Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

In practice, this doesn't actually happen. History has shown numerous times that "Merge networks" is (usually) a euphemism for "kill a network".

Sure, some small token amount of stuff might get pulled over. But the vast majority of the coverage will be considered "overlapping" (even though it largely isn't) and one of the two networks would be by-and-large entirely shutdown.

That's where the "reduced CAPEX" comes from. By killing someone's sites and backhaul. Merged networks is good for stockholders. But it's not good for folks using those networks.

Well that's a sceptic's view of merging networks. Let's take the case of T-Mobile and let's just say that they decide to merge their networks, not the companies. All collocated sites will eventually be merged, in that all antennas and rrus will be moved to Sprint's platform assuming that there are no weight restrictions. There will be additional cards added to the NV base stations. All non-overlapping sites will be populated with the other companies equipment. T-Mobile right now sees a window of vulnerability for Sprint and is taking advantage of it. In three months that window will be closed. They better aim for AT&T and Verizon customers. In order to do that they need to shore up their coverage. Yes 700Mhz will allow them to do that in certain places but due to Channel 51 exclusion zones they will not able to build nationwide coverage up until the 600Mhz auction. They better purchase even more 700MHz  spectrum from AT&T and others for relatively cheap because the 600MHz auction will be be expensive. If you can reduce your network costs and expand your coverage by network sharing you can then compete with the big boys. Otherwise you are spitting into the wind.

Actually while competing with each other both Tmo and Sprint are competing with Verizon / ATT aggressively.

Sprint new plans are for every one. Especially the $60 unlimited plan for those Verizon / ATT customers who don't travel much but need more than 6GB a month is very attractive, if Sprint has a good coverage and speed where those customers live and work.

I would seriously give a thought to switch my other line from Verizon to Sprint, if Sprint gives out a capped 3GB individual plan for $45. I really don't need unlimited data and use around 2GB every month. I pay $70 some a month for 6GB to Verizon under contract. I have no problem to pay my phone upfront or monthly.

I agree with you about $45 for 3GB unsubsidized or $60 for 2GB subsidized (Verizon).

I agree with you about $45 for 3GB unsubsidized or $60 for 2GB subsidized (Verizon).

Verizon rolled out 2GB $60 subsidized plan in order to tackle Sprint/Tmo.

Sprint $60 unlimited unsubsidized is not enough to counter attack. Marcelo is waiting Legere announces something new at their Sep.10th uncarrier event then Sprint can hit Tmo and big two in once. I believe Sprint won't skip the chance of capped data options for individual plans.

Social media showdown: Sprint's Claure fires back at Legere

Interesting to note that Marcelo is just retweeting other people tweets, not actually doing the tweet.

TS

I haven't noticed where he's actually composed any tweets except non-Tmo stuff. And usually he does his R/T later in the evening...9-10pm. Or that's when I get notifications of his R/T's.

Re tweeting is subtle enough to get the point across. We all know how responding to trolls goes.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I actually like his approach. It's more tactical than Legere's rampant babbling...and his hair. Every time I see a photo of Legere, I'm reminded of the treasure trolls:

Trolls_Not_Smurfs.jpg

It seems Marcelo liked your post.

I'm almost ready to turn off notifications for one of my tweets...this was R/T by Marcelo and about 10 others as well:

https://twitter.com/jleemac1978/status/504960282553487360

• Like 3

I like the moron who tweeted this to me just now:

Jake Stahnke ‏@jakestahnke 3h

@jleemac1978 @JohnLegere @TMobile @sprint Let's have a download race! Any file, your choice. Loser switches networks.

Jonathan McR. ‏@jleemac1978 1h

@jakestahnke @JohnLegere @TMobile @sprint shouldn't take long... pic.twitter.com/nc9BPljpLE

Jake Stahnke ‏@jakestahnke 52m

@jleemac1978 @JohnLegere @TMobile @sprint Not long at all. #ThatWasCute #T-MoAllDay pic.twitter.com/rQk4gkDOpi

Jonathan McR. ‏@jleemac1978 49m

@jakestahnke @JohnLegere @TMobile anything over 15meg download is wasted on mobile anyway.Is this really what Tmo fanboys use 2 brag? #wow

Jake Stahnke ‏@jakestahnke 46m

@jleemac1978 @JohnLegere @TMobile You should have used the hashtag #losingsucks - It's cool though. Sprint fanboy's warcry #heythatsnotfair

Jonathan McR. ‏@jleemac1978 42m

@jakestahnke @JohnLegere And what exactly have I lost? Nothing? That's what I thought. #MoronsTweetToo #IdiotsRunSpeedtestsEndlessly

