If I remember correctly, these guys aren't just thrown on the street with a good bye check. Sprint helps them find new jobs.

• Like 4

Just to be clear this isn't exactly "new" news. These are the same cuts that were reported at the end of last week.

• Like 1

He's already commented. At least these lay offs come with a decent severance package and opportunities for different job positions. If I remember correctly, these guys aren't just thrown on the street with a good bye check. Sprint helps them find new jobs.

He'd be on to something if the old bonehead management team wasn't already laid off.

• Like 1

When you say "he" are you referring to "S. Ali"?  If so, that is as predictable as the changing tides, though not quite as interesting to bear witness to.

• Like 3