Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I thought sprint was doing much better but apparently people don't see it. Stock was @ $2.81 today wondering how bad it will get. Bringing in subs is a must but the growth isn't fast enough to build confidence. I really think son needs to grab us cellular and maybe see what Charlie can offer. I don't see anything positive for sprint as far as stocks and investors go unless they buy someone or get bought. That will get those $$$$ moving. The NGN project is all good but that seems to be stuck in neutral for some reason.

That said Tmo has simply plans vzw has its s m l xl plans .

Sprint needs to offer a simplified price plan structure with reasonable overage rates according to the plans price per gb, waive access fees and run a hell of a marketing campaign.

I have been wishing the best for sprint but it's not looking good for them. Money wise the network finally starts coming around and bam layoffs, budget cuts , etc smh

I thought sprint was doing much better but apparently people don't see it. Stock was @ $2.81 today wondering how bad it will get. Bringing in subs is a must but the growth isn't fast enough to build confidence. I really think son needs to grab us cellular and maybe see what Charlie can offer. I don't see anything positive for sprint as far as stocks and investors go unless they buy someone or get bought. That will get those $$$$ moving. The NGN project is all good but that seems to be stuck in neutral for some reason.

That said Tmo has simply plans vzw has its s m l xl plans .

Sprint needs to offer a simplified price plan structure with reasonable overage rates according to the plans price per gb, waive access fees and run a hell of a marketing campaign.

I have been wishing the best for sprint but it's not looking good for them. Money wise the network finally starts coming around and bam layoffs, budget cuts , etc smh

I agree with the plan structure - it needs to be overhauled, and Sprint needs a single line of simple to understand plans for everyone. Sure, let legacy customers stay with their old plans if they want, but the new plans should be good enough that EVERYONE will want them: old and new customers. Make it so that old customers don't feel penalized for staying with Sprint and choosing a lease. Kill the 50% off bull. Kill the store-exclusive plans. One line of plans for everyone. It works for the other carriers, and worked for Sprint before Marcelo.

I liked the Framily concept, having individually liable accounts join together in a family plan-like structure for savings. I'd love to see that come back.

• Like 5

He's been CEO long enough to see a bigger turnaround than we're currently seeing. T-Mobile had a bigger turnaround in as much time, if not less. T-Mobile's situation is different from Sprint's in a lot of ways, of course, but I'm just saying he's had enough time to show his hand and so far there hasn't really been much improvement in many areas of the business. I have no idea how much of this is his fault vs. Sprint's culture or SoftBank's guidance, though.

T-Mobile had a quicker turn around I feel due to getting some free money from att and being able to convince consumers that tmo was upgrading and getting better.

Sprint not so much.

Masa is not stupid and wants to win. So I'm not saying to give up on sprint anytime soon.

Maybe if the stock drops more, SoftBank will buy Sprint in whole and maybe go private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You know what Sprint should do once NGN has jumped into action? Instead of these Lamo wack commercials such as Sprint Kid, 50% off ads..

They should run cool and appealing adverts, Yellow is just as an appealing color as magenta is with Black.

Sprint is pushing it with fast and affordable, but they aren't pushing their improved network coverage with the acquisition and re-purposing of Nextel spectrum.

Look how hard T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon all putting effort into coverage and not just speed look at this example of T-Mobile's Band 12 advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAJ1iEHNt8

Band 12 is essentially the same as Band 26, Sprint should be marketing it out like T-mobile has with Band 12.

Sprint is like that realtor who has a really nice home to sell but doesn't put it on Zillow. Sprint needs to shape it's marketing division, it's gotta be more aggressive and more flashy

The ad with david beckham was nice and all but not flashy enough.. Too long and not enough music to make it stick in the consumers mind

Some good examples of good ads Sprint has put out

Just my opinion, not hating or anything it's just I miss the old aggressive Sprint ads

• Like 8

You know what Sprint should do once NGN has jumped into action? Instead of these Lamo wack commercials such as Sprint Kid, 50% off ads..

They should run cool and appealing adverts, Yellow is just as an appealing color as magenta is with Black.

