Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And Sprint's stock just keeps going up. Post-Brexit it kinda tanked but pretty much so did everyone else's but theirs just climbed right back up again really quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yup! The 2016 Annual Meeting of Stockholders is on August 9th.

The next Earnings Call should be in early August as well. (For reference, the Fiscal 1Q15 Earnings Call was on August 4, 2015.)

• Like 2

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/06/29/verizon-may-introduce-carryover-data-free-roaming-throttled-unlimited-data-week/

Apparently everything Sprint and T-Mobile has done has got into Big Red's head. Ridiculous that unlimited 2G data would be an extra $5 charge however.

This option is only free to XL and XXL plans. If you are on any other plan (S, M, and L), you’ll have to add on Safety Mode for $5 per month.

• Like 1

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/06/29/verizon-may-introduce-carryover-data-free-roaming-throttled-unlimited-data-week/

Apparently everything Sprint and T-Mobile has done has got into Big Red's head. Ridiculous that unlimited 2G data would be an extra $5 charge however.

Wow if this hold to be true. More so with the "safety mode" that could put a small dent into T-Mobile. Let's see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

So this is saying if they don't get 86bil its a no go?

Between the big 3 and sprint company could be 33bil

Att -10

Tmo-8

Vzw-5

Sprints unamed company 10

Comcast ?

Everyone else?

That's supposed to equal 86bil?

We shouldn't include Sprint yet because we don't know if they're bidding or not but between the big 3 that's not much. Additionally smaller carriers may be turned off by the super high price. We also don't know how much Comcast is going to be paying but I'm doubtful it'll be in anywhere near the, let's say $50 Billion dollar range needed to finish off the spectrum once smaller carriers bid as well.

Analysts were expecting something in the $30 Billion dollar range with a maximum maybe of $50-70 Billion. It's clear that the spectrum is being overvalued. If $86 isn't hit then they might be bidding a lot for even less spectrum. 

Additionally what you've listed were the potential max bids. Companies like AT&T are heavily invested in outside ventures so who knows if they're still willing to spend that much for 600MHz. Verizon has a ton of debt on it's hands and can't sell much more of their wireline business to fund the purchase of more spectrum. The only one willing to shell out is T-Mobile right now and they aren't going to want to ruin their credit just for some spectrum that'll take a while to deploy.

• Like 2

I think it's very, very clear that Sprint nor SoftBank are going to be purchasing any spectrum in this auction. Sprint has made it clear multiple times, the cost of the spectrum and it's ROI makes it a ridiculous purchase. SoftBank definitely isn't gonna bother, they have to get their stock price back up. Buying spectrum that won't be useful for years won't help them, that will only help Sprint and Sprint is a small part of SoftBank's overall business.

I think we all need to stop speculating Sprint having a mystery company in this auction. We all know who has the money here and who really wants this spectrum. Also, the FCC isn't gonna make $86B. VZ and AT&T made it clear that this spectrum isn't worth tens of billions of dollars to them at the start.

• Like 1

Also, the FCC isn't gonna make $86B. VZ and AT&T made it clear that this spectrum isn't worth tens of billions of dollars to them at the start.

I think that herein lies the problem. There's going to be less spectrum to bid on due to the fact that they're not going to hit $86 Billion. When there's less, carriers are going to have to shell out more money due to the high demand for less of a resource.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Unless a statement or release specific to Sprint arises, please keep the general 600 MHz auction discussion in its respective thread, which has been quite active today and near the top of the thread queue in The Forums.

AJ

• Like 3

Just thought I'd throw this out for folks looking for roaming LTE. I'm visiting McComb, Mississippi and noticed I'm getting LTE on Cspire. Speed are good on download (around 12mbps), but they are atrocious on upload...less than 3.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/577caddc3456f/Screenshot_20160706-020447.png?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edit

(Please move this if inappropriate for current thread, it was late when I posted and I was in a hurry and exhausted from the 7 hour drive)

• Like 3

Heading to Slidell in a day or two. Curious to see what's going on since my last visit, which was over a year ago. Maybe more carriers or even band 41 will be my finding...so far, I've never seen band 41 with any phone...from central Alabama through Mississippi, into Slidell.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, this thread died off after the holiday weekend. *tries stoking the fire*

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 7

New roaming agreement for Northern New England:

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20160706/carriers/sprint-network-expanding-in-rural-new-england-thanks-to-gnw-and-extenet-tag4

EDIT:

RedSpark, you beat me by 3 minutes and your headline is better.

LOL. Have a like!  :tu:

• Like 1

That's awesome! Just wish they would freaking expand within their own footprint here in New England !

Meaning cover some of these smaller towns or tourist locations that are close to state roadways and such.

That's awesome! Just wish they would freaking expand within their own footprint here in New England !

Meaning cover some of these smaller towns or tourist locations that are close to state roadways and such.

Great Northwest Woods Wireless might be in a better position than Sprint to quickly expand coverage in those areas.

• Like 1

Great Northwest Woods Wireless might be in a better position than Sprint to quickly expand coverage in those areas.

I totally agree just a quick vent here in mass there are places where I am 1x and of course att/vzw are lte/3G strong that sprint isn't but they aren't hugely populated areas more so tourist attractions.. But out of the urban areas

• Like 2

What makes this different than other roaming agreements for Sprint is that not only is this treated as native coverage, they'll also be able to sell service in these areas. This is a big win!

• Like 9

What makes this different than other roaming agreements for Sprint is that not only is this treated as native coverage, they'll also be able to sell service in these areas. This is a big win!

This is pretty similar to Sprint's agreement with Shentel isn't it?