Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And now Sprint is doubling AT&T's double data plan promotion...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-stands-behind-pledge-to-deliver-double-the-data.htm?view_id=8028

At this rate, Family Share Pack plans will offer far more data than the average unlimited user uses. Whoa.

I am most impressed with the quick responses the new Sprint is having to the competition. T-Mobile trade in promotion, the AT&T data doubling. Keep it up!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

And now Sprint is doubling AT&T's double data plan promotion...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-stands-behind-pledge-to-deliver-double-the-data.htm?view_id=8028

At this rate, Family Share Pack plans will offer far more data than the average unlimited user uses. Whoa.

At this rate, when do we get to the first 100gb base plan?
  • Like 2

Well, as an AT&T customer, I hope they match or double Sprint again. :devilangel:

Can they though. There is a point where beating the competition is going to be ridiculous. I mean now if you do the new share pack with 4 people, that is 15 gb a person. That's a lot of data! Isn't this why we wanted to phase out unlimited? 

• Like 2

Well, as an AT&T customer, I hope they match or double Sprint again. :devilangel:

Back in the late 90's I worked at a dot com start up that was an online store. When ever we needed a boost in sales, they would ship overnight for free. I'd be curious to see if the carriers start data promos with short life, but keep till you change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow! The new Sprint is definitely paying attention! Kudos Marcelo!

Edit: More thoughts....At this rate, mobile internet is already faster than many home broadband options, and with huge buckets of data...might be a viable option in the future!

• Like 2

Can they though. There is a point where beating the competition is going to be ridiculous. I mean now if you do the new share pack with 4 people, that is 15 gb a person. That's a lot of data! Isn't this why we wanted to phase out unlimited?

to a point sure.

But the new 60gb plan is not unlimited (to me it is with a doubt the same) also might cost more pending lines.

I don't think they actually will do that. Heck, I didn't think Sprint would do what they just did either. In some ways, large data buckets are worse than unlimited.

If the average customer is used to 2GB per month, and now is paying for something much larger, they will feel like they need to get their money's worth and use it up. I know I don't leave much unused data on my VZW and ATT data buckets every month.

With unlimited, I don't feel any compulsion to use more. I just do what I want without concern.

• Like 16

I don't think they actually will do that. Heck, I didn't think Sprint would do what they just did either. In some ways, large data buckets are worse than unlimited.

If the average customer is used to 2GB per month, and now is paying for something much larger, they will feel like they need to get their money's worth and use it up. I know I don't leave much unused data on my VZW and ATT data buckets every month.

With unlimited, I don't feel any compulsion to use more. I just do what I want without concern.

This...I second This....^^

• Like 1

This is seriously maybe a lil too much... Aren't the capped plans no throttled as well compared to the older plans.... This is almost enticing to switch from the framily as I can get a tablet on this as well... Use my phone as a hot spot. The use cases are kinda endless.

• Like 1

This is seriously maybe a lil too much... Aren't the capped plans no throttled as well compared to the older plans.... This is almost enticing to switch from the framily as I can get a tablet on this as well... Use my phone as a hot spot. The use cases are kinda endless.

The capped plans have the same network prioritization language in the terms and conditions the last time I looked at them, just like Framily does. Not that I have ever noticed being throttled, I'm starting to wonder if they put it in there for possible future use. The doubled data is kind of tempting though, I was pricing it out against Framily myself. I still come out way ahead in price because of access fee's, but I would have a lot more data available to my hotspot and tablet as well as legal tethering.

• Like 1

Throttling is based on a site that is overburdened and then only the Top 5% of data users on that overburdened site will get throttled. And only while it is overburdened.

And with these very large buckets and people consuming more data, that line of the Top 5% will be going higher and higher. Instead of lower, as some feared.

And we still have not seen any definitive proof that anyone actually has been throttled. Because an overburdened site throttles itself. Can't tell who is being throttled or just experiencing overburden.

• Like 1

The capped plans have the same network prioritization language in the terms and conditions the last time I looked at them, just like Framily does. Not that I have ever noticed being throttled, I'm starting to wonder if they put it in there for possible future use. The doubled data is kind of tempting though, I was pricing it out against Framily myself. I still come out way ahead in price because of access fee's, but I would have a lot more data available to my hotspot and tablet as well as legal tethering.

Yeah...  The I have been having the same thoughts.  I have a max discount Framily, but my wife is currently only on the 1GB and she occasionally goes over.  Also my iPad only has 1 GB, and it would be nice to be able to use it as much as I'd like while out and about. 

I know that the data fee ($100+ depending on the package) would all be discounted based on my 22% employer discount, so that makes it a little bit more tempting, but I would still end up paying quite a bit more per month.  Not to mention, I would kind of feel bad for all of those that joined my Framily if I up and leave it. 

• Like 1

Yeah... The I have been having the same thoughts. I have a max discount Framily, but my wife is currently only on the 1GB and she occasionally goes over. Also my iPad only has 1 GB, and it would be nice to be able to use it as much as I'd like while out and about.

I know that the data fee ($100+ depending on the package) would all be discounted based on my 22% employer discount, so that makes it a little bit more tempting, but I would still end up paying quite a bit more per month. Not to mention, I would kind of feel bad for all of those that joined my Framily if I up and leave it.

I'm in the same boat. I have three phones on a max framily. Two which have unlimited data and one other that rarely uses 100MB. I also have a tablet on the $5 25MB plan, and a hotspot on the $34.99 3GB plan. It would be cool to have a usable data bucket for the tablet, and more available on the hotspot but I would end up paying almost $50 more a month including employer discount.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol. Good thinking Johnny

@JohnLegere: You know our 4x100 w/ 10GB LTE offer? Yeah, it’s no longer expired. #rundontwalk

Lol feeling the Sprint heat john??

Lol. Good thinking Johnny

@JohnLegere: You know our 4x100 w/ 10GB LTE offer? Yeah, it’s no longer expired. #rundontwalk

If I had a choice between T and Tmo even with his offer, this is a no brainer answer. Pay a little more for T and a much bigger bucket.

• Like 4

If I had a choice between T and Tmo even with his offer, this is a no brainer answer. Pay a little more for T and a much bigger bucket.

yeah for a datastrong network they should have 100gb cap for this ;-)

it will be real interesting to see if big red takes a swing.

They have for the most part been standing back and watching....

They have for the most part been standing back and watching....

Which is fine, until T, Tmo and S starting taking subscribers.  For V to pull a higher churn rate could impact stock price up to 4-5% which investors don't like.

• Like 2

This is pushing the market back up and up towards unlimited data allotments.  Not every carrier can play the unlimited game as well as the rest from an infrastructure standpoint.  I happen to know of a yellow branded one that has the spectrum to play that game though, gonna get even more exciting leading into Christmas and holiday shopping season.   :lol:

• Like 6