Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Hopefully the densification has been extremely well thought out. I am not yet sold on this bringing sprint over the top. I do believe it will help especially in urban areas. Do they plan on putting some real power into 800?

Sprint may also plan on some of their partners buying 600 and then buying them, but that would be dangerous at best. I believe son has a plan..... Didn't sprint just buy some 700??

In Memphis yes, part of a deal with C-Spire. The popular opinion is they will turn around and sell it. I am not completely convinced. There is enough lower 700 out there that could be for sale. Buy those licenses and it can most likely be deployed before the 600 MHz spectrum and many Sprint devices already support it. It won't be nationwide but it would hurt a competitor and give some more capacity in those areas.

• Like 1

Meh that's just a rehash of a report that was already posted in this thread back on the 24th with Karl Bode's usual slant and T-Mobile exaltation sprinkled on top.

• Like 1

Sprint may also plan on some of their partners buying 600 and then buying them, but that would be dangerous at best. I believe son has a plan..... Didn't sprint just buy some 700??

To extend this thinking...Sprint must feel they are in a good spectrum position in major cities and other urban areas. Rural is a problem though that 600 MHz is ideal to solve.

Perhaps Sprint is thinking they could assist (monetarily) the CCA/RRP program to buy spectrum, have the partner deploy it, and Sprint could then freely roam on it.

• Like 2

Reading that article it seems like... Get the network done and sell.

Comcast wouldn't need low band as they have wifi in buildings.

Comcast routers already offer wifi to any customer. With wifi calling and sprints spectrum they wouldn't need 600 or any cable operator who buys sprint. Next up would be a wireless cable/modem/ mini cell box from Comcast

There goes the need for 600 out the window and in turn save billions buying and deploying it.

Just add some macro towers in rural areas with 800 and save some cash

• Like 1

Reading that article it seems like... Get the network done and sell.

Comcast wouldn't need low band as they have wifi in buildings.

Comcast routers already offer wifi to any customer. With wifi calling and sprints spectrum they wouldn't need 600 or any cable operator who buys sprint. Next up would be a wireless cable/modem/ mini cell box from Comcast

There goes the need for 600 out the window and in turn save billions buying and deploying it.

Just add some macro towers in rural areas with 800 and save some cash

Comcast Wireless,

Where unlimited data is removed from customers day 1, overages are increased to $30/GB.  Also, there are now phone rental fees, $8 for use for texting privileges, $10 for voice, and $50 for a GB.  Also, if you call to complain, we'll change your screen name to something obscene.

• Like 4

Comcast Wireless,

Where unlimited data is removed from customers day 1, overages are increased to $30/GB. Also, there are now phone rental fees, $8 for use for texting privileges, $10 for voice, and $50 for a GB. Also, if you call to complain, we'll change your screen name to something obscene.

That may be true. But apparently our mighty son didn't care or he never would have approached Comcast before right?

Son is a business man first they don't care about us just about the $$$$ and the power that goes with it.

• Like 2

Boy those comments are a shitshow. If I showed up at Codezero's door with a lawyer and asked him to explain where Sprint violated the law on unlocking, would he be able to explain anything, or just stammer?

Don't quote me on this, but nearly all of the phones released in 2015 support 2x CA. This includes the LG G Flex2 (I think it was the first to do so), HTC One M9, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, and S6 Edge Plus, LG G4, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, and I know I'm probably missing some others.

• Like 1

Don't quote me on this, but nearly all of the phones released in 2015 support 2x CA. This includes the LG G Flex2 (I think it was the first to do so), HTC One M9, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, and S6 Edge Plus, LG G4, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, and I know I'm probably missing some others.

Nope that is pretty much it for carrier releases for 2015! Note edge was the first device.

• Like 1

Now also the Nexus 5X and 6P

• Like 2

Sprint isn’t in a happy place,” said Roger Entner, an analyst with Recon Analytics LLC. “Their network is improving, but they are going to be in the valley of darkness for another year before improvements will be widely recognized by consumers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-29/sprint-in-valley-of-darkness-looks-for-more-time-not-airwaves

Sprint isn’t in a happy place,” said Roger Entner, an analyst with Recon Analytics LLC. “Their network is improving, but they are going to be in the valley of darkness for another year before improvements will be widely recognized by consumers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-29/sprint-in-valley-of-darkness-looks-for-more-time-not-airwaves

Cool.  Another "just one more year before a turnaround!" statement.  I do like the "valley of darkness" metaphor this time, though.  :lol:

• Like 3

Yes it has indeed improved. What's sad is Sprint never had to be like this if the board wasn't fighting against Dan when he was trying to improve things back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes it has indeed improved. What's sad is Sprint never had to be like this if the board wasn't fighting against Dan when he was trying to improve things back then.

Which board members, and where are they now?  (bottom line:  were those board members replaced?)

Which board members, and where are they now? (bottom line: were those board members replaced?)

Exactly they are gone but what they did left a somewhat lasting mark. So now currently Marcelo and his team are trying to take their Mr. Clean magic eraser to remove that mark in the consumers eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cool.  Another "just one more year before a turnaround!" statement.  I do like the "valley of darkness" metaphor this time, though.  :lol:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.

AJ

• Like 6

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.

AJ

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

"If Your Going To Be One, Be A Big Red One!"

https://www.1stid.org/historyindex.php

{Honestly, AJ, I can't possibly like your post enough!}

most interesting part

" Those customers also may activate a new phone and remain on the $60 Unlimited Plan as long as they still meet the plan requirements and are purchasing a phone option and financing option that is compatible with the plan."

i wonder if that is to say after the cut off date people with a grandfathered $60 plan can add lines at the same $60 rate?  

The report wasn't even released yet. Also, is this the highest average download speed that Sprint has had in any market? That's insanely good!

• Like 2

Boo.  Too bad that I'm on a contract.

Edited by clbowens