Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

SCP doesn't show it but my HTC One A9 and LG GFlex 2 sure do use it.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I have the A9 also. Sprint claims it supports 3XCA. S4gru isnt confirming that until there is Proof. Fingers crossed it's true..

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Missouri is a Ericsson/Nokia market. Nokia for B41 equipment from the start.

ALU/Nokia markets still generally use ALU equipment for B41. That is the difference. We have only see one instance of the 3rd carrier in an ALU market, and it has not been repeated. That's why I am looking for verification of the 3rd carrier in the DC market, as it would be the first large ALU/Nokia market that I am aware of with the 3rd B41 carrier.

As has been mentioned multiple times, SCP only detects 3rd B41 carrier in Samsung markets (where the GCI ends with 06/07/08). It does not yet identify the 3rd carrier in Ericsson/Nokia/ALU markets. Mike is currently working on an update for the app, see the SCP thread for more details.

Just glancing back at my SCP logs I have multiple 57XXX4X from at least the last week of October for the St. Louis area, implying to me that it's at least rolling out in this market. Since I've switched back and forth between OG Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X in that timeframe I don't see all right now but I can add the info to the premiere thread later if interested in tracking.

It would be nice if sprint had excellent LTE service during CES by bringing extra capacity online. Hopefully that is more of the focus instead of handing out uber coupons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was at CES last year the DAS worked great..  25ish speed test inside the convention center.

• Like 1

For those curious about a third B41 carrier in DC, I have screenshots of 41176 (personal 5x) and 41374 (work 6s). This all from 11th and H st NW in the District. I'll keep an eye out for 40978, but not sure if one of my fellow Washingtonians could add that.

MNR6tDSm.png

vw9dK2cm.png

• Like 1

Sprint's DC Network Update for the Inauguration:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprints-dc-network-ready-to-support-a-great-american-tradition-the-presidential-inauguration.htm

Sprint says that for 12 months its team has been on the ground working hard to add additional network coverage and capacity in preparation for January 20.

Sprint says it's doubled the capacity of its 1.9 GHz cell sites around the National Mall and DC Metro stations.

Sprint is also using carrier aggregation on its 2.5 GHz cell sites for even faster data speeds on capable devices.

Sprint says it's using two- and three-channel carrier aggregation on 2.5 GHz cell sites in the area, and bringing in Cells On Wheels (COWs) with three-channel carrier aggregation to provide additional temporary capacity at various high-traffic locations extending from Lincoln Memorial to the U.S. Capitol.

Sprint says these efforts cap off two years of extensive work by the team in D.C. lighting up new cell sites, adding more capacity with additional spectrum and new technologies such as carrier aggregation and antenna beamforming, as well as optimizing the performance of each and every cell site along the way.

Sprint also says the team invested heavily in D.C. ahead of Pope Francis’ visit 16 months ago, including upgrading the wireless systems within many high-traffic public venues across the area.

So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully more devices receive an update so they can actually access 3xCA.

I'm guessing the 2xCA sites are more likely to be the Dual Mode Clearwire Gear and the 3xCA sites are replacement upgrades?

3xCA COWs? Didn't know Sprint had these. Would Sprint be using microwave backhaul for it?

• Like 4

Just glancing back at my SCP logs I have multiple 57XXX4X from at least the last week of October for the St. Louis area, implying to me that it's at least rolling out in this market. Since I've switched back and forth between OG Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X in that timeframe I don't see all right now but I can add the info to the premiere thread later if interested in tracking.

Yes, the 3rd B41 carrier is live on just about every Sprint B41 site that supports it in the Missouri market. I don't remember if it was November or December, a few weeks ago anyway, that we started seeing it coming online en masse. 

• Like 1

I would love to see a projected coverage map for 2017 for sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hopefully NOT the same as now

• Like 1

Hopefully NOT the same as now

I agree. We need to see some sort of expansion. Can't let T-Mobile outdo them when they have less resources. We all here can agree that Sprint can really take down the other three pretty easily with the right conditions.

• Like 3

I agree. We need to see some sort of expansion. Can't let T-Mobile outdo them when they have less resources. We all here can agree that Sprint can really take down the other three pretty easily with the right conditions.

Yep. This new high powered equipment will for sure help B41. They just need way more towers with it.

• Like 2

That is the 3rd carrier. Wonder why it doesn't show a 3 next to B41.

I think signal check pro needs a big update

Yes, they need T-mobile announced today that they have their eyes on 30 to 40 million more post paid subs with retail expansion

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I think signal check pro needs a big update

Yes, they need T-mobile announced today that they have their eyes on 30 to 40 million more post paid subs with retail expansion

I'm all for them taking customers from att or vzw. Sprint needs to do it also.

• Like 3

I'm all for them taking customers from att or vzw. Sprint needs to do it also.

Marcelo was quoted about 2 hours ago. " since i became CEO, this has been the most competitive quarter". I don't know if that's good or bad

The Coverage Map just received an update: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

Hard to tell what's different. (It is a bit easier to read though since the last redesign.)

Which new high powered equipment? Maybe you are confusing HPUE for something that is not.

Huh? Doesn't the HP part stand for high power? It increases the signal 30%. That's all I meant.

So are we just going to ignore that a large part of T-Mobile's projected coverage map is U.S. Cellular roaming? All you have to do is look at places like Maine to see that the coverage overlap is 1:1.

It's it really? It shows coverage in Iowa. They currently have no coverage there.

So are we just going to ignore that a large part of T-Mobile's projected coverage map is U.S. Cellular roaming? All you have to do is look at places like Maine to see that the coverage overlap is 1:1.

Doesn't Sprint roam on US Cellular as well?

Combine it with this article: "U.S. Cellular hopes Trump administration ups USF spending"

(Link: http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/u-s-cellular-hopes-trump-administration-ups-usf-spending)

.... and US Cellular is forever destined to be where it is in the market... which seems to suit the owners just fine.

• Like 1

Then how does it work?

High performance user equipment, increased power output from your device. You can already download at decent speeds on a weak B41 signal, you just can't upload so usually you're moved off the band. A cell phone with increased output should minimize that occurrence. Band 41 cut off on my device is around -117 dbm, even though I still get downloads of up to 17 mbps and timeout on the upload.

High performance user equipment, increased power output from your device. You can already download at decent speeds on a weak B41 signal, you just can't upload so usually you're moved off the band. A cell phone with increased output should minimize that occurrence. Band 41 cut off on my device is around -117 dbm, even though I still get downloads of up to 17 mbps and timeout on the upload.

So it's just something inside the phone?

Yeah, all of this sounds like you'll just have a better upload experience.  It doesn't sound like it'll "increase" B41 coverage.