Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint is certainly being the aggressor here and it's making positive change. Even Verizon reacted! The last time Verizon reacted to something so quickly was with the EDGE program.

I'm sure Sprint's new double data plan made waves at VZW.

But I'd speculate vzw planned this after the ATT promo.

Which is also what triggered Sprint promo too.

But yeah this cycle is great for consumers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which is fine, until T, Tmo and S starting taking subscribers.  For V to pull a higher churn rate could impact stock price up to 4-5% which investors don't like.

Yeah, but V might take the position that they lost the value seeking customer and not the premium customer. They may be ok with that.

• Like 2

Yeah, but V might take the position that they lost the value seeking customer and not the premium customer. They may be ok with that.

I would agree with that thought process until they came out with a competitive pricing plan today. Interesting that it was on Oct 1st.

Shareholders are like sharks. Blood is blood ;-)

I agree. But if V can show how some addition from subtraction then they will be fine for the short term.

I would agree with that thought process until they came out with a competitive pricing plan today. Interesting that it was on Oct 1st.

Is it really competitive? Verizon has had a habit of style over substance of late.

Lol. Good thinking Johnny

@JohnLegere: You know our 4x100 w/ 10GB LTE offer? Yeah, it’s no longer expired. #rundontwalk

the 4/100GB offer was extended around September 25th, around the time at&t announced the double data promo they changed the expiration to 10/28. 

Yes it is. But if I am reading this right it matches AT&T. Lets see if they double down to match Sprint.

Only way I see that occurring is if Sprint's new network eventually lived up to the hype

In my local area it's still pretty poor, it's 800 LTE covered but 60% of the time reverts to 3G at less than 500kb speed.

But I'm hoping it gets better :-)

Really? I just don't see it, not at all. Where are you that Sprint service is so bad? I believe you, of course, but I just am curious. Is it that way all over your state (Connecticut)?

Really? I just don't see it, not at all. Where are you that Sprint service is so bad? I believe you, of course, but I just am curious. Is it that way all over your state (Connecticut)?

Sort of at least the sections I frequently go to.

The NW area has always been problematic- even with new LTE the equipment is down for maintenance weekly round robin style between each tower. The local 3rd party reseller says they don't get much info other than yup it stinks. Sprint closed all corp locations in the area. We have had lte for about 8 months.

Newer parts that are turning on lte like in Bristol area are decent and improving. But the flip flopping to 3G hurts.

Not ranting :-)

• Like 1

The NW area has always been problematic- even with new LTE the equipment is down for maintenance weekly round robin style between each tower. The local 3rd party reseller says they don't get much info other than yup it stinks. Sprint closed all corp locations in the area. We have had lte for about 8 months.

Newer parts that are turning on lte like in Bristol area are decent and improving. But the flip flopping to 3G hurts.

It'll get better....that's how Baltimore was at the end of last year/early this year. It is SIGNIFICANTLY better now.

• Like 1

No, you're definitely not ranting.  I asked you and you were just telling me.  

Well I hope/trust that it will improve in time.  I will say this much - LTE is awesome here in Atlanta but it certainly isn't that fast.  I typically get around 4 mbps in most instances and  usually around 7 or 8 at the most on b41 here in town.  But that is plenty fast enough for everything that I need to do on my phone, especially with pings that are very low - usually not above 55 or 60 ms.  Very nice indeed.

3G is another story.  It used to be moderately usable when NV was first listed as "substantially complete" a few months ago here.  But, recently, whenever I do fall back to 3G (which is rare but happens at least once or twice daily), the phone is incapable of even properly loading facebook.  The wheel just spins.  A simple airplane toggle will re-establish an LTE connection but I'm not sure why the phone defaults to 3G in the first place, especially considering that, without fail, a decently strong LTE connection is most always available.  Maybe it's the network shifting loads?  if so, it needs to be tweaked.  But, yeah, falling back to 3G is pretty awful now most of the time, even here in a very mature market.

• Like 1

No, you're definitely not ranting. I asked you and you were just telling me.

Well I hope/trust that it will improve in time. I will say this much - LTE is awesome here in Atlanta but it certainly isn't that fast. I typically get around 4 mbps in most instances and usually around 7 or 8 at the most on b41 here in town. But that is plenty fast enough for everything that I need to do on my phone, especially with pings that are very low - usually not above 55 or 60 ms. Very nice indeed.

3G is another story. It used to be moderately usable when NV was first listed as "substantially complete" a few months ago here. But, recently, whenever I do fall back to 3G (which is rare but happens at least once or twice daily), the phone is incapable of even properly loading facebook. The wheel just spins. A simple airplane toggle will re-establish an LTE connection but I'm not sure why the phone defaults to 3G in the first place, especially considering that, without fail, a decently strong LTE connection is most always available. Maybe it's the network shifting loads? if so, it needs to be tweaked. But, yeah, falling back to 3G is pretty awful now most of the time, even here in a very mature market.

That's actually my biggest issue, the need to toggle airplane mode through out the day....

Absolutely no need for it imho. :-)

That's actually my biggest issue, the need to toggle airplane mode through out the day....

Absolutely no need for it imho. :-)

I've noticed that I do that less now but once in a while I have to also.

on a different topic, Sprint must be doing something on their website, cause the page comes up but I can't sign in. Seems the sign in controls are gone.

TS

on a different topic, Sprint must be doing something on their website, cause the page comes up but I can't sign in. Seems the sign in controls are gone.

TS

you can't get customer support either system wide updates is the message

TS

I see this:

We're sorry

We are enhancing this section of our site and it is temporarily unavailable. We'll have the site back to you as soon as possible.

You can also visit a Sprint store to pay your bill, activate a phone or get personalized help.

Yeah same message. It actually started early today. Last night over in the Sprint Community forums a member posted in the thread that talked about the Note 4 white version being $24 more than the black version, and mentioned that Sprint finally fixed it but I didn't get to go into the sales section since it was late. Today I tried to get it to verify and it is still under maintenance. Don't know about you guys, be everytime the Sprint site goes under for changes, I get antsy.

TS

• Like 3