Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Maybe the new boss will put some resources toward updating the circa 1996 coverage maps.

We could very easily have a better coverage map with OpenStreetMaps. The API is easy, it's super cheap, and there are vector map tiles for high-dpi screens.
  • Like 2

A friend of mine was trying o join my framily and was told by a corp store that it's no longer offered. He joined T-Mobile instead :-/

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

Interesting since we just added 4 a few days ago and another next week. Obviously this Sprint employee is a well placed magenta shill.
  • Like 1

And, as if by magic, the extra 20GB allotment per line just disappeared from my account.  It was there from the time I changed plans last week until a few minutes ago, and now, voila!, it has vanished.  I have 7 lines, and it is no longer on any of them.  Looks like someone is actually doing Q.A.

UPDATE:  The 20 GB/$100 add-on no longer shows up on my account on the full web site.  However, it does still show up on the Sprint Zone mobile site.  My uneducated guess is that Sprint's web people fixed it on the primary site, but haven't gotten around to fixing the other.  However, I will know more in a few days when I get my first updated bill.  :popcorn:

Interesting since we just added 4 a few days ago and another next week. Obviously this Sprint employee is a well placed magenta shill.

Seriously wouldn't surprise me. Allbthe Sprint stores around here are awful, like slimy used car dealers...my friends ATT phone died and he was looking to switch anyways. Sprint lost because of their crappy corp store...sucks. Too bad you can't do it online, he likely would have gone that route...

I just added two lines to my maxed-out Framily (10/10) and had zero issues. Not sure why you couldn't get it done, but it was probably a misinformed rep. That happens A LOT.

It takes a minimum of 2 reps to get anything done properly with regards to Framily. Lol. I'm seriously not kidding, most of my Framily are S4GRU members and can all vouch for this unfortunate truth. Hang-up and call back until you get somebody that knows what they're doing.

CS at Sprint is generally good, as long as you're not trying to do anything complicated. Haha.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just added two lines to my maxed-out Framily (10/10) and had zero issues. Not sure why you couldn't get it done, but it was probably a misinformed rep. That happens A LOT.

It takes a minimum of 2 reps to get anything done properly with regards to Framily. Lol. I'm seriously not kidding, most of my Framily are S4GRU members and can all vouch for this unfortunate truth. Hang-up and call back until you get somebody that knows what they're doing.

CS at Sprint is generally good, as long as you're not trying to do anything complicated. Haha.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Yeah...based on FAQ on Sprint.com, I'm certain it IS available, just a matter of getting the right folks to help. My local corp store adds TEP insurance every single time I walk in the store, without my permission. One time I was just buying a Bluetooth speaker, and my line for insurance added...lol. I guess they get sales credit for it. I just chat online and have it removed... Every single time.

"You've the" bothers me so much...

Actually this is ok. It reminds me of the Sondheim musical Into The Woods:

Baker's Wife: "I see you've the red cape."

Baker: "Yes, only two more items left to locate."

Wife: "Three."

Baker: "Two. I've the cape and the cow."

Wife: "You've the cape!"

Baker: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE COW?!"

See http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Into_the_Woods

I had an interesting talk with a CS rep today over the phone, I was told once my contract is up or 18 months had past that the "Spending Limit (when I signed up my credit wasn't great whereas now it's over 720)" would be removed from my account. Well apparently the CS rep I spoke to back in May was wrong, the only way to remove it is to sign up for auto-bill pay which I do not want. So in the end I got a semi-permanent $11 credit on my bill for the next two years to make up for it. Which brings my solo Framily plan down to $44/month + $20 for unlimited data. Though I am still not completely satisfied as I was lied to or was I? :unsure:

Edited by BlueAngel

Actually this is ok. It reminds me of the Sondheim musical Into The Woods:

Baker's Wife: "I see you've the red cape."

Baker: "Yes, only two more items left to locate."

Wife: "Three."

Baker: "Two. I've the cape and the cow."

Wife: "You've the cape!"

Baker: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE COW?!"

See http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Into_the_Woods

I guess I am slow, I don't get it.

I guess I am slow, I don't get it.

In this context, "I've" is a grammatically correct but somewhat archaic contraction of "I have", meaning "I possess". Some people find this phrasing to be awkward or difficult to understand.

• Like 1

I had an interesting talk with a CS rep today over the phone, I was told once my contract is up or 18 months had past that the "Spending Limit (when I signed up my credit wasn't great whereas now it's over 720)" would be removed from my account. Well apparently the CS rep I spoke to back in May was wrong, the only way to remove it is to sign up for auto-bill pay which I do not want. So in the end I got a semi-permanent $11 credit on my bill for the next two years to make up for it. Which brings my solo Framily plan down to $44/month + $20 for unlimited data. Though I am still not completely satisfied as I was lied to or was I? :unsure:

I don't know exactly how it works now, but when I first became a Sprint customer I had an account spending limit as well. It was removed automatically after a while of paying the bill on time and my deposit was credited to the account. I didn't sign up for auto pay or do anything but pay on time.

I don't know exactly how it works now, but when I first became a Sprint customer I had an account spending limit as well. It was removed automatically after a while of paying the bill on time and my deposit was credited to the account. I didn't sign up for auto pay or do anything but pay on time.

I never had to pay a deposit when I signed up with Sprint.

I have to wonder with all the tweets that are posted about people switching to sprint what the total number of switchers are so far? It seems like sprint is picking up some steam again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to wonder with all the tweets that are posted about people switching to sprint what the total number of switchers are so far? It seems like sprint is picking up some steam again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering the same. FWIW, when I went into Boston last weekend the Sprint store had a good amount of customers in it. T-Mobile had more than Sprint, and Verizon and AT&T had nearly no one. It makes me wonder how they still post net adds of 1 Million+ nearly every quarter.
  • Like 1

I'm wondering the same. FWIW, when I went into Boston last weekend the Sprint store had a good amount of customers in it. T-Mobile had more than Sprint, and Verizon and AT&T had nearly no one. It makes me wonder how they still post net adds of 1 Million+ nearly every quarter.

Tablets.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah...based on FAQ on Sprint.com, I'm certain it IS available, just a matter of getting the right folks to help. My local corp store adds TEP insurance every single time I walk in the store, without my permission. One time I was just buying a Bluetooth speaker, and my line for insurance added...lol. I guess they get sales credit for it. I just chat online and have it removed... Every single time.

So true. First thing I do after making any changes at my local corporate store is log on and check to see if TEP was added. Never fails.

T-Mobile had more than Sprint, and Verizon and AT&T had nearly no one. It makes me wonder how they still post net adds of 1 Million+ nearly every quarter.

Tablets.

RGaqsBj.jpg

AJ

• Like 5