Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

This is pushing the market back up and up towards unlimited data allotments.  Not every carrier can play the unlimited game as well as the rest from an infrastructure standpoint.  I happen to know of a yellow branded one that has the spectrum to play that game though, gonna get even more exciting leading into Christmas and holiday shopping season.   :lol:

Exactly, may as well go back to unlimited.  These carriers keep this up and they will be offering terabyte plans by the end of next year, LOL.

• Like 8

Reading the comments over on CNET about Sprint's doubling of the data is an exercise in futility.  Each negative, predictable comment lowered my intelligence quotient by 10-15 points.  Sprint now covers well over 250M POPS with LTE 1900 and I would guess at least 115M with 800 LTE and, I dunno, some 40-60 million with 2.5 LTE.  So why do people keep on saying how "horrible" Sprint's service is?  I just do not experience this with Sprint.  At all.  My service is good to, at times, great.  And it has been for a couple of years now.  Not just here in Atlanta where I live but everywhere I go.  I just find it so obnoxious and ridiculous that people just can't jump off the bashing Sprint bandwagon.  Why can't they give credit where credit is due?

• Like 10

Reading the comments over on CNET about Sprint's doubling of the data is an exercise in futility.  Each negative, predictable comment lowered my intelligence quotient by 10-15 points.  Sprint now covers well over 250M POPS with LTE 1900 and I would guess at least 115M with 800 LTE and, I dunno, some 40-60 million with 2.5 LTE.  So why do people keep on saying how "horrible" Sprint's service is?  I just do not experience this with Sprint.  At all.  My service is good to, at times, great.  And it has been for a couple of years now.  Not just here in Atlanta where I live but everywhere I go.  I just find it so obnoxious and ridiculous that people just can't jump off the bashing Sprint bandwagon.  Why can't they give credit where credit is due?

picgifs-haters-gonna-hate-9427.gif

• Like 3

picgifs-haters-gonna-hate-9427.gif

Ha.  Indeed.  And now I have that Taylor Swift song stuck in my head.  Maybe if I bash my head enough times against this granite countertop beneath my laptop, I might be able to get that song out of my head.  Hmm...I wonder how many head bashings is enough.  150?  200?  More?!

• Like 3

Ha. Indeed. And now I have that Taylor Swift song stuck in my head. Maybe if I bash my head enough times against this granite countertop beneath my laptop, I might be able to get that song out of my head. Hmm...I wonder how many head bashings is enough. 150? 200? More?!

Sprint bashing or Taylor Swift? Pick your poison.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Keep in mind a lot of the Sprint hate is from Ex-Sprint Users (no-pun). People who are jaded at Sprint of the past, and in there mind there's only one Sprint, and they will bash excessively until there's more "in-your-face" proof of a "New Sprint" right now there's still much of the "Old Sprint" (Network) around the country to still "somewhat" validate the Sprint Haters.    

Reading the comments over on CNET about Sprint's doubling of the data is an exercise in futility. Each negative, predictable comment lowered my intelligence quotient by 10-15 points. Sprint now covers well over 250M POPS with LTE 1900 and I would guess at least 115M with 800 LTE and, I dunno, some 40-60 million with 2.5 LTE. So why do people keep on saying how "horrible" Sprint's service is? I just do not experience this with Sprint. At all. My service is good to, at times, great. And it has been for a couple of years now. Not just here in Atlanta where I live but everywhere I go. I just find it so obnoxious and ridiculous that people just can't jump off the bashing Sprint bandwagon. Why can't they give credit where credit is due?

In my local area it's still pretty poor, it's 800 LTE covered but 60% of the time reverts to 3G at less than 500kb speed.

But I'm hoping it gets better :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little ol Sprint got the other three carriers to respond and follow. This is good that sprint is making waves and is being noticed by the other carriers. But I have to wonder with all the changes that is going on that this could possibly hurt T-Mobile since they have less coverage.

In my local area it's still pretty poor, it's 800 LTE covered but 60% of the time reverts to 3G at less than 500kb speed.

