Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It's a bit disconcerting to see that Sprint hasn't fired this stuff up yet. Hoping Sprint pulls it together over the weekend.

Here's T-Mobile's Inauguration Prep release: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/inauguration-network-preps.htm

Here's Verizon's Inauguration Prep release: http://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-enhances-next-gen-network-increases-wireless-data-capacity-500-dc-prepares-donald-trump

Here's AT&T's Inauguration Prep release: http://about.att.com/innovationblog/inauguration_network

Vs.

Sprint's Inauguration Prep release: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprints-dc-network-ready-to-support-a-great-american-tradition-the-presidential-inauguration.htm

Don't let us down Sprint!

Thanks that for understanding. I just don't see Sprint dropping the ball and not adding extra capacity and cows for a event like that. If they did and they are a complete fail I'll then understand why the other three carriers don't even acknowledge Sprint as any form of competition. Really they have no excuse since they have a abundance of resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Can Sprint Do 10x10 B25 there?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Seems so. Sprint's release says:

"For nearly 12 months our team has been on the ground working hard to add additional network coverage and capacity. In preparation for January 20, we’ve doubled the capacity of our 1.9 GHz cell sites around the National Mall and DC Metro stations."

"For nearly 12 months our team has been on the ground working hard to add additional network coverage and capacity. In preparation for January 20, we’ve doubled the capacity of our 1.9 GHz cell sites around the National Mall and DC Metro stations."

Yeah. I saw that wasn't sure exactly what that meant.

In short, the issue is that the other three carriers have COWs or temporary equipment set up, and Sprint doesn't, at least not yet. I was showing that I was connected to the normal Sprint site (which has a note indicating it's on the Department of Energy) while the others had no notes (indicating I'd connected to them for the first time).

- Trip

The press release states that they have COWs set up with 3xCA to handle the load. I suspect they're just not powered up or not available for public connections. Inauguration isn't for another week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They're now running two 5x5 LTE carriers instead of just the single 5x5 on G-block.  That lit up a few months ago on select sites, including ones I've spotted in DC.  As best I can tell, it is NOT running inside the Metro stations.

The press release states that they have COWs set up with 3xCA to handle the load. I suspect they're just not powered up or not available for public connections. Inauguration isn't for another week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They need to hurry up if they intend to have third carrier live by next week.  It's still not running here, as far as I can determine.

I can't imagine why they would put the gear in place and then leave it off.  That seems ridiculous.  One thinks they would turn it on so that if there's some fault in it, it is more likely to become apparent before tens of thousands of people are depending on it.

- Trip

• Like 3

Not all Sprint markets would be able to do 20x20 MHz but those markets with PCS A, B, C blocks that are scattered are all each 15x15 MHz blocks (B25) and the ESMR block is 5x5 MHz (B26). If you CA them together that makes it 20x20 MHz. This doesn't even include if Sprint can CA its PCS 'G' block which gives them 5x5 MHz.

This would only come to fruition once CDMA is completely removed from its network.

I will say Sprint needs to do 15x15 in places where it can happen without CDMA shutdown.

They're now running two 5x5 LTE carriers instead of just the single 5x5 on G-block.  That lit up a few months ago on select sites, including ones I've spotted in DC.  As best I can tell, it is NOT running inside the Metro stations.

They need to hurry up if they intend to have third carrier live by next week.  It's still not running here, as far as I can determine.

I can't imagine why they would put the gear in place and then leave it off.  That seems ridiculous.  One thinks they would turn it on so that if there's some fault in it, it is more likely to become apparent before tens of thousands of people are depending on it.

- Trip

My hunch is that Sprint will probably not unleash 3xCA until the first 2017 flagship phone that supports 3xCA goes on sale.  This way it buys them another 4 months to get more and more sites in more markets with 3xCA configured and optimized.

My hunch is that Sprint will probably not unleash 3xCA until the first 2017 flagship phone that supports 3xCA goes on sale. This way it buys them another 4 months to get more and more sites in more markets with 3xCA configured and optimized.

I thought we already confirmed CA in certain markets.

• Like 2

I was told engineering screens are showing it but, Speedtests are not. So don't know what is going on..

• Like 1

u have it and connecting to it and speedtests or just connecting?

just connecting. The only phone that can do it officially is the bolt and since the bolt is not yop tier I don't want it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I tried the bolt in Columbus, OH and couldn't find any active 3xCA but that was around the bolts release.... We have 3rd carrier all over just not broadcasting 3xCA yet or switch to use it?

My hunch is that Sprint will probably not unleash 3xCA until the first 2017 flagship phone that supports 3xCA goes on sale.  This way it buys them another 4 months to get more and more sites in more markets with 3xCA configured and optimized.

The HTC Bolt already supports 3CA out of the box.

Sprint has also said differently with respect to 3CA updates for additional devices...

Sprint is selling the High Tech Computer Corp. (HTC) (Taiwan: 2498) Bolt as its first 3CA-capable device. The most recent Apple and Samsung Corp. phones will need a software upgrade to get the most from 3CA.

Device VP Sullivan told me that the upgrades will come for Apple, Samsung and a host of other vendors early next year. This will be "well ahead" of the Mobile World Congress show in late February next year, he said.

"By the end of 2017 we're forecasting that over half of Sprint customers will have ... compatible phones," said Sullivan during the conference proper.

- Trip

Maybe it will be a weekend project... hopefully... B41 in the 'Metro Center' DC core could use the capacity. 

• Like 2

I understand but i thought it was only live due to testing which to me doesn't count as an official launch.  How prevalent is the 3xCA coverage in these markets?

In short, the issue is that the other three carriers have COWs or temporary equipment set up, and Sprint doesn't, at least not yet.  I was showing that I was connected to the normal Sprint site (which has a note indicating it's on the Department of Energy) while the others had no notes (indicating I'd connected to them for the first time). 

- Trip

More then likely there will be a report after the Inauguration on how the wireless carriers did and performed during the Inauguration. Hate to see Sprint rated last or poor.

T-Mobile amps DC network by 1,000 percent before Trump’s Inauguration http://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/01/13/t-mobile-amps-dc-network-by-1000-percent-before-trumps-inauguration/ They must have a 5x5 b12, 5x5 b2 and 20x20 b4. I hope Sprint can compete.

• Like 2

Wonder if 4xca is on the list of Sprints plans?

They said they are already working on 5xca. I dont know how its gonna work but thats what they said.

T-Mobile amps DC network by 1,000 percent before Trump’s Inauguration http://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/01/13/t-mobile-amps-dc-network-by-1000-percent-before-trumps-inauguration/ They must have a 5x5 b12, 5x5 b2 and 20x20 b4. I hope Sprint can compete.

I really hope Sprint comes through and performs well for the Inauguration. Maybe it's just my impression from Trip's reports, but it seems like the other carriers are better prepared than Sprint is.

• Like 2