Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Hi Cletus, glad you got back onto Sprint painlessly. I was considering switching to Ting once enough of my lines were off contract, but I switched to framily instead.

You put a lot of work into your spreadsheet; it's very informative. I did something similar with my ongoing usage spreadsheet - mapping comparisons with various Sprint plans and Ting based upon actual usage.

One modification would help your family vs framily comparison a great deal - you should include a column for a full framily. I have 4 lines of my own, but a full framily (courtesy of framilylist.com - best $20 I ever spent!). The monthly line cost for 4 lines is $25 vs $40 - an annual difference of $720. Even at 3GB or unlimited, it compares much more favorably with family shared.

It doesn't help new users, but it might be useful for those contemplating a switch from framily to family shared.

have a great day,

john

Yeah so my route was Ting -> Tmobile prepaid -> Sprint. My phone #s ported out from Ting just fine but my phones had to be set to "Sprint" by Ting before they could be accepted in the Sprint system (despite showing up all green for eligibility).

Okay I updated it on the last tab of the spreadsheet. Let me know if that is different from what you were thinking. I showed the Sprint store guys the spreadsheet and they asked if they could make a copy of it for reference which was pretty neat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM

• Like 2

Okay I updated it on the last tab of the spreadsheet. Let me know if that is different from what you were thinking. I showed the Sprint store guys the spreadsheet and they asked if they could make a copy of it for reference which was pretty neat.

Good morning Cletus,

Yep, that's perfect! So far I'm happy with the framily plan, but had family share been available when I switched I might have gone in that direction. I have two lines that use less than 1GB and two lines that use about 3GB per month, so Framily at $120/mo is a great deal.

There's little headroom at that price however, and I still have to pay a separate $35/mo charge for my hotspot. But there's a big *pricing* hole in the family shared plans between 4GB and 20GB at 4+ lines. 10GB at $50 would have split that difference nicely. But for across-the-board heavy data users, family shared looks like a better deal.

For anyone wondering about how to maintain a 7+ line framily plan, visit framilylist.com. I spent $20 to list my framily code, and went from 4 members to 10 members in less than 18 hours. So I never paid the 4 line framily price. If I drop to less than 7 members, I'll list again. Because spending $20 once saves me $60 every month  :)

have a great day,

john

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger to go to family share and jump the framily plan... hopefully I'll save a few $$ plus adding tethering to all my devices and bigger data pool for my tablets.  I think month-to-month usage on all devices is 5 gb.. so shouldn't have any issues staying in the pool

On the other hand.  I just screwed my framily... 5 devices left them... YIKES!  I hope they pay attention and see this other wise... ish...

• Like 1

I heard people getting members faster then that on reddit for free.

I use reddit to find/fill my customers framilies every day You wasted $20.

Yeah, I posted mine on there and had max discount in two days.  There really isn't any reason to pay for it.

That may be the case, but framilylist was quick, painless and got me the full discount before the billing cycle started. It's still money saved, not money wasted  ;)  I'm not arguing with your experience, just highlighting mine.

have a great day,

john

• Like 4

I just pulled the trigger to go to family share and jump the framily plan... hopefully I'll save a few $$ plus adding tethering to all my devices and bigger data pool for my tablets.  I think month-to-month usage on all devices is 5 gb.. so shouldn't have any issues staying in the pool

On the other hand.  I just screwed my framily... 5 devices left them... YIKES!  I hope they pay attention and see this other wise... ish...

You could be nice and post it to http://www.reddit.com/r/sprintframily as the other posts above mention.

Also, I took some speedtests last night and on the way to work (coworker was driving not me). Pretty good speeds around me now. 89uaguS.png

• Like 1

You could be nice and post it to http://www.reddit.com/r/sprintframily as the other posts above mention.

Also, I took some speedtests last night and on the way to work (coworker was driving not me). Pretty good speeds around me now.

I've noticed speeds over 30Mbps most of the time lately too. Used to be below 20Mbps.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

I've noticed speeds over 30Mbps most of the time lately too. Used to be below 20Mbps.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

Still the occasional bad apple tower that has simply disgraceful speeds (1.5 down and 5 up, really?) but this is a big improvement from when I left Sprint 15 months ago.

Still the occasional bad apple tower that has simply disgraceful speeds (1.5 down and 5 up, really?) but this is a big improvement from when I left Sprint 15 months ago.

I want this!  I'm still dealing with 3G at less than 250kbps down / 400kbps up.  Network Vision has been complete on the tower for a year this month. LTE deployment is lagging.

Nearly every Clear ping I've had has been in the 60's and the lowest I've seen is in the high 40's. And that's on sites like the one I run speed tests on that have speeds of 80Mbps.

Different market, different backhaul, and different equipment. You can't generalize the entire network based off one region.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1