I've disabled B26 as it only makes things terrible for me as it has terrible range and constantly makes my phone switch between B25 and B26 causing battery drain and lots of headaches. B41 isn't seen much mainly at home and the speeds suck. But I know things will get better, it's kind of exciting actually.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Same thing here. 

We're quick to overlook them, since so many areas are marked as upgraded on the maps here, but there are still a number of areas where data isn't working yet, even after B25 and B26 LTE are deployed. I understand that so-called "hate", I still feel that pain every day. This is average B26 LTE service here, for example.

But even if you can't use Sprint right now, these plans help everyone. I can't imagine an ex-Sprint user complaining about Sprint lowering prices, since it also makes AT&T/Verizon also lower their prices (or up their data cap) slightly.

I'm already on what once was good promo pricing, and even I'm considering switching to this new plan. The caps are just getting really high -- it would be silly *not* to lock that down.

• Like 1

Howdy.

If someone can confirm my math, that would be great.

I have 2 phones on Easy Pay and one Tab 3 tablet. Also a corporate discount.

If I get the 8GB data allowance that would be:

$70 - corp discount + $25 each phone + Easy Pay charges + $10 for the tablet + fees = monthly payments. 

All 3 devices would share the 8GB per billing cycle.

Do I have this right?

Thanks.

Mav.  :ninja:

Howdy.

If someone can confirm my math, that would be great.

I have 2 phones on Easy Pay and one Tab 3 tablet. Also a corporate discount.

If I get the 8GB data allowance that would be:

$70 - corp discount + $25 each phone + Easy Pay charges + $10 for the tablet + fees = monthly payments. 

All 3 devices would share the 8GB per billing cycle.

Do I have this right?

Thanks.

Mav.   :ninja:

That seems about right...  Or for $10 more per month you up it to 20GB since it knocks off $10 for each phone line access fee.

• Like 2

That seems about right...  Or for $10 more per month you up it to 20GB since it knocks off $10 for each phone line access fee.

I was just looking at that.

It is almost the same monthly amount getting 20GB as it does 8GB.  

Weird but cool.   :cool:

Thanks.

Mav.  :ninja:

Edited by VW Maverick
  • Like 2

830dbd6226942da8f704221402bca2a2.jpg

I've disabled B26 as it only makes things terrible for me as it has terrible range and constantly makes my phone switch between B25 and B26 causing battery drain and lots of headaches. B41 isn't seen much mainly at home and the speeds suck. But I know things will get better, it's kind of exciting actually.

Sent from my Nexus 5

This is outside about 1000ft from a tower.

As I'm typing this its lte now.

I'll wait it out :-)

just to make sure, if you get in on this promotion will the data amount stay "doubled" for as long as you have the plan? aka will the data allotment ever go down at some point?

also, what is the fee for getting a yearly upgrade?

i have a 9 line framily plan (all on one account under me) with 2 lines having the unlimited data option. the 2 unlimited lines average about 25-30 gig per month. i'm wondering if getting the now 60 gig plan would be a good option with still allowing the 2 unlimited lines enough data but also giving the other 7 lines more than 1 gig of data for less money.....

just to make sure, if you get in on this promotion will the data amount stay "doubled" for as long as you have the plan? aka will the data allotment ever go down at some point?

also, what is the fee for getting a yearly upgrade?

i have a 9 line framily plan (all on one account under me) with 2 lines having the unlimited data option. the 2 unlimited lines average about 25-30 gig per month. i'm wondering if getting the now 60 gig plan would be a good option with still allowing the 2 unlimited lines enough data but also giving the other 7 lines more than 1 gig of data for less money.....

I know that AT&T's doesn't go down, unless you change plans.  You have to also be on AT&T Next or off contract.  However, in the future, when they pull the Promo, we will not even be likely to upgrade to a higher data bucket either.  You will be stuck to keep the promo pricing plan.  I imagine Sprint's will be the same way.  Since it is to compete.

• Like 1

which is very smart.

Wow......So we can clearly see who sprint really wants to compete with...T-Mobile ins't even a factor anymore. They want at&t customers to come over to the yellow side.

Somehow I seem to remember somebody advocating this....hmmmm....who was it?  :lol:

• Like 1