Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yeah, all of this sounds like you'll just have a better upload experience.  It doesn't sound like it'll "increase" B41 coverage.

Well band 41 coverage is limited by the reach of the upload signal, so if you can be farther away from the tower and still be able to upload then coverage increases.

• Like 3

Well band 41 coverage is limited by the reach of the upload signal, so if you can be farther away from the tower and still be able to upload then coverage increases.

I'm confused because, Sprint said it increases the signal to that of 1900mhz..

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I'm confused because, Sprint said it increases the signal to that of 1900mhz..

There are no modifications at the tower. Usually your phone drops B41 at around -120 because the upload times out, even though the download may still be chugging along at 10-15 mbps. All HPUE does is increase the maximum upload power of the phone, allowing it to hold on to a much weaker signal without the upload failing. This perceived increase in range, because the phone will not drop B41 until a much weaker signal , brings its "range" almost to that of B25.

• Like 2

I posted this in the El Paso thread , but this thread is a little more active. What are you guys thinking sprints completion rate is now .. there are 5 sites so far scheduled for modification 2def2fe29d4b6c4d4979fefc0a44af2d.png I hoping they can at least get to 50 to 70 % completion rate by the summer.. is that obtainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I posted this in the El Paso thread , but this thread is a little more active. What are you guys thinking sprints completion rate is now .. there are 5 sites so far scheduled for modification I hoping they can at least get to 50 to 70 % completion rate by the summer.. is that obtainable

What is this pertaining to if you don't mind me asking?

It should be adding band 41

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Oh ok gotcha. I though it was dealing with small cells or something. Thanks for that!

Oh ok gotcha. I though it was dealing with small cells or something. Thanks for that!

El Paso is probably one of the most forgotten markets for Sprint. Sprint has better coverage on I-10 East from El Paso to the Sierra Blanca checkpoint than both T-Mobile and At&t. I used to roam on Telcel back in the day with At&t on some stretches of I-10.

Unfortunately for Sprint, they've suffered with no 800 LTE and delayed deployment of B41.

• Like 1

El Paso is probably one of the most forgotten markets for Sprint. Sprint has better coverage on I-10 East from El Paso to the Sierra Blanca checkpoint than both T-Mobile and At&t. I used to roam on Telcel back in the day with At&t on some stretches of I-10.

Unfortunately for Sprint, they've suffered with no 800 LTE and delayed deployment of B41.

:(

I traveled to fort Stockton tx and sprint has much better coverage than T-Mobile

Unfortunately for Sprint, they've suffered with no 800 LTE and delayed deployment of B41.[/quote

I wonder how sprint will rebuild their brand here in El Paso... its been very bad here for years

I wonder how sprint will rebuild their brand here in El Paso... its been very bad here for years

They're going to have to wait for either small cells or B26 to get cleared before they start to rebuild their brand. Network just isn't where it needs to be compared to the competition. I used to get better speeds when I forced my GS5 to roam on Movistar over Sprint's LTE near the border.
  • Like 1

They're going to have to wait for either small cells or B26 to get cleared before they start to rebuild their brand. Network just isn't where it needs to be compared to the competition. I used to get better speeds when I forced my GS5 to roam on Movistar over Sprint's LTE near the border.

That funny ... I've done the same thing ... I think sprint is also way behind here on towers. They need to add a bunch more

I think im ready for the merger you guys. I want to get the hell away from Verizon and save some money too. And ill pay the same price for unlimited or a larger bucket, if some of the coverage pain points can be lessened.

I think im ready for the merger you guys. I want to get the hell away from Verizon and save some money too. And ill pay the same price for unlimited or a larger bucket, if some of the coverage pain points can be lessened.

If the merger happen your going to be paying the same price as you are for Verizon

• Like 4

If the merger happen your going to be paying the same price as you are for Verizon

Doubt it. Canada has 3 carriers with cheapest prices. You're assuming that would be the case

Doubt it. Canada has 3 carriers with cheapest prices. You're assuming that would be the case

Ya but no one of them have 140 million subscribers. The highest in Canada has 10 million

Ya but no one of them have 140 million subscribers. The highest in Canada has 10 million

Both CEOs pride themselves on listening to the consumer. A larger number 3 gets the larger carriers to react faster not reverse

Both CEOs pride themselves on listening to the consumer. A larger number 3 gets the larger carriers to react faster not reverse

I agree, but how will they manage all the combined stores ( rent).. all the combined employees.. all tower sites ( that pay a monthly rent ). That's a immediate increase in overhead ( a big one )

You realize they can renegotiate tower deals right ? For cheaper costs. Multiple analysts have said this about a possible merger. It's cost saving no matter how you slice it

You do realise the big 3 networks in Canada aren't unlimited, are higher in cost and trying to chase the little guys out of town.

Maybe for you. $90 to $100 for 2GB of data and unlimited talk/text is not cheap in my book.

IMG_6189.PNG

IMG_6190.PNG

IMG_6191.PNG

• Like 4