Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I wonder why Marcelo didn't just announce the perks for Sprint subs who sign up for Tidal when he announced the 33% purchase? It would have packed more of a punch had he announced it. With him saying more details coming soon(Sprints famous line) kills it and people won't care as much. I honestly thought more info would have followed the same day but it's since been two days. I guess we won't hear nothing else until the earnings call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder why Marcelo didn't just announce the perks for Sprint subs who sign up for Tidal when he announced the 33% purchase? It would have packed more of a punch had he announced it. With him saying more details coming soon(Sprints famous line) kills it and people won't care as much. I honestly thought more info would have followed the same day but it's since been two days. I guess we won't hear nothing else until the earnings call.

Good point.

I wouldnt expect Tidal to be handed out for free for more than 3 months to any Sprint sub without increased revenue from the line or plan. The easy perks to expect are -zero rated, higher cap on speed, exclusive content. Maybe Tidal premium for the price of basic, maybe attractive family pricing, or -maybe- free for lines who buy the premium speed upgrade on the current plan?

• Like 2

I wonder if the Tidal purchase caused that much of a spike on Sprint searches that it lead people to S4GRU?

It could be. And following some of the guest traffic could support that. But most of the guest traffic seemed to be bot related. Not driven from hyperlink or search engines, not visiting The Wall and often not even Forums. Visits to member pages, gallery, download section, chat lounge. Over and over again. Many different IP addresses. Not typical visitor behavior.

I don't think it's an attack, but it is extraordinarily high guest traffic the past few months. And it will push up our monthly hosting cost with IPBoard if allowed to continue to grow. Which we cannot afford higher costs at this time.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

I'm sure he will soon . He is in Tokyo now so I'm sure he is meeting with masa to Iron out the details

I see a lot of talk about mergers.. does anyone think competition is healthy enough that all 4 carriers can run on their own ? I don't think we need a sprint/ T-Mobile merger.

This is my personal opinion but I think that a T-Mobile/Sprint merger is necessary for long term viability of both companies. Failing that, the formation of a common network operating company should be considered. Sprint has not finished deploying LTE and has to start thinking about 5G? Capex is going to kill them.

I see a lot of talk about mergers.. does anyone think competition is healthy enough that all 4 carriers can run on their own ? I don't think we need a sprint/ T-Mobile merger.

It is pure speculation, that has been running amok for a while. I would agree with your statement that a Sprint/T-Mobile merger (or any other combination of the big 4) is unnecessary. Now Sprint and USCC (or any other remaining regional carrier) would be interesting.  

• Like 1

This is my personal opinion but I think that a T-Mobile/Sprint merger is necessary for long term viability of both companies. Failing that, the formation of a common network operating company should be considered. Sprint has not finished deploying LTE and has to start thinking about 5G? Capex is going to kill them.

I agree! But what about all the initial cost for.. decommissioning sites.. store closures.. etc will they have money for that

It is pure speculation, that has been running amok for a while. I would agree with your statement that a Sprint/T-Mobile merger (or any other combination of the big 4) is unnecessary. Now Sprint and USCC (or any other remaining regional carrier) would be interesting.

yes, the competition is their. AT&T is losing and Verizon is slowing down. T-mobile is getting closer and closer to the green and sprint is getting better every quarter

Historical CapEx may kill them, but there is a way forward as an independent company as long as they can execute on their unique densification plan. Like anything with Sprint, execution has been their biggest weakness.

Our country is large enough to support four major carriers and until there really is a '5G' standard that isn't relying on the LTE framework let's not fret too much about it.

I'd say by leaving it off of the press release it:

-- lets them see how much analysts and or competitors talk it up and speculate a price

-- lets them have the need for another press release and more news outlets talking it up   - free press

I'm posting this here so that the most amount of people will see it, but if anyone has been frequenting the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus User Thread, then they will know what I'm talking about.

My question to any of our Sprint employees that frequent this site, I would like to know if there is a way for you guys to look in your portal (or whatever it is, I don't know a lot about the system so I apologize for that lol) and find the page that was sent out about the "iPhone 7 on us" promo, because me and another user on here have been getting told that the discounts being given were only eligible on leases, when it was clearly stated that they were available on both leases and installments. I would just like to see the internal memo that explained the promo.

I have searched through S4GRU, Google, Youtube, Sprint.com, Reddit, and I can't for the life of me find the flyer that advertised the promo. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you for any help!

-Anthony

This promo? It says installment credit, so it means it's not a lease.

Yes I had found this image, but, to me at least, is not clear on what the requirements are to be elligible. It sounded a lot like they were wanting to either change plans or start a new line of service with that image.

-Anthony

Yes I had found this image, but, to me at least, is not clear on what the requirements are to be elligible. It sounded a lot like they were wanting to either change plans or start a new line of service with that image.

-Anthony

Here is a quote from their press release.

Offer is good for new and current customers.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-is-ready-for-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus-sprint-is-offering-an-incredible-opportunity-to-get-a-free-iphone-7-available-on-sept-16.htm

I really appreciate the help, but again, I have found this one, and one of the steps is "sign up for any of Sprint's rate plans" again making it seem like they want you to change plans/sign up for a new one. Myself and many others remember seeing internal documents that didn't state this stipulation.

-Anthony

Verizon is already wanting to merge to Charter.  The industry is getting interesting very quick.  S stock is up, who am I to complain. 

That won't fly unless Verizon divests all their wireline including FIOS.

Not that I want to get ahead of myself, but you'd figure they would only have to divest assets in areas both Verizon and Charter have a presence in.

This is probably the most realistic option because Trump has been vocally against more mergers like Comcast/NBC Uni & AT&T/Time Warner, where the content deliverers now own the content providers. It's too early to tell how he would approach similar industries consolidating.

This is probably the most realistic option because Trump has been vocally against more mergers like Comcast/NBC Uni & AT&T/Time Warner, where the content deliverers now own the content providers. It's too early to tell how he would approach similar industries consolidating.

I'm a bit surprised by this, since there has been talk of Verizon merging with Comcast, especially as they've been working together for some time now with cross promotions and such. Then there also has been talk of Comcast and Charter merging together too.

Not to get political here on S4GRU. I had reasons for wanting Hillary to win just as I have reasons why I'm glad Trump won. However, I figured if Trump won, which of course he has, mergers would skyrocket and I fully believe we are going to see these happen on massive proportions. So with that said, I believe it is entirely possible Comcast, Charter, and Verizon could all merge together to create a more national cable network.

After all, this is what has been done with wireless. Regarding wireless, I believe it could go down to three, even possibly two carriers. As I've been saying, if Softbank makes a move for T-Mobile, AT&T will try again, and I favor AT&T to win, while Dish could then go in a three way split between Verizon, AT&T, and Softbank. My estimate is Verizon, if they do not get the cable mergers. AT&T likely if not for Verizon.

If things end up going very well with AT&T and Verizon mergers, even with Dish going to either of them, then we could see a split up of Sprint to both AT&T and Verizon, similar to what happened with Alltel. I really wouldn't be surprised if this is what ends up happening.

What are you talking about? This is a Trump administration. Anything is possible.

Absolutely spot on! As I just mentioned in my previous post, this is a business landscape now with mergers all around, and as Trump loves to say, "Believe Me".