Jake Stahnke ‏@jakestahnke 42m

@jleemac1978 @JohnLegere If you stuck to the bet, you'd lose your shit network. #namecaller

Jonathan McR. ‏@jleemac1978 40m

@jakestahnke @JohnLegere I didn't place a bet, don't have to either.I bet T-mobile sucks outside of Metro areas..no wait, THATS FACT. #EDGE

Wow...can we all just enjoy our respective carriers? These Tmo people are just soooooo rude and on a high pedestal that can come crashing at any moment....everyone/everything has a season ....what's great right now may not be 6 months from now.

• Like 1

Another Analogy...

T-Mobile users are like dogs within invisible fences....they're "Shocked" by what happens when they leave their "Home" (LTE) Area....#ZappedAtTheEDGE...LOL

• Like 9

Don't hate me.

I have two primary observations:

- all carriers have DB fans (not to be confused with evangelists)

- TMO DBs appear worse I think because they TMO, was first to give the illusion that they were on the customers side.

Thats all :-)

• Like 2

I search the forum and was not able to find anything on this information. I recently made the switch to the 20GB family plan. Today I noticed that sprint had added LTE Provisioning W/Hotspot for no additional price. Called and confirmed with sprint that this feature will be included on all the plans. This is a great feature that we were missing. 

• Like 1

I search the forum and was not able to find anything on this information. I recently made the switch to the 20GB family plan. Today I noticed that sprint had added LTE Provisioning W/Hotspot for no additional price. Called and confirmed with sprint that this feature will be included on all the plans. This is a great feature that we were missing.

Yes the family share plans have tethering included that simply used the shared allotment. It is a great feature!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

• Like 2

I just switched to the new $60 plan even though I still have about 3-4 months left on my contract. The employer discount plan applies to the $30 data portion. I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well so much for that. Apparently my phones are still linked to Ting and I will have to call in when they are open tomorrow (they are open on labor day because the call center is Canadian)

Hopefully it goes easy. This process has really sucked so far.

• Like 3

I just switched to the new $60 plan even though I still have about 3-4 months left on my contract. The employer discount plan applies to the $30 data portion. I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I hope you met the criteria to switch or your in for a nice surprise. Your account has to have one of the following or there is a $25 penalty fee.

1. Have one line on easy pay.

2. Have one line out of contract

3. Have one line upgrade eligible and get a phone with easy pay or msrp

4. You added a line.

e78f095fd636643b92ffa260306f301f.jpg

a73a7bac9cece10df4ad1fe95903f4c8.jpg

• Like 1

I hope you met the criteria to switch or your in for a nice surprise. Your account has to have one of the following or there is a $25 penalty fee.

4. You added a line.

I knew about this which is why I specifically asked about the charge and he said it doesn't apply unless I get a subsidized phone during that period. I hope he is right or I may have to call Sprint and try and work it out.

Oh and I updated the spreadsheet for yearly cost Framily vs Family share

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/

Hi Cletus, glad you got back onto Sprint painlessly. I was considering switching to Ting once enough of my lines were off contract, but I switched to framily instead.

You put a lot of work into your spreadsheet; it's very informative. I did something similar with my ongoing usage spreadsheet - mapping comparisons with various Sprint plans and Ting based upon actual usage.

One modification would help your family vs framily comparison a great deal - you should include a column for a full framily. I have 4 lines of my own, but a full framily (courtesy of framilylist.com - best $20 I ever spent!). The monthly line cost for 4 lines is $25 vs $40 - an annual difference of $720. Even at 3GB or unlimited, it compares much more favorably with family shared.

It doesn't help new users, but it might be useful for those contemplating a switch from framily to family shared.

have a great day,

john

• Like 1

4. You added a line.

I knew about this which is why I specifically asked about the charge and he said it doesn't apply unless I get a subsidized phone during that period. I hope he is right or I may have to call Sprint and try and work it out.

The part about a sunsidized phone is for the data share plans. Where any customer can get the $15 fee instead of the $40. On the unlimited $60 you must have one of the 4 qualifiers or else you get the $25 added charge.

ame="JosefTor" post="357510" timestamp="1409598756"]

The part about a sunsidized phone is for the data share plans. Where any customer can get the $15 fee instead of the $40. On the unlimited $60 you must have one of the 4 qualifiers or else you get the $25 added charge.

If he had 3 or 4 months left off the contact, he may have been upgrade eligible
  • Like 1