Sprint is pushing it with fast and affordable, but they aren't pushing their improved network coverage with the acquisition and re-purposing of Nextel spectrum.

Look how hard T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon all putting effort into coverage and not just speed look at this example of T-Mobile's Band 12 advert.

(SNIP)

Band 12 is essentially the same as Band 26, Sprint should be marketing it out like T-mobile has with Band 12.

Sprint is like that realtor who has a really nice home to sell but doesn't put it on Zillow. Sprint needs to shape it's marketing division, it's gotta be more aggressive and more flashy

I agree with you 100%. Sprint needs to do a much better job on this. The network improvements only mean so much if they aren't communicated well or at all to both current and prospective customers... And current customers are always prospective customers for someone else.

I disagree. Yellow can be very appealing. You could make those T-Mobile style ads with Yellow, and they'd look just fine.

Here's a nice YouTube video just posted by Qualcomm (January 19th) about Carrier Aggregation, as demonstrated on an HTC One A9, which clearly shows a difference in speed and performance for the average user:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGsC8-qWi8

It does a great job explaining in a clear visual way what Carrier Aggregation means... but why isn't Sprint doing something like this on its website or in a short commercial? How can Qualcomm do a better job at this than Sprint?

Hopefully Roger Sole does a good job handling Sprint's marketing initiatives as the new CMO. Roger is replacing the current CMO, Kevin Crull, who is transitioning over to become one of Sprint's four area presidents (Central Region) as part of One Sprint. What's interesting here is that Kevin recently joined Sprint in May 2015 as CMO, so this is a pretty quick transition that he's making.

Not sure what to make of that. Perhaps Marcelo feels Roger will handle marketing better than Kevin?

• Like 1

I agree with you 100%. Sprint needs to do a much better job on this. The network improvements only mean so much if they aren't communicated well or at all to both current and prospective customers... And current customers are always prospective customers for someone else.

I disagree. Yellow can be very appealing. You could make those T-Mobile style ads with Yellow, and they'd look just fine.

Here's a nice YouTube video just posted by Qualcomm (January 19th) about Carrier Aggregation, as demonstrated on an HTC One A9, which clearly shows a difference in speed and performance for the average user:

It does a great job explaining in a clear visual way what Carrier Aggregation means... but why isn't Sprint doing something like this on its website or in a short commercial? How can Qualcomm do a better job at this than Sprint?

Hopefully Roger Sole does a good job handling Sprint's marketing initiatives as the new CMO. Roger is replacing the current CMO, Kevin Crull, who is transitioning over to become one of Sprint's four area presidents (Central Region) as part of One Sprint. What's interesting here is that Kevin recently joined Sprint in May 2015 as CMO, so this is a pretty quick transition that he's making.

Not sure what to make of that. Perhaps Marcelo feels Roger will handle marketing better than Kevin?

I love how it didn't show LTE speed tests but download demonstrations but a speed test would have been nice. They could show the speed test difference first because people like big numbers. Just don't make the mistake of broadcasting the ad in the many cities that don't have band 41 or CA because the backfire will not be pretty.

I love how it didn't show LTE speed tests but download demonstrations but a speed test would have been nice. They could show the speed test difference first because people like big numbers. Just don't make the mistake of broadcasting the ad in the many cities that don't have band 41 or CA because the backfire will not be pretty.

I actually prefer that they don't show the speed test numbers because although people like big numbers, the results and how they translate into real world usage matters more. If Sprint did a test along these lines it'd be hard for people on other carriers to argue and say their speed is faster because they get a higher number.

What Qualcomm's video shows is the benefit of carrier aggregation and how it translates into actually doing things on your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The Sprint ads are silly and cheap looking. The whole Karate group smashing 50% bricks is not appealing to me, and it looks like retards.  It is amazing that a company with 36 billions on revenue haven't been able to get everything in place,but i guess that is what the new CFO is doing.

They need to detail their NGN plans in the next conference earnings call. 

