Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

But I knew the resale value of a Samsung phone was a lot lower than an iPhone before they started Galaxy Forever.  Shouldn't they have know that before they started it?

I'm sure Sprint made some assumptions on paper going forward and had a range of sustainability factors for the program.

Once the actual reality/execution sufficiently deviated from those assumptions/factors, Sprint pulled the plug.

• Like 3

I'm sure Sprint made some assumptions on paper going forward and had a range of sustainability factors for the program.

Once the actual reality/execution sufficiently deviated from those assumptions/factors, Sprint pulled the plug.

Once they started doing the two for one deal on the Samsungs that pretty much killed the resale value.

• Like 2

Once they started doing the two for one deal on the Samsungs that pretty much killed the resale value.

I imagine Sprint had to do this in order to move them out the door. If they were actually selling well, Sprint wouldn't have had to.

Looks like more small cells found in LA.

These look like they have adjustable height for the antenna.

Definitely not too pretty, but im happy the work is moving forward.

http://www.celltowerphotos.com/thumbnails.php?album=49

I don't know. I don't mind them that much.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Looks like more small cells found in LA.

These look like they have adjustable height for the antenna.

http://www.celltowerphotos.com/thumbnails.php?album=49

Honestly that's no worse than the wood-mount Verizon small cells. In fact I think total equipment footprint is smaller on these Sprint cells.

They're not looking to make friends with that design!

The streetlight pole arm is curved so I get the necessity for different construction, but the horizontal footprint seems excessive.

That said, it's nice to see the expansion.

• Like 2

Im still wondering if any of these have gone live.

Bigmachine, I know you have come across a few of these, any luck picking up signal from them?

I believe some of them are live but I haven't had the time to do a proper confirmation.

• Like 1

Im still wondering if any of these have gone live.

Bigmachine, I know you have come across a few of these, any luck picking up signal from them?

I believe some of them are live but I haven't had the time to do a proper confirmation.

I pulled over next to one in K-Town that was live, I was connected and pulled 15 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. I dropped signal about 3 blocks away and was handed off to another site.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I pulled over next to one in K-Town that was live, I was connected and pulled 15 Mbps up and 10 Mbps down. I dropped signal about 3 blocks away and was handed off to another site.

engineering screens would be cool.

I pulled over next to one in K-Town that was live, I was connected and pulled 15 Mbps up and 10 Mbps down. I dropped signal about 3 blocks away and was handed off to another site.

I got a similar result (download) from the site near Western & Wilshire (not exact location). That site was on 39858.

zsagakum.png

• Like 1

engineering screens would be cool.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, so Field Test is wonky. I'll do my best to get to it this week.

• Like 1

Oops, my mistake. Download was faster, post corrected.

We actually don't know that for certain. If we know one thing it's that NYC isn't exactly known for its aesthetics. The sheer volume is likely the holdup for NYC.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Those things are hideous, not wonder New York City hasn't approved them yet.

Lol. You really think NYC hadn't approved then?

There's about 200 small cells live tucked away in tiny metal boxes/underground vaults at the base of light poles and traffic lights.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 4

Those things are hideous, not wonder New York City hasn't approved them yet.

They really aren't any worse than the wood-pole-mounted Verizon ODAS nodes, and there are probably 50+ of those live in all of the top 50 markets.
  • Like 1

Lol. You really think NYC hadn't approved then?

There's about 200 small cells live tucked away in tiny metal boxes/underground vaults at the base of light poles and traffic lights.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Well I haven't seen any Sprint small cells in New York City light poles,but I have seen plenty of Verizon ones. In fact big evil red alone with crown Castle are installing small cells in my neighborhood (Morningside Heights, Columbia University campus)