Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I don't think Global Roaming was meant for extended deployments. However, Sprint has a pretty good Unlocking Policy for Military Personnel.

I can confirm that Sprint is VERY accommodating for any DoD employee (MIL or CIV) that goes overseas. They have lots of things they can do to help.

• Like 2

I want to see these results. But outside of that. I do have a question. If T-Mobile has a more dense network, why didn't they win too many reliability always via rootmetrics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see these results. But outside of that. I do have a question. If T-Mobile has a more dense network, why didn't they win too many reliability always via rootmetrics?

Minimal low band LTE and no low band circuit switched calls hurts their reliability score.
  • Like 3

Minimal low band LTE and no low band circuit switched calls hurts their reliability score.

Ohhhh ok gotcha. Thanks for that. I can't wait to see these scores for root and Nelson tomorrow. If Sprint is indeed crowned the fastest let's see how the media takes it.

What kind of person doesn't accept a free phone no strings attached from the CEO himself!?

*facepalm*

Pride.

And as always, the bulk of their density is closest to and in the cities than other carriers, especially in some areas where they have the lowest density in suburbs and exurbs.

I would love to read an article on this instead of looking at a chart.

*update*

This is all I could find on it but I still want a articles from Nielsen. Either way good for sprint.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/awards/network/

• Like 2

That test had to be in locations that had all 3 bands and CA working to get those results. Not true for many other locations. It amazes me how ALL carriers use test results, coverage results, and other data to claim something is Nationwide!! No carrier has anything Nationwide.

• Like 4

Because TEP is the biggest ripoff ever.

There are other warranties out there (squaretrade, applecare) that are much better/cheaper.

I as well have been hit with the TEP "requirement" from store reps as well.  I've also been told they can't sell a phone without a contract.

It just leaves a really sour feeling every time I leave the sprint store and have to login to manually remove the TEP option.

I've been bitten by this as well. Walked into a corporate store to purchase a phone at full cost without activation, and the rep literally told me to go to Best Buy down the road because he wouldn't sell it to me.

The same store has also accessed my account without authorization when a family member needed to swap a device. I don't mind that they needed to access my account to swap the device, but I do mind that they put TEP on a 5-year-old slider phone without authorization, especially given that the family member did not know the account PIN, and that this is my secondary security answer:

JrgxHZB.png

Sprint did make changes recently to help curtail this by requiring account holders to delegate explicit permission for others to make these types of changes in-store, but I've been burned enough times to know that I'm better off ordering from Amazon at this point.

• Like 1

That test had to be in locations that had all 3 bands and CA working to get those results. Not true for many other locations. It amazes me how ALL carriers use test results, coverage results, and other data to claim something is Nationwide!! No carrier has anything Nationwide.

Sprint is just now in a position where they can claim what all the others have.  Why wouldn't they brag on their network where it performs?  Not like Tmo and AT&T add caveats to their bragging and say they suck in Omaha, etc..

• Like 3

I agree that Sprint is improving and have made gains that they should Toot Their Horn a little. And as I stated ALL CARRIERS are guilty of false claims of things being Nationwide when it isn't so. I have been with Sprint since I started with NEXTEL before the merger. I hope Sprint continues to improve as the areas where they have are great. I just have to drive 45 minutes or more to experience it, that isn't Nationwide in my book.

• Like 2

that isn't Nationwide in my book.

Yep, Sprint doesn't check your definitions before marketing.  And not with me either, for that matter.  Prepare to be disappointed as they keep tooting their horn.  They need to do it.  They have to do it.  If all their competitors brag about being the biggest, the best and the fastest, even though they are not those things everywhere either, then Sprint has to brag about its accomplishments.  Even if not on your block.

• Like 14

Sorry for post this here, wasn't sure where else to put it.

But long live unlimited data (for now....and until AT&T doubles the price in the future).

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/11/10746516/att-unlimited-data-plan-pricing-directv-uverse

It's actually a pretty good deal if you are a DirectTV or uVerse customer....$180 for 4 lines, unlimited talk/text/data. One unique aspect..you can get unlimited data on a TABLET. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

• Like 4

But long live unlimited data (for now....and until AT&T doubles the price in the future).

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/11/10746516/att-unlimited-data-plan-pricing-directv-uverse

It's actually a pretty good deal if you are a DirectTV or uVerse customer....$180 for 4 lines, unlimited talk/text/data. One unique aspect..you can get unlimited data on a TABLET. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Ohhhh this is kinda tempting...my parents have Uverse. Per the article $100 for one line isn't bad considering that that same line is $95 on T-Mobile.

• Like 2

The saga of Unlimited Data on AT&T is remarkable.

AT&T offered Unlimited Data for $30/month on the iPhone. It then stopped offering it, and replaced it with tiered data plans. Then it decided to throttle the top 5% of Unlimited Data users. Then those Unlimited Data users started being throttled at usage levels even lower than the tiered data plans because the top 5% was causing a data "shrinkage" every month no matter how much the "top usage" was. So AT&T then made it a 3GB throttle cap for 3G devices and 5GB throttle cap for 4G/LTE devices irrespective of whether or not the network was actually congested: Speeds were throttled to Edge/3G speeds. Then AT&T starting offering "Double Data" promotions on its shared plans where people on a 15 GB plan would get 30 GB, 30 GB would get 60 GB, 50 GB would get 100 GB, etc. for the same price as long as they stayed on it... and this showed that congestion based on Unlimited Plan usage alone was a total farce. People kept dropping their throttled AT&T Unlimited Plans, either to switch to other carriers, or to stay with AT&T, but on a "Mobile Share" plan. Then AT&T finally got investigated and fined by the FCC for throttling on Unlimited Plans, but hardly anyone was still on one anymore. Then AT&T made the throttling threshold 22 GB for those remaining handful of customers still on the plan and said it would reduce speeds for those customers using over 22 GB/month only in areas of congestion. Also, the price is increasing by $5/month in February.

As for Tablets, AT&T offered its "no contract" Unlimited Data Plan for the iPad which you could turn off and on as needed. It was sold as a "breakthrough deal" by Apple/AT&T... and AT&T pulled it barely one month after the device shipped to customers, replacing it with tiered plans before many people even received their devices. So the only way to keep the Unlimited plan was to never actually cancel it. These Unlimited Data iPad SIM Cards went for thousands of dollars on eBay.

Now it's offering Unlimited Data for new/existing customers who also sign up for DirecTV, and per this re/code article, you can stay on the plan even after AT&T stops offering it.

Just remember whom you're making a deal with...

• Like 3

AT&T is very reactionary. After losing customers for several quarters, they need to do something. The days of Sprint taking 6-12 months to react are long gone, now AT&T is filling that shoe.

AT&T is very reactionary. After losing customers for several quarters, they need to do something. The days of Sprint taking 6-12 months to react are long gone, now AT&T is filling that shoe.

I predicted this would happen.  Just as you said, they've been losing the most postpaid phone subscribers for the last few quarters.  If they're wanting to pass Verizon, they'll need to offer some type of incentive.  I still predict Verizon will eventually bring back unlimited, but it'll be outrageously expensive.

• Like 1