• Like 3

The Sprint ads are silly and cheap looking. The whole Karate group smashing 50% bricks is not appealing to me, and it looks like retards.  It is amazing that a company with 36 billions on revenue haven't been able to get everything in place,but i guess that is what the new CFO is doing.

They need to detail their NGN plans in the next conference earnings call. 

I really liked their Zombie Framily commercial.  Probably one of their best ones.  The rest?  I don't even remember them.

• Like 1

I love how it didn't show LTE speed tests but download demonstrations but a speed test would have been nice. They could show the speed test difference first because people like big numbers. Just don't make the mistake of broadcasting the ad in the many cities that don't have band 41 or CA because the backfire will not be pretty.

Disagree. I don't believe Joe Public cares about speed tests, knows what the numbers mean or knows how to run one. They care how fast their Facebook timeline or Instagram feed loads.
  • Like 6

Disagree. I don't believe Joe Public cares about speed tests, knows what the numbers mean or knows how to run one. They care how fast their Facebook timeline or Instagram feed loads.

Show someone uploading a photo at a baseball game with no problems and you've got a customer for life.

• Like 7

EXACTLY.

The fact is (IMO) that the majority of cell phone users don't care about actual speeds.  They really don't.  We have 5 lines in our Sprint plan and only one of us has actually ever ran a speed test (ME.)

I've personally persuaded 5 other people into coming to Sprint (4 of which I got the referral bonus for, 1 who did not fill out their form on time.)  Know how I did it?  Literally took time out of my life, went to their house, and let them use my phone for a bit.  They placed calls from their basements.  They wanted to make sure they could use Twitter.  They wanted to make sure they got text messages.  I ran a speed test when I arrived and showed it to them, but the replies were all along the lines of 'oh wow, thats cool!' but they had no idea what the difference is between a 25Mbps download speed and a 80Mbps download speed, nor did they care.  They wanted to know it would work.

The actual speeds are a good way for us techy folks to feel comfortable with the network and improvements, but I lean on the fact that most people could give two shits about actual speeds.  Know what pisses them off?  When they are sitting with friends having a beer and they are unable to get Facebook to refresh.  Its silly - but that's what I've seen in this area.  I am extrapolating that out and guessing that far less than 10% of Sprint customers give a damn about actual speeds.

• Like 7

I really liked their Zombie Framily commercial.  Probably one of their best ones.  The rest?  I don't even remember them.

The Zombie was actually for Unlimited My Way... The Hamster (voiced by Andrew Dice Clay) was in the

Sprint Zombie for Unlimited My Way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tw94AKqOo

Sprint Zombie for Unlimited Guarantee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2WmdzihAo

Sprint Zombie for Add-a-Line on Unlimited My Way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGsImbTFvDc

• Like 3

Sprint stock is down almost 14% so far this morning.

What in the freak is going on its at $2.34.

The Zombie was actually for Unlimited My Way... The Hamster (voiced by Andrew Dice Clay) was in the

Sprint Zombie for Add-a-Line on Unlimited My Way:

Eh, I remember it being for the unlimited data guarantee, which Framily also had.  Maybe that's where I mixed it up.  I did not like the hamster commercial.

• Like 1

EXACTLY.

The fact is (IMO) that the majority of cell phone users don't care about actual speeds.  They really don't.  We have 5 lines in our Sprint plan and only one of us has actually ever ran a speed test (ME.)

I've personally persuaded 5 other people into coming to Sprint (4 of which I got the referral bonus for, 1 who did not fill out their form on time.)  Know how I did it?  Literally took time out of my life, went to their house, and let them use my phone for a bit.  They placed calls from their basements.  They wanted to make sure they could use Twitter.  They wanted to make sure they got text messages.  I ran a speed test when I arrived and showed it to them, but the replies were all along the lines of 'oh wow, thats cool!' but they had no idea what the difference is between a 25Mbps download speed and a 80Mbps download speed, nor did they care.  They wanted to know it would work.

The actual speeds are a good way for us techy folks to feel comfortable with the network and improvements, but I lean on the fact that most people could give two shits about actual speeds.  Know what pisses them off?  When they are sitting with friends having a beer and they are unable to get Facebook to refresh.  Its silly - but that's what I've seen in this area.  I am extrapolating that out and guessing that far less than 10% of Sprint customers give a damn about actual speeds.

I'm saying big numbers do matter. Verizon uses big numbers on every commercial and I have met plenty of people using the commercial to say that there carrier is better. Whether people care or not if you put all 4 carriers on a speed test at the same time and Sprint had say 50% more speed than the others, then that person would likely pick the carrier with the higher speed. Show a carrier with 40% more coverage than another and people are going to pick the better coverage. It's like 4K tv's, 240 refresh rates and 50, million to 1 contrast ratio are not a big deal but those numbers will make you feel like its superior and get a sale at the right price. THIS IS AMERICA! Bigger is considered better here period.

• Like 2

What in the freak is going on its at $2.34.

Bad news came out recently (with the bonds), and Sprint is not announcing any good news to negate the bad press so it's continuing to drop more.  If Sprint's really wanting to stay on NYSE, they're going to have to sell off some of its B41 assets and/or start some sort of merger talk rumors.

• Like 3

Bad news came out recently (with the bonds), and Sprint is not announcing any good news to negate the bad press so it's continuing to drop more.  If Sprint's really wanting to stay on NYSE, they're going to have to sell off some of its B41 assets and/or start some sort of merger talk rumors.

They will be okay. I believe they are doing this on purpose. Maybe so softbank can buy more shares

• Like 3

Bad news came out recently (with the bonds), and Sprint is not announcing any good news to negate the bad press so it's continuing to drop more. If Sprint's really wanting to stay on NYSE, they're going to have to sell off some of its B41 assets and/or start some sort of merger talk rumors.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a bear market right now. Really bad timing for re/code's article that ended up severely hurting the stock.
  • Like 1

They will be okay. I believe they are doing this on purpose. Maybe so softbank can buy more shares

I don't think the stock can take much more damage before it's delisted.  Softbank is a lot of incentives (tax-wise) to keep at least 15% of the stock public.

SoftBank's ownership has to stay below 85%. Otherwise, it would trigger a tender offer for the remaining shares:

The company said it intends to keep its stake in Sprint below an 85 percent threshold that would trigger a tender offer for the remaining shares, a condition of SoftBank's $21.6 billion deal to acquire Sprint in 2013

• Like 1

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a bear market right now. Really bad timing for re/code's article that ended up severely hurting the stock.

Maybe the execs will buy the stock in large sums when it gets really low.  T-Mobile having 3x the market cap is ridiculous for such a similar sized company.

• Like 1

Hmmm it just seem like a whole bunch of mess coming from out of the Sprint camp. It's things that are to save money but analysts are viewing it as a step backwards. I will say that my experience have turned a full 360 but it's seems like they will always be haunted by their past. Sad thing to be honest. I read a few posts that if T-Mobile can do it so can Sprint. Yes that is very true they indeed can but Sprint burned a lot of people when the network was at its worse and then on top of that was being promised this and that. So their climb to the top is going be hard regardless in my eyes because of perception from past customers and folks who never had Sprint but the word just got around. T-Mobile was able to sale what they had because they were in a different position at that time. I do hope for a major major turn around for Sprint.

• Like 1

Hmmm it just seem like a whole bunch of mess coming from out of the Sprint camp. It's things that are to save money but analysts are viewing it as a step backwards. I will say that my experience have turned a full 360 but it's seems like they will always be haunted by their past. Sad thing to be honest. I read a few posts that if T-Mobile can do it so can Sprint. Yes that is very true they indeed can but Sprint burned a lot of people when the network was at its worse and then on top of that was being promised this and that. So their climb to the top is going be hard regardless in my eyes because of perception from past customers and folks who never had Sprint but the word just got around. T-Mobile was able to sale what they had because they were in a different position at that time. I do hope for a major major turn around for Sprint.

It is not necessary true. It maybe that the US market can only support three national carriers if we insist on treating them like utilities.